What are your Digimon headcanons?

vinsuality

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I did a bit of my head cannon designs based on existing digimons before, and since I'm beginner here I'm trying to post this Darkknightmon. I sorta did it in a merchandise method.

Probably did a bunch more in my down time but I'll have to show later.

From this post

TheMatrix

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I did a bit of my head cannon designs based on existing digimons before, and since I'm beginner here I'm trying to post this Darkknightmon. I sorta did it in a merchandise method.

Probably did a bunch more in my down time but I'll have to show later.

From this post
Awesome drawing man!

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
despite them ultimately becoming a god who has fire as one of its domains and has the ability to melt anything with fire (which interests me as this should include Huanglong ore), my headcanon is that the Coronamon line outside the tip of its tail can not organically produce fire, instead producing fire from the circular jewelry they wear which I like to refer to as "hot plates". In all of their move descriptions they either catch their bodies on fire, shoot flames that are explicitly stated to come from the hot plates, or in Flaremon's case shooting a fiery aura shockwave which I guess sort of counts but still an odd exception. I think the reliance on these hot plates is best illustrated by the one we can see at the back of Apollomon's mouth as it seems that's only there so he can breathe out flames, something that Digimon with fire attacks can usually do normally

citramon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The seven Sacred Digimon shown in Adventure: do not represent the Seven Virtues opposed to the Seven Capital Sins but the Seven Heavenly Virtues composed of four cardinal virtues plus three theological virtues.

Help me with this, guys:
Hope - Seraphimon
Faith -
Charity -
Prudence -
Temperance -
Justice -
Fortitude or Courage -

McGann

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digimon Kizuna
The Meicoomon we see with Meiko isn't quite the same one as before.
A piece of her data managed to escape Ordinemon with Gatomon (hence the helix tail), and with it, Homeostasis created a new Meicoomon as a make-good.
It's not the Libra, doesn't have her memories or quite the same personality. It's kinda like the original Meicoomon's daughter.

Quinlan58

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The seven Sacred Digimon shown in Adventure: do not represent the Seven Virtues opposed to the Seven Capital Sins but the Seven Heavenly Virtues composed of four cardinal virtues plus three theological virtues.

Help me with this, guys:
Hope - Seraphimon
Faith -
Charity -
Prudence -
Temperance -
Justice -
Fortitude or Courage -
The Three Great Angels should be the 3 theological virtues, so:
  • Hope - Seraphimon
  • Charity - Ofanimon (charity in this context means love, and Ofanimon imparts the loving and merciful side of God)
  • Faith - Cherubimon
Then, the other 4 Sacred Digimon would be:
  • Temperance - ClavisAngemon (restraint and self-control fits with the lock-and-key theme)
  • Fortitude or Courage - SlashAngemon ("As it persists in justice, it does not fear death." It's the instrument rather than the arbiter of Justice, so I'm putting it here)
  • Justice -
  • Temperance -

McGann

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Rasielmon would make a good one for Justice: The Libra being a link to the scales of justice.

Which leaves Prudence for Valdurmon I guess. Unless you swap him with Cherubimon. Valdurmon kind of offers the kids Faith with in the way it communes with the kids, and Cherubimon Vice is a result of his love and resentment for Ophanimon sending him down a dark path, so you could say the reverse applies to Virtue.

Also, I'm pretty sure this has already been mentioned, but I like the idea that Adventure: is a sequel to Frontier, and the 7 Angels are actually an extended roster of the 3 Great Angels.

citramon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Help me with this, guys:
Hope - Seraphimon
Faith -
Charity -
Prudence -
Temperance -
Justice -
Fortitude or Courage -
The Three Great Angels should be the 3 theological virtues, so:
  • Hope - Seraphimon
  • Charity - Ofanimon (charity in this context means love, and Ofanimon imparts the loving and merciful side of God)
  • Faith - Cherubimon
Then, the other 4 Sacred Digimon would be:
  • Temperance - ClavisAngemon (restraint and self-control fits with the lock-and-key theme)
  • Fortitude or Courage - SlashAngemon ("As it persists in justice, it does not fear death." It's the instrument rather than the arbiter of Justice, so I'm putting it here)
  • Justice -
  • Temperance -
Rasielmon would make a good one for Justice: The Libra being a link to the scales of justice.

Which leaves Prudence for Valdurmon I guess. Unless you swap him with Cherubimon. Valdurmon kind of offers the kids Faith with in the way it communes with the kids, and Cherubimon Vice is a result of his love and resentment for Ophanimon sending him down a dark path, so you could say the reverse applies to Virtue.

Also, I'm pretty sure this has already been mentioned, but I like the idea that Adventure: is a sequel to Frontier, and the 7 Angels are actually an extended roster of the 3 Great Angels.

"Prudence (Latin: prudentia, contracted from providentia meaning "seeing ahead, sagacity") is the ability to govern and discipline oneself by the use of reason."

I think it fits Valdurmon better than Cherubimon. Also group leader vibes. And now the Frontier headcanon is my headcanon too.

Jaybird C

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A quick search of the forum suggests nobody's suggested this idea (in a single post, at least), but Parasimon makes a remarkably good candidate for the Tamers analogue of the Creeper (basically the world's first computer virus), which the real life Reaper was created to destroy.

Parasimon is
1. a big ol' creepy crawly (appropriate for something that would have evolved from a computer "worm"),
2. with nearly endless hordes of itself acting solely to infest lands they do not currently occupy, and
3. with a known brainwashing ability that looks suspiciously similar to self-replication (as per Ruki's mind-control module growing creepy tendrils and purple legs of its own).
4. completely unknown to the masses at large until some time after the D-Reaper's demise.
* Bonus points for being exactly the kind of thing the D-Reaper would be justified in trying to exterminate, back in the day.

Not that any of it's canon, but the parallels are strong enough that I've taken to calling Parasimon the D-Creeper.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
RagnaLordmon. I realized about how Zubamon/Durandamon and Ludomon/Bryweludramon imagined their dream knight to idolize. It makes sense when some children play as the Knight in pretend play but it would apply to Zubamon/Ludomon with childish personalities besides Child levels normally justice knights are Vaccine types yet this RagnaLordmon is Virus type. Is it because Durandamon & Bryweludramon instead of Child forms imagined that to take the task (Saving the world or fight the great enemy whatever) seriously to enable its fighting capabilities greatly as Virus type not that destructive? Think about it carefully. Agumon and Gabumon can able to evolve into Omegamon in warp evolve.

I wonder how it will affect RagnaLordmon's attribute to be Vaccine if Zubamon and Ludomon are going to warp evolve/jogress instead of Durandamon & Bryweludramon?

And another new headcanon... Cannonbeemon in Adventure 2020. If his body is basically the Destroyer in Star Wars then in that case... Where are other living organs that demands hunger, thinking, and pooping...? Look like it can be piloted by itself with unknown details but I'm sure Waspmon could be "babysitters" to feed Cannonbeemon I suppose judging the garbage dump system but still also, isn't it worrying if Cannonbeemon suffered some damage like WereGarurumon broke the floor and it's not... Healing? I know it's awesome but now I think about it. That's why I posted this. Cannonbeemon is hardly... "Living". Mostly machine. 200% space station maintained by Waspmon fleets and Cannonbeemon's hive piloting mind. That is what I viewed it as that...

e105zeta

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Shin Megami Tensei and Digimon are in a shared multiverse. Digimon are Shin Megami Tensei demons and Shin Megami Tensei demons are Digimon.

Judging from interviews with Watanabe ("I designed the Digimon based on a combination of Kazuma's Demons and American comic books") and Habu ("as of Digimon Story Digimon aren't scientific creatures that absorb data from human culture to determine their forms, they're actually the literal magical creatures/demons/gods of human mythology and computers just allow Tamers to summon them easier than omnyoji did in the past"), I kind of feel like they agree, lol.

TibJib

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Super Ultimates: Despite all the burst modes and fusions between two or more Ultimates, very few Digimon have been classified as Super Ultimate. It's basically just Arkadimon (SU), Daemon (SU), UlforceVeedramon (FutureMode), Chronomon (Both Forms), and sometimes Susanoomon. Even Digimon like Ogudomon and Omegamon Merciful Mode are not considered Super Ultimates, despite being the fusions of 7 and 8 Ultimates respectively.

So what would be considered a Super Ultimate? Even though he isn't always counted as one, I think Susanoomon is the key to figuring that out. Being a combination of the powers of the Ten Legendary Warriors, he is basically a fusion of 10 Ultimate level Digimon. Not just that, but the Legendary Warriors are considered extremely strong Ultimates, likely higher in power than most standard Ultimate level Digimon.

My conclusion is that to reach the Super Ultimate level, a Digimon basically needs to have power equal to at least 10 Ultimate Digimon, likely more to account for how powerful those Ultimates need to be.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Super Ultimates: Despite all the burst modes and fusions between two or more Ultimates, very few Digimon have been classified as Super Ultimate. It's basically just Arkadimon (SU), Daemon (SU), UlforceVeedramon (FutureMode), Chronomon (Both Forms), and sometimes Susanoomon. Even Digimon like Ogudomon and Omegamon Merciful Mode are not considered Super Ultimates, despite being the fusions of 7 and 8 Ultimates respectively.

So what would be considered a Super Ultimate? Even though he isn't always counted as one, I think Susanoomon is the key to figuring that out. Being a combination of the powers of the Ten Legendary Warriors, he is basically a fusion of 10 Ultimate level Digimon. Not just that, but the Legendary Warriors are considered extremely strong Ultimates, likely higher in power than most standard Ultimate level Digimon.

My conclusion is that to reach the Super Ultimate level, a Digimon basically needs to have power equal to at least 10 Ultimate Digimon, likely more to account for how powerful those Ultimates need to be.
Merci Mode is SU in ReArise. Ogudomon is Burst Mode in Masters, if you want to consider that SU.

anyway, a total of 25 Digimon have been classified to be at the Ultra/SU level:

There isn't really any reasoning we can use. Evolves from Mega doesnt work, since the recent games don't classify the Burst Modes, Leopard Mode, Blast Mode, Tyrant, or Chaosdramon as Ultra.

So it's "whatever Bandai feel like".

also when it comes to "null canon", Armageddemon's profile states it's SU.

TibJib

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, the "whatever Bandai feel like" rule seems to be pretty accurate. Some media calls them Mega, others call them Ultra, it's a bit of a mess. That's largely why I consider them to be Mega unless we are specifically told they are Ultra level, like with Chronomon and the V-Tamer Digimon. I seem to remember some profile calling Susanoomon a Super Ultimate, which is why I threw him in that group. I guess by that logic Armageddemon would also be one...

Who knows, the whole thing is screwy. I have my own headcanon at least.

Yamato-san

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Did someone not play the Cyber Sleuth games? Because there's a lot more confirmed Super Ultimates than that. Anyway, all the Digimon you listed (even the specifically Super Ultimate forms of Arkadimon and Demon) are still considered "Ultimates". It's just that very few pieces of Digimon media ever acknowledge the "Super" part, with the Story games in particular bringing it more into focus. I don't think it's some kind of complicated fusion process so much as simply acknowledging Ultimates who seem to have reached the pinnacle of power among all other Ultimates.

I thought Cyber Sleuth handled this nicely by making all the Digimon who were designated this stage have equal stat totals and memory requirements, none really being higher or lower than the others (though, there was also the oddity of Beelzebumon Blast Mode and Duftmon Leopard Mode having said high stats/memory requirements, yet still not being counted as Super Ultimates.... and Examon had to be retconned into being a Super Ultimate in Hacker's Memory, mainly because its fusion materials didn't exist in Cyber Sleuth). Though I will say, I'm really iffy about the power scaling when Omegamon Merciful Mode's brought into the picture..... but I'm hoping they'll just pull an Imperialdramon Paladin Mode, significantly de-emphasize the thing as somehow being equal to (or in Paladin Mode's case in some media, even weaker than) Omegamon despite the latter evolving into the former and being completely upstaged by the former in its debut film. Maybe Merciful Mode could end up coming off as a trade-off Mode Change instead of a straight upgrade. I just hope they can avoid making up a Super Duper Ultimate level, at any rate.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I still haven't played Rearise but interesting Omegamon Merciful Mode is Ultra? Care to list up which certain Digimons got Ultra levels in that Rearise?

TibJib

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Looks like it's all the obvious ones, like direct evolutions and fusions. Belphemon RM and Lucemon SM are a bit of a surprise, though I think Cyber Sleuth put them in that level too? Like I said, the whole thing is screwy.

Agumon -Yuki's Kizuna-
Alphamon Ouryuken
Apocalymon
Armageddemon
Belphemon RM
Chaosmon
Examon
Gabumon -Yujo's Kizuna-
Gallantmon CM
Imperialdramon PM
Lucemon SM
Susanoomon
Omegamon
Omegamon Alter-B
Omegamon Alter-S
Omegamon MM
Omegamon Zwart
Omegamon Zwart D

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I still haven't played Rearise but interesting Omegamon Merciful Mode is Ultra? Care to list up which certain Digimons got Ultra levels in that Rearise?
Merci Mode, Alter-B, Alter-S, Zwart Defeat, Bond of Courage, and Bond of Friendship gained it from ReArise. Omnimon X would presumably be listed as one as well (it has yet to do so in Japanese, but *has* been listed as such on an English exclusive card. It was the same with Susanoomon until HM. I don't think it was stated to be SU/Ultra before that in Japanese).

Every Ultra/SU in Hackers Memory carried over to ReArise - so it would appear they are trying to be consistent with who is considered to be one.

TibJib

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, I'll give them that much credit, it appears they're starting to be more consistent. Let's hope Survive keeps up that trend.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Looks like it's all the obvious ones, like direct evolutions and fusions. Belphemon RM and Lucemon SM are a bit of a surprise, though I think Cyber Sleuth put them in that level too? Like I said, the whole thing is screwy.
Lucemon SM is at least consistent with base Lucemon at skipping levels. (Rookie -> Ultimate -> Ultra).

Gallantmon CM has about as much reason to be Ultra as Belphemon RM. Neither should be really when theyre both mode changes, but oh well. Could prob say the same for Paladin Mode, but I guess he makes sense as one due to gaining the power of one.