What are your Digimon headcanons?

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For Adventure or for the null canon timeline?
there were 5 in their time period. your timeline doesnt work for that unless they were in 1998 I guess? but then... im pretty sure maki and daigos journey was more than 1 year before the 01 cast lol other wise maki and daigo are only 18/19 in tri

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
there were 5 in their time period. your timeline doesnt work for that unless they were in 1998 I guess? but then... im pretty sure maki and daigos journey was more than 1 year before the 01 cast lol other wise maki and daigo are only 18/19 in tri
If we take the number of Chosen to mean "active in any one year" instead it still doesn't really make sense. You'd have 8 kids in 1999, 4 in 1998, 2 in 1997 and 1 in 1996. Needless to say, Daigo's group doesn't fit in this manner either.

I mean either way Gennai's rule of thumb doesn't lead to any number bigger than 5 before 1998. Though to me the overall trend seems to fit given how many Chosen there are in 2010, it's just the early years seem a bit awkward due to the low numbers.

I'll chalk it up to the possibility that the total increases continuously throughout the year and Gennai only measures this number once a year in the spring or something (it was April 2001 when he spoke to Koushirou). Episode 39 of 02 even says there are at least 200 international Chosen in 2002 which doesn't really fit either, unless we assume that the numbers grow steadily instead of literally doubling once a year. Given that episode's set right at Christmastime, this wouldn't be too surprising.

Going back to Daigo's group, this probably means that they'd have been Chosen in 1997 at the earliest. The time difference of even 2 years is equivalent to 2880 years in the Digital World, which still makes it ancient history in Digimon's perspective. Since we're never told when exactly this happened and their ages (they couldn't have been much older than Taichi's group), at worst maybe this means they're 2 or 3 years older than them in tri. assuming they were Chosen in 1997? We don't know their ages in tri. either though they look like young adults so...

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If we take the number of Chosen to mean "active in any one year" instead it still doesn't really make sense. You'd have 8 kids in 1999, 4 in 1998, 2 in 1997 and 1 in 1996. Needless to say, Daigo's group doesn't fit in this manner either.

I mean either way Gennai's rule of thumb doesn't lead to any number bigger than 5 before 1998. Though to me the overall trend seems to fit given how many Chosen there are in 2010, it's just the early years seem a bit awkward due to the low numbers.

I'll chalk it up to the possibility that the total increases continuously throughout the year and Gennai only measures this number once a year in the spring or something (it was April 2001 when he spoke to Koushirou). Episode 39 of 02 even says there are at least 200 international Chosen in 2002 which doesn't really fit either, unless we assume that the numbers grow steadily instead of literally doubling once a year. Given that episode's set right at Christmastime, this wouldn't be too surprising.

Going back to Daigo's group, this probably means that they'd have been Chosen in 1997 at the earliest. The time difference of even 2 years is equivalent to 2880 years in the Digital World, which still makes it ancient history in Digimon's perspective. Since we're never told when exactly this happened and their ages (they couldn't have been much older than Taichi's group), maybe this means they're only 2 or 3 years older than them in tri.? We don't know their ages in tri. either though they look like young adults so...
we see daigo and maki in university in tri, and then daigo would need many years of need teacher training.

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Going back to Daigo's group, this probably means that they'd have been Chosen in 1997 at the earliest. The time difference of even 2 years is equivalent to 2880 years in the Digital World, which still makes it ancient history in Digimon's perspective. Since we're never told when exactly this happened and their ages (they couldn't have been much older than Taichi's group), maybe this means they're only 2 or 3 years older than them in tri.? We don't know their ages in tri. either though they look like young adults so...
we see daigo and maki in university in tri, and then daigo would need many years of need teacher training.
Fair, though on Daigo's part given his true role as an undercover government agent and how he's acting as a part-time assistant teacher maybe they pulled some strings so he'd be placed at Taichi's school to keep watch over them. Possible.

Lee_Bug

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Raremon fighting through many battles causes the machines keeping it in an undying state to finally break down, letting it die. However, it's soul, now free, strong, and aware, takes possession of a nearby plush doll. It's wish for an extended life now come true.

AppliFang

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not really a head cannon? more like a wondering thing? lol

*And a bit related to the anime

Maybe it was budget idk...but what if there were digimon (accompanying vee/hawk/armadillo) that appeared when the other digi eggs were lifted....Maybe 02 could have had an 8+cast of new characters (kinda like all the new kids the met around the world)

*i remember originally thinking about that after the second episode haha

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If Jotunheim is the name of the dimension accessible through the powers of Olegmon's Surtr, then the other 8 worlds from Norse mythology (Asgard, Midgard etc.) exist somewhere in time and space too.

And perhaps this Midgard is really just another name for the Human World in whichever continuity you're looking at.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
New headcanon for Chimeramon species.

Despite being Data or Vaccine attributes, their destructive instincts are too much stronger. Due to "frankenstein" parts, not Jogressed which caused the mind of Chimeramon species to be reduced to be mindless and menacing beasts. The data flow of each frankenstein parts are not in perfect sync but swelling up to increase its aggressiveness greatly towards their digicore or brains. Also this data flow got discorded to cause those frankenstein parts strengthened despite having the most Adult level parts enough to reach Perfect level's stat. Or another theory. All Chimeramon species didn't inherit anything from their frankenstein parts like the battle techniques, behaviors and others. Probably their minds are pretty much of a insect's mind. Those freak parts are probably really... "Corpses" and empty data capacities therefore it's just empty insect shell husks. Not berserker digimon or out of control beasts.

Experimental subjects? Never mentioned in the profiles. Always mystery. But... I bet it's another shady organization like Crack team and others. Maybe it's "Mad Scientist lab company"?

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Digital World auto-translates different languages, so Tamers/Chosen from different countries can speak to each other with no issues while there. This changes the moment they leave that world, however...

Lee_Bug

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The more I think about it, the weirder it is to have humanoid type Digimon(Angemon, Devimon lines, etc) as a V-pet that just take dumps that you have to clean up. Poop is hereby just junk data that periodically compiles near the mon's body as a result of processing food data. There. Now it's okay.

Of course it still reeks.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I had an idea for a series where characters have to clean and then collect junk data. ...Not that kind you mean but just like, actual garbage data. Like the stuff you clean out from your computer. It was causing glitches. But yeah, your idea makes some sense.

TheMatrix

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

No, not that kind.

A headcanon is a fan theory you have that you have about Digimon that you personally consider true, even if it isn't canon. Here are some of mine:

• Cody's voice in the English dub of 02 is due to a botched tonsil surgery he had when he was young.
  • Many decades after the Adventure 02 finale, Veemon and Wormmon permanently digivolved into Imperialdramon Paladin Mode and founded the Royal Knights.
  • Milleniummon is the mastermind behind every single anime series, spreading dark spores throughout space and time to sow chaos. In Adventure, he released Apocalymon from his prison. In Adventure 02, he was the cause of Ken becoming the Digimon Emperor. In Tamers, one of his dark spores infected the D-Reaper, allowing it to grow far beyond its original scope, and causing it to see humanity as unworthy of existing. In Frontier, one of his dark spores infected Lucemon, leading to his fall from grace. In Data Squad, one of his dark spores infected Kurata, causing his fear of digimon to evolve into a desire to conquer the universe. In Xros Wars/Fusion, one of the Dark Spores infected Bagramon, leading to his rebellion against God.
  • Daemon's true goal in Adventure 02 was to use the Dark Spore to create a copy of Milleniummon's digicore, which he would use to recreate the universe in his image.
Well, the place behind the firewall actually being a prison created in order to create an evil Digimon and hold him there in torment is a pretty neat idea especially since there is no explanation as to why the digimon whose data made up Apocalymon was behind the firewall in the first place as opposed to being reborn in the digital world.

Also, that means that there are basically two puppetmasters behind the scheme in adventures one being Apocalymon controlling the likes of Myotismon and Devimon behind the scenes while Milleniummon was the second puppetmaster using Apocalymon from the very begining.

Last edited:

Yamato-san

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Speaking of Millenniumon, I've long thought that it could be the perfect reason for Gaiamon to get a proper debut. Supposing the two teamed up, we could get some dimension-hopping shenanigans with Gaiamon deriving from an alternate universe where the earth was destroyed.

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, the place behind the firewall actually being a prison created in order to create an evil Digimon and hold him there in torment is a pretty neat idea especially since there is no explanation as to why the digimon whose data made up Apocalymon was behind the firewall in the first place as opposed to being reborn in the digital world.
Apparently Apocalymon wasn't literally made up of Digimon who'd failed to evolve, but rather the negative emotions they felt when they died. Their data would've been sent back to the Village of Beginnings to be reborn, though their feelings lingered and helped Apocalymon as a concept manifest into existence.

----------------

My personal theory is that since Apocalymon wasn't created from the data of dead Digimon, it wouldn't have originated from the World of Darkness. Instead, the Wall of Fire may have been guarding an entrance to some kind of outer void or abyss that exists outside the Digital World's reality where the Idea (which eventually became Apocalymon) was banished.

Plus, since it's an obvious reference to firewalls in computing, it's possible that there are other entities in this void that pose a threat to the worlds. A lot of potential for cosmic horror here...

I also think this is kind of similar to what Kakudou meant when asked what sort of ideas he had for a continuation of Adventure.

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I had an idea for a series where characters have to clean and then collect junk data. ...Not that kind you mean but just like, actual garbage data. Like the stuff you clean out from your computer. It was causing glitches. But yeah, your idea makes some sense.
I had no idea how much I wanted this concept until you pitched it. I would regularly enjoy installments of a series like this, especially if the partner is a Digimon who specializes in junk data like a cute little Tyumon who becomes Garbagemon. Maybe there can be stories where they bite off way more than they can chew (I really wanted to say "tyu" right here) such as coming across a very territorial Metal Tyrannomon on one of their jobs who is digging through the trash to find machine data

TheMatrix

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Apparently Apocalymon wasn't literally made up of Digimon who'd failed to evolve, but rather the negative emotions they felt when they died. Their data would've been sent back to the Village of Beginnings to be reborn, though their feelings lingered and helped Apocalymon as a concept manifest into existence.

----------------

My personal theory is that since Apocalymon wasn't created from the data of dead Digimon, it wouldn't have originated from the World of Darkness. Instead, the Wall of Fire may have been guarding an entrance to some kind of outer void or abyss that exists outside the Digital World's reality where the Idea (which eventually became Apocalymon) was banished.

Plus, since it's an obvious reference to firewalls in computing, it's possible that there are other entities in this void that pose a threat to the worlds. A lot of potential for cosmic horror here...

I also think this is kind of similar to what Kakudou meant when asked what sort of ideas he had for a continuation of Adventure.
Would it not make more sense if Apocalymon originated from the World of Dreams since that is a place were pure emotions and thoughts can manifest into actual material beings?

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's hypothesized in 02 that the Dark World is a place that materializes negative emotion. I think it can be both the Adventure world's Dark Area and Apocalymon's place of origin.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I had no idea how much I wanted this concept until you pitched it. I would regularly enjoy installments of a series like this, especially if the partner is a Digimon who specializes in junk data like a cute little Tyumon who becomes Garbagemon. Maybe there can be stories where they bite off way more than they can chew (I really wanted to say "tyu" right here) such as coming across a very territorial Metal Tyrannomon on one of their jobs who is digging through the trash to find machine data
Not exactly that but it is a fun idea. I just used the mobile only Digimon and the Legend Arms. Junk data causes a Digimon to glitch up, a human and Mon goes there to try and beat it, thus ridding it of the junk data and collecting it. Enough data and they could "make" them evo. Like them getting enough EXP.
But your idea is fun.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The firewall itself was always treated as a natural part of the world though. If the wall itself was something unnatural and dangerous the exposition would have indicated that in some form.

Apparently Apocalymon wasn't literally made up of Digimon who'd failed to evolve, but rather the negative emotions they felt when they died.
Their data would've been sent back to the Village of Beginnings to be reborn
Pretty sure that was never canon for the anime (only the novel claims this and that's another version entirely).
Throughout the franchise, part of the point of the Dark Area (Which is what Apocalymon's void and the firewall basically represents, MetalEtemon even calls it "hell") is that it makes sure that the data of evil Digimon is not reborn. That is why Devimon's data was still in the abyss in 02 ready to be used by the Kaiser for example.
This makes for a much more convincing motivation as well; In the original anime concept of Apocalymon the very fact that that the village of beginnings has basically rejected their data that could be seen as the source of anger for the Digimon that make up Apocalymon.
In the novel's version of the concepts the regrets of the lives belonging to the data (a random distinction that makes very little sense in the first place) seem very much less justified if they would get reconstructed either way.
(In a weird buddhism style of thinking it could theoretically possible for souls to get tired of reincarnation itself but this is not the case as this would contradicts Apocalymon's own admissions of envy).

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Junk data causes a Digimon to glitch up, a human and Mon goes there to try and beat it, thus ridding it of the junk data and collecting it. Enough data and they could "make" them evo. Like them getting enough EXP.
oh, I thought they were literal custodians managing sluggish computers and emptying trash bins. Your idea is pretty fun too and has a much more action focused concept and I would still very much love to see it!