What are your Digimon headcanons?

Yamato-san

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Come to think of it, aside from Examon, Hacker's Memory also kinda retconned Alphamon. In Cyber Sleuth, Alphamon was able to use the Ouryuken despite being in the regular form. Come Hacker's Memory, however, Alphamon was given its Ouryuken form as a separate Digimon, and firmly establishing said form as being a Super Ultimate (which seems rather fitting for what's supposed to be the Royal Knights' phantom leader).

Looks like it's all the obvious ones, like direct evolutions and fusions. Belphemon RM and Lucemon SM are a bit of a surprise, though I think Cyber Sleuth put them in that level too? Like I said, the whole thing is screwy.
Lucemon SM is at least consistent with base Lucemon at skipping levels. (Rookie -> Ultimate -> Ultra).

Gallantmon CM has about as much reason to be Ultra as Belphemon RM. Neither should be really when theyre both mode changes, but oh well. Could prob say the same for Paladin Mode, but I guess he makes sense as one due to gaining the power of one.
Crimson Mode doesn't really surprise me. Aside from being a straight upgrade from Dukemon, it's been pretty constantly portrayed as among the strongest Digimon in the franchise, often as Omegamon's equal. I recall the box to the Wonderswan card game, and I think one of the actual booster sets, portrayed the two as squaring off against eachother. Speaking of cards, it was also one of the first Digimon to have an attack power exceeding 1000.

And yeah, Satan Mode makes sense, both for the reasons you mentioned and for being an absolute beast that even exceeds the other Seven Great Demon Lords in strength (one of which it evolves from). I think the only real surprise that came out of Cyber Sleuth was Rage Mode..... maybe it makes sense in that Sleep Mode is, fittingly, the true embodiment of Sloth, while RM is a super-powered, enraged form that cast away the sin it represents to gain greater power in return. And from a marketing perspective, I guess Sloth was the last of the Demon Lords to be revealed for a reason: they wanted to use the sleeping/awakening gimmick to emphasize Belphemon having a Mode Change form that surpasses all the other Demon Lords.

Incidentally, I think the Seven Great Demon Lords' X-Antibody forms might all be contenders for the Super Ultimate level. Usually, I'd say that an X-Antibody is the same level as their standard counterpart, and despite what the flavor text says, the X "upgrade" is really just a trade-off Slide Evolution, stronger in some areas while weaker in others, or at most, it's just a stronger version that still fits within the respective level (kinda like the Burst Modes in Cyber Sleuth). The SGDL might be the exception, however. They were already pretty high-tier Ultimates, but now it sounds like gaining the X-Antibody has made them reach their pinnacle, becoming the perfected avatar of their respective sins. But like Omegamon Merciful Mode, the existence of Ogudomon X might muddy this up a bit..... then again, Ogudomon X could work as an equivalent Slide Evolution to regular Ogudomon (or an evolution of Diablomon X if the V-pet's any indication), but not a fusion of the Demon Lords in their X forms.

Not sure if the X-Antibody forms of the Royal Knights bring them all up to Super Ultimate, or if they're all just Slide Evolutions (JesmonGX most definitely seems like it'd be a Super Ultimate, though). And while it's never been made official, I think other contenders for the Super Ultimate level include the aforementioned Ogudomon, UltimateChaosmon, Huanglongmon, MoonMillenniumon, ZeedMillenniumon, Death-Xmon, and some of the more recently-introduced fusions (Ordinemon, GraceNovamon, Rafflesimon, and RagnaLordmon if I recall all of them correctly). MAYBE BelialVamdemon, but I get the feeling it'd just get the Chaosdramon treatment: it evolves from VenomVamdemon, but still falls short of being a Super Ultimate (being the last boss for an anime series is certainly a plus, but I don't recall the franchise playing it up to be this top-tier threat ever since).

Lhikan634

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My general thought (and my own take on the headcanon) is that Super Ultimate / Ultra requires at least the combined power of 2 Megas (derived through one means or another). It's so rare a stage that most systems of classifications within Digimon biology don't even consider it or, alternatively, don't agree on the exact division (I mean, similar issues occur in biology on the distinction, and definition, or species). So perhaps some Digimon biologists still consider that a true "Super Ultimate" or "Ultra" Digimon is still merely hypothetical and not a realized fact. As far as power levels, things may be a bit interesting. Whatever scale the old Hyper Colosseum TCG used was very linear (using first appearances for comparison within the Agumon line). But what if it isn't really a linear relation? What if these units are intended to be an easy way to represent a logarithmic scale (that is, the numbers being presented would actually be the exponents of an unstated base)? It's already used in various areas of computing and science to simplify large systems (if you haven't seen it, compare to the logarithmic scale model of the solar system, including every known object). Then, the classification of levels would essentially run under a logarithmic scale based on power levels, maybe within 3 standard deviations (enough that there can be some overlap at each level's extrema for outliers like "junk digivolutions").

Regarding Susanoomon, the above explanation is incorrect. He isn't exactly the combination of 10 Megas, he's the combination of the 20 Spirits. Additionally, Susanoomon can be formed through the fusion of just AncientGreymon and AncientGarurumon and doesn't require all 10. In fact, Susanoomon is never formed through all 10 Ancient Digimon, with the max ever being 5 in the Xros Wars game (and that whole series doesn't line up with a level system anyway so may instead use more of an additive system for some reason…). We should also remember that the two Transcendent / Unified Hybrids (KaiserGreymon, MagnaGarurumon) are considered Mega equivalents themselves. So directly, Susanoomon would be the combination of two Megas (and again, those are level equivalents - presumably, they shouldn't plot as neatly on a logarithmic scale). But it would plot similarly if we were to consider that no additional digivolution energy went in. We may also consider that the Fusion Hybrids (Aldamon, Beowulfmon, etc.) are also considered Mega equivalents. With 2 Spirits necessary to attain Mega equivalence, the logarithmic scale, using base 10, would predict that the next stage should require 20 Spirits. Indeed, it does. This could also be used to explain why both the Fusion Hybrids and Transcendent / Unified Hybrids are considered the same level equivalents (but also doesn't explain the Human / Beast classification - again, Hybrids don't work all that great when comparing to the level system). Also, using Susanoomon as a qualifier isn't exactly useful as there's no way to consider him an average representative, especially as his constituent Digimon themselves aren't well classified in the level system. My best thought here would be as follows (using the Ultimate / Perfect stage as the base of "1"):

• Human Hybrid: High-tier Champion equivalent. Spirit base number just below 1
• Beast Hybrid: Low-tier Ultimate (Perfect) equivalent. Spirit base number of 1
• Fusion Hybrid: High-tier Ultimate (Perfect) equivalent. Spirit base number of just below 2 (existing media: Mega equivalent)
• Transcendent Hybrid: Mega equivalent. Spirit base number of 10
• Susanoomon: Mega / Ultra equivalent. Spirit base number of 20. Additional digivolution energy is distinctly needed to reach a new tier that would be anywhere near a Spirit base number of 100. This additional energy may explain why he's actually given a level and isn't considered a Hybrid anymore.

A logarithmic scale would also explain why most mode changes aren't considered Super Ultimate / Ultra. They may be significantly above average for Megas, but even doubling in power is nowhere close to what should be expected for surpassing a Tier 6 as a Tier 7. Most Mode changes are temporary power-ups as well. This may also be used to explain why Chaosdramon isn't a Tier 7 as well. He's a slightly upgraded Machinedramon and easily reachable by numerous Ultimate (Perfect) Digimon as it is. Similar logic would accompany the majority of X-Antibody Digimon.

Furthermore, a logarithmic scale would explain the general need for Jogress or Fusion. With few exceptions (UlforceVeedramon FM, the Chronomons, Belphemon RM in certain uses, Lucemon SM in certain uses, and the Kizunas), the vast majority of Digimon ever classified as Ultra / Super Ultimate typically come about through the fusion of two Megas. And of those, I really think Belphemon RM and Lucemon SM are done in error (or done more for sake of video game programming). Regarding Gallantmon CM, it's useful to remember that he's typically the result of combining Gallantmon and Grani so isn't quite the same as other mode changes. This should make sense if power is logarithmic as the distance to the next tier is progressively further than all of the previous progress combined. Using base 10, for instance:

LevelFreshIn-trainingRookieChampionUltimateMegaUltra
Tier (#)1234567
Power10100100010,000100,0001,000,00010,000,000
∑(Power)10110111011,110111,1101,111,11011,111,110

So the need for a catalyst, in addition to personal digivolution energy, makes sense if we'd consider that a full stage increase would require that much more energy. Even two Megas summed together on their own would only be 2,000,000 of those arbitrary power units, and a single Digimon adding 9,000,000 of those units becomes fairly unfeasible. If they both Digivolve at the same time while combining, then each would contribute their own base of 1,000,000 each (2,000,000 total) and supply an additional 4,000,000 in digivolution each (8,000,000 total) to arrive at the necessary 10,000,000,000 to actually be Tier-7.

This pattern should predict a few other Ultras that just haven't appeared in media that use that designation. GraceNovamon, Rafflesimon, RagnaLordmon, and Ordinemon immediately come to mind. Huanglongmon and Ogudomon could also be candidates on the Jogress criterion though may end up as borderline cases. I don't generally consider ZeedMillenniummon to have quite reached this as he's more the full, released power of Millenniummon and makes no use of an additional catalyst. His Booster 15 premiere does place him as above Imperialdramon PM, though he's closer to the ballpark of Aldamon in Booster 16. Power creep makes good, further comparison difficult. (Perhaps we could suggest that, in-universe, "power creep" is in part due to Digimon scientists perpetually re-defining their power units.)

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Merci Mode, Alter-B, Alter-S, Zwart Defeat, Bond of Courage, and Bond of Friendship gained it from ReArise. Omnimon X would presumably be listed as one as well (it has yet to do so in Japanese, but *has* been listed as such on an English exclusive card. It was the same with Susanoomon until HM. I don't think it was stated to be SU/Ultra before that in Japanese).

Every Ultra/SU in Hackers Memory carried over to ReArise - so it would appear they are trying to be consistent with who is considered to be one.
Wha? How come that Omegamon Zwart D got Ultra level? I was under impression he'd have "Berserker" stats due to having "Defeat". Another new digimon logic I see....

Imperialdramon Paladin Mode really need Ultra level... Like seriously.

Guys what do you say about this Voltobautamon? All your personal headcanons on him? Equal to GranDracmon? Ultra level? Or what?

SGDL with Antibodies X only have one extreme powerful abilities to match their sins but they are still normal Ultimate levels with increased stats basically in my view.

Huanglongmon needs more appearances to give us more info.

I believe GraceNovamon's level is simply beyond Ultra. In my headcanon, it needs a new name....

Lord Bearmon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wha? How come that Omegamon Zwart D got Ultra level? I was under impression he'd have "Berserker" stats due to having "Defeat". Another new digimon logic I see....

Imperialdramon Paladin Mode really need Ultra level... Like seriously.
The post above it has a more complete list.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Come to think of it, aside from Examon, Hacker's Memory also kinda retconned Alphamon. In Cyber Sleuth, Alphamon was able to use the Ouryuken despite being in the regular form. Come Hacker's Memory, however, Alphamon was given its Ouryuken form as a separate Digimon, and firmly establishing said form as being a Super Ultimate (which seems rather fitting for what's supposed to be the Royal Knights' phantom leader).

Looks like it's all the obvious ones, like direct evolutions and fusions. Belphemon RM and Lucemon SM are a bit of a surprise, though I think Cyber Sleuth put them in that level too? Like I said, the whole thing is screwy.
Lucemon SM is at least consistent with base Lucemon at skipping levels. (Rookie -> Ultimate -> Ultra).

Gallantmon CM has about as much reason to be Ultra as Belphemon RM. Neither should be really when theyre both mode changes, but oh well. Could prob say the same for Paladin Mode, but I guess he makes sense as one due to gaining the power of one.
Crimson Mode doesn't really surprise me. Aside from being a straight upgrade from Dukemon, it's been pretty constantly portrayed as among the strongest Digimon in the franchise, often as Omegamon's equal. I recall the box to the Wonderswan card game, and I think one of the actual booster sets, portrayed the two as squaring off against eachother. Speaking of cards, it was also one of the first Digimon to have an attack power exceeding 1000.

And yeah, Satan Mode makes sense, both for the reasons you mentioned and for being an absolute beast that even exceeds the other Seven Great Demon Lords in strength (one of which it evolves from). I think the only real surprise that came out of Cyber Sleuth was Rage Mode..... maybe it makes sense in that Sleep Mode is, fittingly, the true embodiment of Sloth, while RM is a super-powered, enraged form that cast away the sin it represents to gain greater power in return. And from a marketing perspective, I guess Sloth was the last of the Demon Lords to be revealed for a reason: they wanted to use the sleeping/awakening gimmick to emphasize Belphemon having a Mode Change form that surpasses all the other Demon Lords.

Incidentally, I think the Seven Great Demon Lords' X-Antibody forms might all be contenders for the Super Ultimate level. Usually, I'd say that an X-Antibody is the same level as their standard counterpart, and despite what the flavor text says, the X "upgrade" is really just a trade-off Slide Evolution, stronger in some areas while weaker in others, or at most, it's just a stronger version that still fits within the respective level (kinda like the Burst Modes in Cyber Sleuth). The SGDL might be the exception, however. They were already pretty high-tier Ultimates, but now it sounds like gaining the X-Antibody has made them reach their pinnacle, becoming the perfected avatar of their respective sins. But like Omegamon Merciful Mode, the existence of Ogudomon X might muddy this up a bit..... then again, Ogudomon X could work as an equivalent Slide Evolution to regular Ogudomon (or an evolution of Diablomon X if the V-pet's any indication), but not a fusion of the Demon Lords in their X forms.

Not sure if the X-Antibody forms of the Royal Knights bring them all up to Super Ultimate, or if they're all just Slide Evolutions (JesmonGX most definitely seems like it'd be a Super Ultimate, though). And while it's never been made official, I think other contenders for the Super Ultimate level include the aforementioned Ogudomon, UltimateChaosmon, Huanglongmon, MoonMillenniumon, ZeedMillenniumon, Death-Xmon, and some of the more recently-introduced fusions (Ordinemon, GraceNovamon, Rafflesimon, and RagnaLordmon if I recall all of them correctly). MAYBE BelialVamdemon, but I get the feeling it'd just get the Chaosdramon treatment: it evolves from VenomVamdemon, but still falls short of being a Super Ultimate (being the last boss for an anime series is certainly a plus, but I don't recall the franchise playing it up to be this top-tier threat ever since).
VenomMyotismon isn't, he's a regular mega in Rearise.

Your demon lord comment is an interesting one. Lore wise daemon x fits as his entire goal was to become ultra by using the antibody.

I would prob only choose GX for ultra tho from the knight and demons, not counting those that already are.

Incidentally I think they should add Cloaked Daemon as a mega then retcon the pissed off one to ultra.

Also in regards to the other post Rage being ultra wasn't cus of programming. There are Megas from Megas in the game. They chose to make him ultra. In next order he's even one of the special Megas that can evolve from Megas in next order.

Boltboutamon should be ultra. He was ridiculously over powered in the story. Defeated all demon lords, the protagonist, and alter-b.

Last edited:

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not a fan of the overall retconny way recent games have been throwing out Super Ultimates left and right especially in cases like Omegamon.
I mean back in the day, when Arkadimon was confirmed to be the first Super Ultimate candidate, it was able to wipe the floor with Omegamon repeatedly before it even reached it. Same with Armagemon one-shotting him in movie 4, Ordinemon overpowering him in tri, and in a more roundabout way him being swatted around by Death-X-DORUgoramon and Death-X-mon in X-Evolution, while not even coming close to Alphamon, let alone Ouryuken.
Confirmed Super Ultimate or not, they had pretty conclusively proven that another level of power was in play now, and that for that next generation of heavyweights decimating some of the previous top tier Ultimates like Omegamon was basically a right of initiation.
But then Omegamon is suddenly the best and powerful again, whenever they feel like he should be. I don't think the notion of power creep is inherently inconsistent on its own, but their attempts to retcon it definitely are and that kind of inconsistency kind of devalues the label of Super Ultimate as a whole (another reason for most of the franchise not to count it, I guess).

But I guess that's the way it is now... and in that case, why not go further? For example I think if the games want continue to handing out "Super Ultimate" like cotton candy and the likes of Examon, Omegamon and Dukemon CM merit the classification they should have made the Burst Modes Super Ultimates as well. Their profiles pretty much echo the description of Crimson Mode as a temporary release of their true potential, they are of comparable strength in things like the CGA (plus none of Crimson Mode's powers have been described as Solar or Planetary class) and it would be consistent with Belphemon RM's Super Ultimate Status, since it would make sense that the Digimon shown capable of defeating him would be Super Ultimate as well.

a logarithmic scale would explain the general need for Jogress or Fusion. With few exceptions (UlforceVeedramon FM, the Chronomons, Belphemon RM in certain uses, Lucemon SM in certain uses, and the Kizunas), the vast majority of Digimon ever classified as Ultra / Super Ultimate typically come about through the fusion of two Megas. And of those, I really think Belphemon RM and Lucemon SM are done in error (or done more for sake of video game programming). Regarding Gallantmon CM, it's useful to remember that he's typically the result of combining Gallantmon and Grani so isn't quite the same as other mode changes. This should make sense if power is logarithmic as the distance to the next tier is progressively further than all of the previous progress combined.
I feel that is weirdly dismissive towards the original three species of Super Ultimates, just pushing them aside as "except those guys" to make the newer entries work "cleaner". Like trying to define what a frog is and amending the definition with more and more qualifiers until you arrive at a point where frogs themselves are weird edge cases in regards to "being a frog".
I think if there really was a conscious attempt going on to normalize the system like this via this sort of Fusion requirement, then they recently had a great chance for that in Hacker's Memory when they featured Arkadimon SU for the first time in like 15 years, they could have easily turned it into a "proper" fused Super Ultimate to make that point, but they left it as a "normal" evolution.

I also disagree on the overall premise that a Digimon's level can be definitely measured by strength, that kind of misses the point of the static nature of the evolution system, e.g. Level b Digimon are level b essential because the evolve from level a and continue to level c.

So the need for a catalyst, in addition to personal digivolution energy, makes sense if we'd consider that a full stage increase would require that much more energy. Even two Megas summed together on their own would only be 2,000,000 of those arbitrary power units, and a single Digimon adding 9,000,000 of those units becomes fairly unfeasible. If they both Digivolve at the same time while combining, then each would contribute their own base of 1,000,000 each (2,000,000 total) and supply an additional 4,000,000 in digivolution each (8,000,000 total) to arrive at the necessary 10,000,000,000 to actually be Tier-7.
If the argument is based on "No Ultimate Digimon with a base energy of 'only' 1,000,000 could feasibly make it to the 10,000,000 required for Super Ultimate on its own", Does that not disprove the existence of non-jogress Adult evolutions as well? I mean how would a puny Child level Digimon with an energy of 1000 make it to the 10,000 required for the Adult level on its own? both Evolutions (in fact all of them) require the base Digimon in question to pull nine times his inherent energy out of nowhere but it never actually poses a problem to them except in the case of Super Ultimates.

Yamato-san

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
VenomMyotismon isn't, he's a regular mega in Rearise.
I was referring to BelialVamdemon, not VenomVamdemon, but I'm guessing you meant to say the former since it's apparently in Re:Arise too. I pointed out Belial as being a "maybe" Super Ultimate because the franchise can never seem to decide whether it's an evolution of VenomVamdemon, or just an alternate evolution of Vamdemon. But like I said, even if it did evolve from Venom, I think Chaosdramon has proven to us that it's still capable of evolving from another Ultimate yet falling short of that Super Ultimate level.

Your demon lord comment is an interesting one. Lore wise daemon x fits as his entire goal was to become ultra by using the antibody.
Well, aside from Demon X, there's also Belphemon X, who seems to more resemble its Rage Mode (which is a confirmed Super Ultimate). But really, my logic is that if all the X-Antibody Demon Lords debuted at the same time (aside from Beelzebumon X), and at least two already seem to almost definitely be Super Ultimate, why not just make them all be pretty much equals in the power tier? That's why I suggested the possibility that they're all pretty much the perfected avatar of their respective sins.

Incidentally I think they should add Cloaked Daemon as a mega then retcon the pissed off one to ultra.
Not sure how that would work, since "pissed off" Demon already has a Super Ultimate form of his own. I wouldn't mind the cloaked Demon coming back as an alternative form or Mode Change, though.

Not a fan of the overall retconny way recent games have been throwing out Super Ultimates left and right especially in cases like Omegamon.
I mean back in the day, when Arkadimon was confirmed to be the first Super Ultimate candidate, it was able to wipe the floor with Omegamon repeatedly before it even reached it. Same with Armagemon one-shotting him in movie 4, Ordinemon overpowering him in tri, and in a more roundabout way him being swatted around by Death-X-DORUgoramon and Death-X-mon in X-Evolution, while not even coming close to Alphamon, let alone Ouryuken.
Confirmed Super Ultimate or not, they had pretty conclusively proven that another level of power was in play now, and that for that next generation of heavyweights decimating some of the previous top tier Ultimates like Omegamon was basically a right of initiation.
But then Omegamon is suddenly the best and powerful again, whenever they feel like he should be. I don't think the notion of power creep is inherently inconsistent on its own, but their attempts to retcon it definitely are and that kind of inconsistency kind of devalues the label of Super Ultimate as a whole (another reason for most of the franchise not to count it, I guess).

But I guess that's the way it is now... and in that case, why not go further? For example I think if the games want continue to handing out "Super Ultimate" like cotton candy and the likes of Examon, Omegamon and Dukemon CM merit the classification they should have made the Burst Modes Super Ultimates as well. Their profiles pretty much echo the description of Crimson Mode as a temporary release of their true potential, they are of comparable strength in things like the CGA (plus none of Crimson Mode's powers have been described as Solar or Planetary class) and it would be consistent with Belphemon RM's Super Ultimate Status, since it would make sense that the Digimon shown capable of defeating him would be Super Ultimate as well.
It was hardly a retcon with recent games. As I said before, despite being upstaged by Imperialdramon Paladin Mode, Omegamon somehow came back into focus as...... well, the omega Digimon..... as far back as the Royal Knights starting to become a thing. In fact, the renewed emphasis on Omegamon may even go all the way back to Digimon Tamers: The Adventurers' Battle. It really is odd since, as you said, Omegamon was getting curbstomped left and right by other things not long after its debut, yet it somehow couldn't let go of its peak performance status in the end. But I guess if you really wanted to blame the recent games for something, it'd be for outright confirming that Omegamon's a Super Ultimate, even though Cyber Sleuth could've allowed room for it to simply be a high-grade Ultimate (especially with all the non-Super Ultimate Royal Knights having a memory requirement of 22, a touch above WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon).

Then again, maybe those curbstompings don't really matter, because the anime, as well as the manga, have long been known for making their battles seem high-stake without too concrete of logic behind it. They power level their villains like crazy, only to power level the protagonists' new evolution even crazier, and then once the whole fiasco's over, said new evolution ends up looking like just another average Digimon. As an aside, I just wanted to mention that they also need to de-emphasize whatever it took for the evolution to take place, or else it simply wouldn't be practical for the rest of the franchise (there's a reason Omegamon no longer calls for e-mails from people around the world, just like Shoutmon X7 Superior Mode in the card game doesn't require the usage of almost every Digimon in existence).

Looking at it another way, though, I wonder if Cyber Sleuth bringing the Super Ultimate stage to the forefront again helped open the door for Arkadimon to be in Hacker's Memory. Sounds like a rather silly reason, but I can't help picturing someone on the development team being like "Hey, we got Super Ultimates again...... maybe we should get Yabuno in on this."

Last edited:

e105zeta

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Personal list for f Digimon I regard as Super Ultimate, I go with a very liberal view:

Aegisdramon (originally: it was geared to be the Super Ultimate jogress of Plesiomon and Metal Seadramon but they’ve pulled back on that)
Agumon Kizuna
Alphamon Ouryuuken
Apocalymon
Armagemon
Arkadimon SU
Bagramon Darkness
Beelzebumon BM
Belial Vamdemon
Chaosdramon
Chaosmon/ Valdur Arm/Ultima
Death Xmon
Demon SU
Dukemon Crimson
Dukemon Chaos
Examon
Gabumon Kizuna
Grace Novamon
Huanglongmon
Imperialdramon PM
Jesmon GX
Junomon HM
Jupitermon WM
Lucemon SM
Millenniumon (all 3)
Burst Modes + Ruin Mode
NEO
All Omegamon
Ogudomon
Ordinemon
Quartzmon
Rafflesimon
Ragna Lordmon
Shakamon
Shoutmon x7, Superior Mode
Susanoomon
UlforceVdramon FM
Voltobautamon
Yggdrasil

I generally rank the Digimon levels by “real life” destructive potential:

Baby 1 - Actual human baby
Baby 2 - Dog sized animal
Child - Personal guns ranging from a handgun to a semi automatic rifle
Adult - A tank
Perfect - A nuclear missile
Ultimate - A god (polytheistic)
Super Ultimate - A god (Judeo Christian/Monotheistic)

Last edited:

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@e105zeta I think your Baby 2 is ranked too high. A Chihuahua or other small dog is far more accurate in my head than a normal sized canine. I would also say a sword rather than a gun for rookies unless we're talking something like Commandramon or Lucemon, of course

VampireAngemon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@e105zeta I think your Baby 2 is ranked too high. A Chihuahua or other small dog is far more accurate in my head than a normal sized canine. I would also say a sword rather than a gun for rookies unless we're talking something like Commandramon or Lucemon, of course
Are you saying that a man with an automatic gun could take on a talented but still Child digimon? On, lets say, Hikarigaoka's Agumon or Ruki's Renamon? I SERIOUSLY doubt so.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Are you saying that a man with an automatic gun could take on a talented but still Child digimon? On, lets say, Hikarigaoka's Agumon or Ruki's Renamon? I SERIOUSLY doubt so.
Maki and daigo killed a lot of Digimon with bazookas and only asked for help when champions showed up so rookies are killable with human guns

e105zeta

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Kind of the opposite- a guy with an assault rifle could do the same amount of damage as a child Digimon. Digimon defense or mobility varies too much in each level to rank.

Yamato-san

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Kind of the opposite- a guy with an assault rifle could do the same amount of damage as a child Digimon. Digimon defense or mobility varies too much in each level to rank.
Indeed. As I see it, a Digimon's overall performance improves as the evolutionary stage goes up, but there's still a fair trade-off between mobility, offensive, and defensive parameters and the like (it's also why Ultimates like MarineAngemon and Parasimon can come off as sort of weak but have an extremely specialized ability). In the case of something like Ruki's Renamon, her agility would no doubt make her hard to hit, but if you succeed in putting a gun right up to her, I doubt she's gonna handle it very well. In contrast, a Gotsumon or a Hagurumon seem like they'd withstand bullets fairly well.

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
our Digimon headcanons have now entered the realm of what would happen to Digimon when we shoot them.
Anyways you could totally shoot a Sandlizardmon and it would just walk away

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well Sunarizamon or whatever that is. Oddly his type is "Reptile" not Mineral. So my headcanon is that Sunarizamon is always covered in the sand covering all its limbs and the tail, the true body is probably full of thorny rocks. So I doubt if you can shoot it that easy...

Full of sand in the punching bag may stop the bullets but how far it got pierced though? Midway? But this Sunarizamon, this cute little Child? Maybe the rocks in its body might stop it.

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Big Mamemon's Reference Book profile suggests the possibility that it could be an "aggregation" of Mamemon (aggregation, interestingly enough, being a computing term) and its art also heavily suggests this by having Mamemon faces peak out from its boots and gloves. Later on the profile states that Big Mamemon is "dozens or even hundreds of times the size of a Mamemon" which seems to show that its size varies by a lot.
My headcanon is that Big Mamemon can be formed anywhere from a dozen or two dozen Mamemon to hundreds of Mamemon or possibly even no limit to the number and that the size of a Big Mamemon corresponds to this. To me this means a Big Mamemon can very from the height of a human to the height of something like Seattle's space needle and, due to it being made up of perfect level Digimon, its power can range from Perfect to Ultimate or bordeline Ultimate depending on how large it is

McGann

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So he's a big Loco Roco 😄

SnowAgumonGemini

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

This screenshot is relevant to my headcanon.
I’m one of the fans that ship Mimi and Koshirou as a married couple.
I add on to that as imagining their children as being twin siblings. They seem to be around the same age/height and Palmon seems to be proud of the both of them.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I will agree with that. After working through a lot and watching Tri. I support this idea.

Lord_of_the_Dude

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am not sure if anyone has mentioned this already, but my headcanon is that the Royal Knight Omegamon was originally Imperialdramon Paladin Mode's very own blade. After its master's disappearance, it took a form of its own and became a Digimon. Paladin himself might have already planned about this in case something happened to him.