What are your Digimon headcanons?

Kamotz

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Headcannon - the Chessmon only unified recently after centuries of Civil War. There used to be entire lines of Chessmon for both colors, but the end result of their unification led to full 50-50 integration of the higher-level Chessmon species.

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ongoing Adventure 2020:
Angemon was originally Seraphimon while he was imprisoned, but every time they've summoned Omnimon, he's gone down a level, just as escaping prison and giving them another power-up finally tapped him out.

Kamotz

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ongoing Adventure 2020:
Angemon was originally Seraphimon while he was imprisoned, but every time they've summoned Omnimon, he's gone down a level, just as escaping prison and giving them another power-up finally tapped him out.
I would love it if this were the case. Does Ophanimon/Garomon contribute the same way through Hikari?

I’m convinced that the only reason for Omnimon to show up so early and/or often is for him to fail at a critical moment and subvert the “omnimon comes in and saves everyone” trope.

NTDum2

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ongoing Adventure 2020:
I would love it if this were the case. Does Ophanimon/Garomon contribute the same way through Hikari?

I’m convinced that the only reason for Omnimon to show up so early and/or often is for him to fail at a critical moment and subvert the “omnimon comes in and saves everyone” trope.
You are 100% right, if he appears in the beginning, or middle part of a Digimon Movie, he´ s going to get Shredded.

NTDum2

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Another headcanon, in Tamers Azulongmon, purposedly waited until the Tamers faced Zhuqiamon, to intervene, allowing 11 Devas to become cannon fodder for them, so the Tamers could become stronger enough to face off against the D-Reaper later on.

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Personal Head canons for each of the Royal Knights/stuff that should be in their profiles and characterizations to make them more unique and likable (and to canonize some of their more interesting portrayals):

Alphamon:
"It adores talking about miscellaneous trivia about both the Digital World and the human World, and even though it is a steadfast leader and warrior it can't help but share the knowledge its gathered even in the midst of battle."

Omegamon:
"Even though it's a stable fusion of War Greymon and Metal Garurumon occasionally the two sides of it's personality can come into a disagreement and the heads on its hands can be heard arguing with each other."
"When Alphamon is absent, it tries to act as the leader of the Royal Knights but often finds managing the other eleven members difficult."

Craniummon:
"It has a friendly rivalry with Duftmon and on peaceful days a crowd of Pawn Chessmon may gather around them to watch them play Chess, Shogi, or other strategy games. Craniummon's victory margin over Duftmon is only two games!"

Dukemon:
"It usually acts together with Omegamon and Magnamon, but will often disagree with Omegamon's judgement."

Magnamon:
"Because it evolved using a Digimental, it still retains the personality of a Child, and can often be seen playing with Child Digimon."
"Though it regards Ulforce V-dramon as an older brother, it typically works alongside Omegamon and Dukemon, where it tries to keep the peace between their differing philosophies."

Dynasmon:
"It is a 'brutish' knight that is commonly regarded as Lord Knightmon's partner and enforcer, though the feelings of camaraderie between the two don't seem to be as mutual as Dynasmon thinks . . ."

Lord Knightmon:
"It is often seen acting together with Dynasmon. Though Dynasmon thinks of the two of them as equals, rumor has it that Lord Knightmon's been heard calling Dynasmon its servant under its breath."

Ulforce V-dramon:
"It regards Magnamon as its younger brother, but it seems the pressure of being a 'role model' can cause it to panic in a pinch. Because their mission completion rates both go down when they work together, they are rarely seen together in the field."

Sleipmon:
"Because it outspeeds the other Royal Knights and it has a unique physical form it often acts on entirely its own. The only other member it regards as a potential ally is its rival in speed, Ulforce V-dramon."

Duftmon:
"It considers Omegamon its rival in its desire to lead the Royal Knights and Craniummon to be its rival in intellect. It would seem that it has few others it would ever call a 'true friend', and it resents Craniummon's margin of victory over it in strategy games."

Examon:
"Because the host computers have difficulty rendering it, its very existence can cause lag in both it and the environment, giving the impression that its slow. This is reinforced by it possessing the single-mindedness of Breakdramon with the calm of Slayerdramon, which has occasionally led to it being called the 'Simpleton' of the Royal Knights. It definitely needs to be kept apart from Magnamon and Lord Knightmon, who both usually give Examon 'bad advice' on how to use its overwhelming strength."

Gankoomon and Jesmon:
Pretty interesting as they are.

Last edited:

Darklabo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
- Gankoomon is actually Ryo Akiyama who has permanently merged with Cyberdramon.
Gankoomon is therefore either the Ultra of Justimon, or its Slide-Evolution.

- Cranniumon is a possible evolution of DarkKnightmon.

- Chaosdramon is the Dark-Evolution of MetalGreymon (Virus).

- Wanyamon is the real Baby 2 Level of Garurumon.

- Maki's partner should have been Huanglongmon.

- Dark Gennai is actually Piemon.

- Omegamon MM can use its wings to protect itself and as blades to attack.

Last edited:

Naal

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The reason Izumi was able to control her beast spirit from the get go in Frontier was because Shutumon is only half-beast.

Yamato-san

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That explain why he’s way stronger than the average Digimon (included Omegamon, because why not), not why he can become a Super-Ultimate Digimon when the whole point of V-Tamer is that Arcadiamon is supposed to be the only Digimon to be able to access this level.
I thought it was pretty clear that Zeromaru was able to beat Digimon beyond his level because he was toughened as fuck. Remember, his first time fighting a Perfect (not counting the small spat with Gekovich), he only barely managed to scrape by.

TheMatrix

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That explain why he’s way stronger than the average Digimon (included Omegamon, because why not), not why he can become a Super-Ultimate Digimon when the whole point of V-Tamer is that Arcadiamon is supposed to be the only Digimon to be able to access this level.
I thought it was pretty clear that Zeromaru was able to beat Digimon beyond his level because he was toughened as fuck. Remember, his first time fighting a Perfect (not counting the small spat with Gekovich), he only barely managed to scrape by.
Just wondering how much do you think that being higher level should matter? I say this because after playing Digimon World were you champion can be brought down by a rookie and I ones failed to defeat Garuromon with an ultimate digimon but succesfully defeated him with another champion I am starting to wonder how much it should really matter. I mean Vandemon was far more powerfull then Vademon in the cartoon show despite them being at the same level and given how Digimon grow on a much more individual level then say pokemon or real life butterflies not to mention inherit the abilities from their past life I do not think that one level above the other should always mean the difference between defeat or victory.

Darklabo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
He quickly catches up the gap that separates him from the Perfect Levels however, even when Neo, the famous genius, arrives with his Perfect Digimon which are themselves supposed to be stronger than the wild Digimon, Zero still manages to defeat them.
Same thing for the Ultimates Level after he evolved into AeroVeedramon.

But, that's not what bothers me, it's just the fact that he can use the Digimental to evolve when it was supposed to be a unique feature of Arcadiamon.

*By the way, can someone tell me why my previous post disappeared ?

Notus

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
One of HolyDigitamamons attacks is summoning a lot of Holy-species holy hand grenades Digitamas and bombarding them on his opponents. Adventure: approves.

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Although Takeru's first name has always been given in katakana in official materials, I headcanon that it can also be written in kanji form according to the one written on the blackboard in Episode 1 of 02.

Nagatem

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That the 7 great demon lords are actually the good guys and are simply labeled evil by Yggdrasil and the royal knights ,and simply pretend to be evil to cover their tracks

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Lmao

I mean tbf, Lucemon wanted to remove fighting spirit or whatever. he wanted to have world peace where no one would ever fight and everyone would be friends. Yggy McSwiggy laughed at him and sent him to the Dark Area - and some of the other Demon Lords (in their angel forms) tried to help Lucemon achieve this and were sent to the Dark Area as well and they all became Demons together - so it's not too far off honestly. They wanted peace and God laughed in their faces and turned them evil and now they're basically just evil to get revenge on Yggy

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
.... What's this? Some kind of revenge isekai world manga? Then what about Bancho group and Olympian Twelve?