What are your Digimon headcanons?

Yamato-san

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Since that part of the thread was revived, I couldn't help noticing this old post.

I could agree with the plot having been changed significantly since the idea was conceived. I do wish we knew more from behind the scenes regarding when certain ideas came about. Though for another idea on what you mentioned, there's also the whole thing where MagnaGarurumon, EmperorGreymon, and Susanoomon bear less resemblance to the Spirits or to the Ancient Digimon. Flamon -> Agunimon + BurningGreymon -> Aldamon -> AncientGreymon is a decently logical progression, as is Strabimon -> Lobomon + KendoGarurumon -> Beowolfmon -> AncientGarurumon. The other three seem like they may have been added in from the initial idea. The whole show seemed to change a bit around that point, but that could just be my subjectivity.
Putting aside the whole bit about Kaiser, Magna, and Susanoo (another post not long after already corrects this by pointing out the fusion of other elemental Spirits), I did take another look at the Ancient Digimon and the fusion Hybrids. Aside from the ever-present anomaly that is DaiPenmon, it does seem as though fusion Hybrids could believably evolve into the Ancients (and if the "evil" Hybrids were to get fusion forms, maybe they'd combine traits of the Human and Beast forms..... though not as lazily as Aldamon and Beowulfmon.... while also looking like a potential lead-in to their Ancient forms). However, there's one thing bugging me about this: the profiles for all the fused Hybrids state that they've "transcended legend", suggesting that, rather than working as a go-between from the split Human and Beast to the restored Ancient, the reason THIS fusion of the Human and Beast Spirit doesn't resemble the Ancient Digimon that they split off from is because they combined in a way that's seemingly more refined and stronger than their original.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You don't remember correctly, I'm afraid. In Battle Spirit Frontier everyone was able to switch between their Human and Beast Hybrid forms and had a super special attack where they transform into or summon (the transition makes it kind of ambigious) their respective ancient warrior. Then there were special versions of Agnimon and Wolfmon who had KaiserGreymon and MagnaGarurumon instead of their beasts spirits and both used Susanoomon as their super special attack. All hybrid forms were skipped. (I would have loved playing as DaiPenmon though lol)
I would have really enjoyed those. Plus they could have added in the other Spirits. That would have also been fun. ...But they could have had to do A-Hybrids for them... Maybe just playable Duskmon?

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The frontier digivice vpets had stuff like daipenmon and jetsilphymon
Argh, I missed digivice part of the post so I thought it was about the battle spirit game (never heard of the digivices being referred to simply as games lol)
Still, the presence of additional evolutions in those types of toys doesn't mean that they were ever actually planned to all be be in the anime. Just like the D-3 contained basically all combinations of digimentals and armor evolutions for all the partners when most of there clearly was no place for 90% of them in the show itself.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Argh, I missed digivice part of the post so I thought it was about the battle spirit game (never heard of the digivices being referred to simply as games lol)
Still, the presence of additional evolutions in those types of toys doesn't mean that they were ever actually planned to all be be in the anime. Just like the D-3 contained basically all combinations of digimentals and armor evolutions for all the partners when most of there clearly was no place for 90% of them in the show itself.
Habu actually stated that the vpets are games before

spoiler tagging due to size of image
anyway yeah, its a shame that the digivices always have all this shit but the anime doesnt. the 02 ones had you jogressing a second time to get megas and pretty much explains how shakkoumon ended up with vikemon (shakkoumon+zudomon jogress is what it debuted as)

and it does seem like some of the other armors were prob supposed to appear - it would be weird for bandai to make 50 armors and then... not really use 98% of them.

NTDum2

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There was potential, but lets be honests if Zoe, J.P. and Tomoki didnt get them by episodes 25-27, then they most likely wouldnt get them in the future and thats what happened, there were simply more things going on after that where their characters didnt have as much focus anymore, but in my headcanon they unlocked theirs, in those episodes.

GoldenEXP

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
and it does seem like some of the other armors were prob supposed to appear - it would be weird for bandai to make 50 armors and then... not really use 98% of them.
Specially Pucchiemon Green or like... Literally any of the Kindness digimental armor
I wonder if that Drama CD where they use the wrong digimentals came from a scrapped episode idea
I remember the PS1 card game gave Tailmon and Patamon a second armor form, but that was just to make it equal to the other partners

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Don't forget the two Armor forms Wormmon got in that game, Shadramon and Coatlmon.

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Legend Arms Sus List (Digimon who turn into weapons and might have a connection to the Legend Arms):

Omegamon: Sword
Ouryumon: Sword
CresGarurumon: Sword
Caturamon: Mallet

if you come across any more for this list please let me know!
--
Vulcanusmon - does the god of smithery have anything to do with the creation of some Legend Arms? Apparently Vulcanusmon is the creator of most well-known weapons in the Digital World

Last edited:

SuperStarlite

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If I remember correctly, everyone of the good chosen ones in the digivice frontier game, had all hybrid evolutions (there was even a hybrid spirit for the darkness element which Koichi could perform in game), but the anime for some reason, cut off all these hybrid spirit forms and kept only the fire and Light ones, maybe the budget had something to do with it?
You don't remember correctly, I'm afraid. In Battle Spirit Frontier everyone was able to switch between their Human and Beast Hybrid forms and had a super special attack where they transform into or summon (the transition makes it kind of ambigious) their respective ancient warrior. Then there were special versions of Agnimon and Wolfmon who had KaiserGreymon and MagnaGarurumon instead of their beasts spirits and both used Susanoomon as their super special attack. All hybrid forms were skipped. (I would have loved playing as DaiPenmon though lol)
To be fair, the Ancient warriors of Fire, Light, and Darkness are formed from the parts leftover from the Hybrid.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Legend Arms Sus List (Digimon who turn into weapons and might have a connection to the Legend Arms):

Omegamon: Sword
Ouryumon: Sword
CresGarurumon: Sword
Caturamon: Mallet

if you come across any more for this list please let me know!
--
Vulcanusmon - does the god of smithery have anything to do with the creation of some Legend Arms? Apparently Vulcanusmon is the creator of most well-known weapons in the Digital World
I think I suspect Caturamon transforming into a mallet might have famous weapon that grants wishes or alter any sizes? I don't remember the name.

Vulcanusmon being the creator of Legend Arms is something awesome but personally I prefer Legend Arms were birthed from the internet/digital world separately as they are waiting for a "true Knight" to wield to pull out them out of their stones or whatever that is.

My headcanon about Legend Arms: Unlike Omegamon to Caturamon whose transformed into weapons to wield because they aren't based on famous weapons or wielders. Legend Arm weapons only have overpowering abilities and extreme powers enough to slice without fail or able to shield at much larger area because they were birthed from the famous tales that able to transform into normal Digimon form/Weapon mode however I really have important question. What if there is a person that is really chuunibyou who dreamt OP weapon that is really exaggerated? Will it end up being part of real Legend Arm? Or what about famous "items" rather than weapons? Like... Holy Grail or Treasures? Haha I hope Legend Arms get some explanations one day. Or one headcanon about Legend Arms are no different from Yugioh's "Artifact" monsters for better example.

VampireAngemon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Headcanon: Digimon World 2, DW3 and all Story games happens in a similar set of universes (or even in the same if you're willing to contrive some things) where humans are making their passover and migration onto the DW.

Anyone would like to try to get them in order if they would be consecutive chronologically?

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Headcanon: Digimon World 2, DW3 and all Story games happens in a similar set of universes (or even in the same if you're willing to contrive some things) where humans are making their passover and migration onto the DW.

Anyone would like to try to get them in order if they would be consecutive chronologically?
Apparently the original Digimon World and Next Order are connected due to having the same antagonist so there's already a link there, but I'd be curious to see how the universes of the other games would connect to them as well.

If anything, I could see those two and Re:Digitize (along with Digimon World 3) actually fitting in the Tamers universe where it's also already a card game to begin with, so Digimon being turned into an online game shouldn't be that far-fetched.

A rough chronology that includes everything though might look something like this:
  1. Experiments with artificial intelligence lead to the beginnings of the Digital World along with lifeforms that evolve into Digimon (basically what the Monster Makers did in Tamers)
  2. Hackers further contribute to the creation of Digimon by creating evolving AI programs that are used for various purposes throughout cyberspace. A relatively small number of people are aware of the existence of Digimon at this point (Cyber Sleuth)
  3. A framed Keisuke works to clear his name (Hacker's Memory)
  4. Over time a card game is created based on these creatures along with V-pets. After his device starts acting up, Mameo is transported to the Digital World and defeats Analogman (Digimon World)
  5. Some years later, more kids meet the Digimon partners they used to battle with, eventually thwart Analogman's plans once again with the help of an older Mameo (Next Order)
  6. The first attempt at an online VR game about Digimon is created, though things go awry for Atsushi and his friends (Digimon World 3)
  7. By now 13 years have passed since Mameo first went to the Digital World. Even at this point in time, most people still don't know that Digimon is more than just a game. A successor MMORPG has been developed, though Taiga quickly finds out it is all very real (Re: Digitize/Decode)
  8. Sometime in the far future, humans start travelling to the Digital World with increasing frequency and eventually staying there, though not without conflict due to mistrust on the part of the native inhabitants. A peaceful coexistence between both species is reached at some point. Akira aspires to become a Guard Tamer (Digimon World 2)
If you really had to shoehorn things in there while ignoring certain details to make it work, I guess you could fit all those games into one single universe.

P.S if you really wanted to have fun with this, perhaps you could even fit the events of Tamers in there somewhere between 4 and 6.

Last edited:

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Apparently the original Digimon World and Next Order are connected due to having the same antagonist so there's already a link there.
It's more than that since the nameless hero of DW literally shows up to act as a mentor of sorts to the next-generation of Chosen Children in Next Order.
Analogman thows quite a hissy fit when he realises that his plans have been foiled by the same kid, well he's an adult now but whatever.

e105zeta

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digimon reproduce like Orks from Warhammer: when they die, in addition to reincarnating as a DigiTama, the excess pixels they release can accumulate their own data - enough to become DigiTama themselves.

The higher the stage at death, the more pixels they release.

This accounts for their drive to fight, the increases in population we know can happen from Chronicle, and why some Reference Book entries like the Ancients refer to having multiple Digimon inherit their traits.

McGann

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@e105zeta I've always liked that idea too.
It'd be cool if a series used it as a plot point some time.

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digimon reproduce like Orks from Warhammer: when they die, in addition to reincarnating as a DigiTama, the excess pixels they release can accumulate their own data - enough to become DigiTama themselves.

The higher the stage at death, the more pixels they release.

This accounts for their drive to fight, the increases in population we know can happen from Chronicle, and why some Reference Book entries like the Ancients refer to having multiple Digimon inherit their traits.
whoa hold up
this is hecking genius
I am genuinely shocked this has never crossed my mind because it just works and makes a ton of sense

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mean, it’s always been implied through official profiles that Digimon can spontaneously be created from random data. So if a Digimon dies, its excess scattered data totally could become another Digimon in the future.

Dragonman-82

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In my head canon digimon have both a racial and an individual memory. So every Devimon has a racial memory of once being an angel like digimon even if they digivoled from an Impmon.

IamTheSovereign

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The mountain that BanchoLeomon, and later Craniamon and the Royal Knights, held up to protect the Human and Digital Worlds from colliding was later named Infinity Mountain, in reference to the infinite bravery shown by these Digimon. Of course, Gotsumon suggested the name Spiral Mountain, in reference to how life everywhere very nearly "spiraled out of control" to its end, but this was shot down for sounding too negative.

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
artificial parts to Digimon have seperate thresholds before deletions than the rest of a Digimon. This is the only headcanon I can think of where we can see parts of dead mechanical Digimon (Digimon Adventure "Lilimon Blooms", Pendulum Z Folder Continent Report #10 - Metal Empire) but also see mechanical Digimon destroyed into data while leaving no parts in the same media