What are your Digimon headcanons?

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For Adventure or for the null canon timeline?
there were 5 in their time period. your timeline doesnt work for that unless they were in 1998 I guess? but then... im pretty sure maki and daigos journey was more than 1 year before the 01 cast lol other wise maki and daigo are only 18/19 in tri

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
there were 5 in their time period. your timeline doesnt work for that unless they were in 1998 I guess? but then... im pretty sure maki and daigos journey was more than 1 year before the 01 cast lol other wise maki and daigo are only 18/19 in tri
If we take the number of Chosen to mean "active in any one year" instead it still doesn't really make sense. You'd have 8 kids in 1999, 4 in 1998, 2 in 1997 and 1 in 1996. Needless to say, Daigo's group doesn't fit in this manner either.

I mean either way Gennai's rule of thumb doesn't lead to any number bigger than 5 before 1998. Though to me the overall trend seems to fit given how many Chosen there are in 2010, it's just the early years seem a bit awkward due to the low numbers.

I'll chalk it up to the possibility that the total increases continuously throughout the year and Gennai only measures this number once a year in the spring or something (it was April 2001 when he spoke to Koushirou). Episode 39 of 02 even says there are at least 200 international Chosen in 2002 which doesn't really fit either, unless we assume that the numbers grow steadily instead of literally doubling once a year. Given that episode's set right at Christmastime, this wouldn't be too surprising.

Going back to Daigo's group, this probably means that they'd have been Chosen in 1997 at the earliest. The time difference of even 2 years is equivalent to 2880 years in the Digital World, which still makes it ancient history in Digimon's perspective. Since we're never told when exactly this happened and their ages (they couldn't have been much older than Taichi's group), at worst maybe this means they're 2 or 3 years older than them in tri. assuming they were Chosen in 1997? We don't know their ages in tri. either though they look like young adults so...

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If we take the number of Chosen to mean "active in any one year" instead it still doesn't really make sense. You'd have 8 kids in 1999, 4 in 1998, 2 in 1997 and 1 in 1996. Needless to say, Daigo's group doesn't fit in this manner either.

I mean either way Gennai's rule of thumb doesn't lead to any number bigger than 5 before 1998. Though to me the overall trend seems to fit given how many Chosen there are in 2010, it's just the early years seem a bit awkward due to the low numbers.

I'll chalk it up to the possibility that the total increases continuously throughout the year and Gennai only measures this number once a year in the spring or something (it was April 2001 when he spoke to Koushirou). Episode 39 of 02 even says there are at least 200 international Chosen in 2002 which doesn't really fit either, unless we assume that the numbers grow steadily instead of literally doubling once a year. Given that episode's set right at Christmastime, this wouldn't be too surprising.

Going back to Daigo's group, this probably means that they'd have been Chosen in 1997 at the earliest. The time difference of even 2 years is equivalent to 2880 years in the Digital World, which still makes it ancient history in Digimon's perspective. Since we're never told when exactly this happened and their ages (they couldn't have been much older than Taichi's group), maybe this means they're only 2 or 3 years older than them in tri.? We don't know their ages in tri. either though they look like young adults so...
we see daigo and maki in university in tri, and then daigo would need many years of need teacher training.

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Going back to Daigo's group, this probably means that they'd have been Chosen in 1997 at the earliest. The time difference of even 2 years is equivalent to 2880 years in the Digital World, which still makes it ancient history in Digimon's perspective. Since we're never told when exactly this happened and their ages (they couldn't have been much older than Taichi's group), maybe this means they're only 2 or 3 years older than them in tri.? We don't know their ages in tri. either though they look like young adults so...
we see daigo and maki in university in tri, and then daigo would need many years of need teacher training.
Fair, though on Daigo's part given his true role as an undercover government agent and how he's acting as a part-time assistant teacher maybe they pulled some strings so he'd be placed at Taichi's school to keep watch over them. Possible.