What are your Digimon headcanons?

SnowAgumonGemini

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am not sure if anyone has mentioned this already, but my headcanon is that the Royal Knight Omegamon was originally Imperialdramon Paladin Mode's very own blade. After its master's disappearance, it took a form of its own and became a Digimon. Paladin himself might have already planned about this in case something happened to him.
I like this idea. It differentiates it from the Adventures and Cyber Sleuth Omegamon (well any partner jogressed versions) and that would make the Royal Knight be a distinct Digimon lore-wise as more of a Legend-Arms Type.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I never imagined Omega Blade being Legend Arms because it didn't have transformable parts. But that'd be interesting headcanon theory.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The reference book doesn't really support that, since it states it's formed from WGmon and MGmon and the RKs exist due to the null canon. So that's not something really supportable from the null canon of the actual profiles that set up the RKs as a group

Lord Bearmon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The reference book doesn't really support that, since it states it's formed from WGmon and MGmon and the RKs exist due to the null canon. So that's not something really supportable from the null canon of the actual profiles that set up the RKs as a group
I'd like to remind you that this is a headcanon thread
Anyway, I also like the idea of RK's Omegamon being Imperialdramon's sword, makes a nice opposite of Alphamon's Ouryuken.

Lord_of_the_Dude

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I never imagined Omega Blade being Legend Arms because it didn't have transformable parts. But that'd be interesting headcanon theory.
Well, the hilt of Omega Blade looks like Omegamon's lower body/crotch plate lol And maybe WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon DNA or DigiCores are also parts of the reason the blade became a sentient being. So perhaps in the past, WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon originally could not jogress into Omegamon until Paladin decided to turn Omega Blade into the white knight Digimon we all know and love.

Anyway, I also like the idea of RK's Omegamon being Imperialdramon's sword, makes a nice opposite of Alphamon's Ouryuken.
I knew right? Owryumon is Alphamon's greatest weapon despite not being a Royal Knight member.In contrast, Omegamon is a Royal Knight member despite his master not being one.

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@Muur how can I tell null canon from up to date canon? Not asking to invalidate what you said, just genuinely curious

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
yeah but headcanons are supposed to be about things that havent been explained and what not. like, something similar would be to go "metaletemon is the secret 14th member of the royal knights" or "platinumnumemon is the secret leader of the olmypos".

what was stated is that omnimon originated as a sword and then magically became a digimon, but the official profiles do not support this.

@Muur how can I tell null canon from up to date canon? Not asking to invalidate what you said, just genuinely curious
basically just the DRB, as theyre the official profiles.

the games, anime etc then choose what to do with it.

the DRB sets up who the 13 Rks are, then the other media tells stories about them. the lore of them already exists, so thats something that isnt changed. we wont see a game go "actually instead of gallantmon, princemamemon is a royal knight in our game and gallantmon doesnt exist.". null canon means "primary", as in, the official profiles. they set the story up and then everything else goes from there.

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Shenzhou (from the cancelled Legendary Skies manhua) exists somewhere in time and space as a Digital World of another dimension, with elements of Chinese folklore. This is a realm rooted in fantasy much like Witchelny, though instead of magic the inhabitants have powers based on the concept of qi... whether they be ordinary citizens, gods, demons or spirits. I imagine the setting would be akin to what medieval China used to look like - perhaps drawing inspiration for its mythology from tales such as the Water Margin, Romance of the Three Kingdoms etc.

e105zeta

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Shenzhou (from the cancelled Legendary Skies manhua) exists somewhere in time and space as a Digital World of another dimension, with elements of Chinese folklore. This is a realm rooted in fantasy much like Witchelny, though instead of magic the inhabitants have powers based on the concept of qi... whether they be ordinary citizens, gods, demons or spirits. I imagine the setting would be akin to what medieval China used to look like - perhaps drawing inspiration for its mythology from tales such as the Water Margin, Romance of the Three Kingdoms etc.
Shenzhou fits perfectly into the nucanon - the one where Digimon are spirits that just interact more with humans after computers were invented.

My own personal canon in regard to names: in the old canon (where digimon were digital programs that took on the form of the data they ate, creating living programs that resembled mythology, animals, and human objects) the MON in their names is a file extension like EXE.

And in the new canon, the MON is an honorific like san, han, or sama. So Lucemon’s name could be either Lucifer or Lucemon, the latter of which is considered more polite.

Last edited:

McGann

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In Adventure: the Digivice protects the Tamers from damage from both their partner and the enemies when they're riding them.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In Adventure: the Digivice protects the Tamers from damage from both their partner and the enemies when they're riding them.
I saw something interesting similar to that, where like Persona 5 - they don't take damage because they *think* they wont take damage.

I'd say it's more likely that they're technically Digimon when in the DW though. Remember Machinedramon slammed Sora into a wall like 15 times in Tri and she was fine. Doesn't make them immortal though as Daigo showed

Lord Bearmon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I saw something interesting similar to that, where like Persona 5 - they don't take damage because they *think* they wont take damage.

I'd say it's more likely that they're technically Digimon when in the DW though. Remember Machinedramon slammed Sora into a wall like 15 times in Tri and she was fine. Doesn't make them immortal though as Daigo showed
Well Sora had a Digivice while Daigo didn't

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Shenzhou fits perfectly into the nucanon - the one where Digimon are spirits that just interact more with humans after computers were invented.
Pretty much - all that's missing is for Bandai to come out with a V-pet depicting digital entities who utilize qi and it would fit right into the Multiverse.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
RagnaLordmon is Isekai planewalker? After all he was born of jogress in... Higher plane.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Most of the main characters in the anime and some of the games are on their way to getting Numemons because they don't fight in Rookie enough and as such will fail to get the requirements needed once its time to *naturally* evolve to Champion instead of cheating with a digivice.

anyone higher than champion will be something like platinumnumemon or blackkingnumemon

VampireAngemon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Isn't the winning percentage only affecting evolutions to LV 5 and higher? IIRC (and going by the vpets and h.c.) childs evolve by caring and training (or card sacrifice/tapping/whatever), and adults got capped if they don't reach the requirements.

The Krookodile Hunter

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm starting to think that Leomon dying all the time has become a joke for the Digimon writers. He's literally the Kenny of the franchise.

NTDum2

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wasn't sure if I should turn this into a seperate thread. I have a theory about the writing behind Frontiers. There were a lot of concepts that seemed unrealized, but it's just speculation without much evidence at all so I thought I'd post it here instead. First there was something that was talked about a lot before. There were 4 kids protected by an Angemon who has tshirts that matched the evil spirits. So the theory is that they were originally planned to get uncorrupted or even the regular version of those spirits.

But I also have a theory that the Hybrid Spirits were a last minute addition to sell the concept of partswapping/armour swapping toysand we were originally going to see the Ancient Digimon as the final forms. They were foreshadowed but we never saw most of them. The main character's Ancient forms weren't seen until a movie. In a show focusing on the not Agumon and not Garurumon it seems bizarre that they would omit those two in the series.

If you take a look at Aldamon and Beowolfmon from a design stand point they're really lazy. If you watch all the evolution scenes back to back you realize how little storyboarding and thought went into those. Compare just a regular evolution with a hybrid evolution. They just spin and the spirit appears. There's so much more going on with every single other evolution.

The Ancient Digimon actually had different bodytypes but were both comprised of the same parts. That's what the Ancient Digimon toys did too but they managed to change their bodytypes. It feels very half assed.

There's no proof and it's probably full of holes but that's why it's just headcanon.
If I remember correctly, everyone of the good chosen ones in the digivice frontier game, had all hybrid evolutions (there was even a hybrid spirit for the darkness element which Koichi could perform in game), but the anime for some reason, cut off all these hybrid spirit forms and kept only the fire and Light ones, maybe the budget had something to do with it?

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If I remember correctly, everyone of the good chosen ones in the digivice frontier game, had all hybrid evolutions (there was even a hybrid spirit for the darkness element which Koichi could perform in game), but the anime for some reason, cut off all these hybrid spirit forms and kept only the fire and Light ones, maybe the budget had something to do with it?
You don't remember correctly, I'm afraid. In Battle Spirit Frontier everyone was able to switch between their Human and Beast Hybrid forms and had a super special attack where they transform into or summon (the transition makes it kind of ambigious) their respective ancient warrior. Then there were special versions of Agnimon and Wolfmon who had KaiserGreymon and MagnaGarurumon instead of their beasts spirits and both used Susanoomon as their super special attack. All hybrid forms were skipped. (I would have loved playing as DaiPenmon though lol)

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You don't remember correctly, I'm afraid. In Battle Spirit Frontier everyone was able to switch between their Human and Beast Hybrid forms and had a super special attack where they transform into or summon (the transition makes it kind of ambigious) their respective ancient warrior. Then there were special versions of Agnimon and Wolfmon who had KaiserGreymon and MagnaGarurumon instead of their beasts spirits and both used Susanoomon as their super special attack. All hybrid forms were skipped. (I would have loved playing as DaiPenmon though lol)
The frontier digivice vpets had stuff like daipenmon and jetsilphymon