What are your Digimon headcanons?

miru

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Each and every one of Zamielmon’s mouths are functional.

Calanthe

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digimon have no concept of size/volume and mass. They are measured in gigas (data capacity). Their age is not measured in units of years but fractions of a second, at most months.

Instead of copying the matrix where the real world has a digital component to it for Digimon to materialize, my headcanon is that Digimon can never visit the real world and humans cannot visit cyberspace or whatever the origin of Digimon is. Instead there exists an in-between microdimension aka the actual Digiworld where the digi-destined kids escaped into from the real world and where digimon escape into from cyberspace. Humans cannot visit Digimon and vice versa. They meet in this in-between realm aka the microdimension (read String Theory and how other dimensions exist irl, but on nanoscales).

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
knowing that Captain Hook is the antagonist to Peter Pan in the original story by J. M. Barrie and the way that Digimon's interpretations of Peter Pan, Tinkerbell, and Captain Hook I think portrays Petermon as a misguided child abductor, Tinkermon as cruel and abusive, and Captain Hookmon as a noble and caring explorer, I like to imagine that if Captain Hookmon were to interact with Petermon and Tinkermon it would be Captain Hookmon seeing it as his duty to find Never-Ever Land due to his vast experience in navigating the Digital World in save abducted children. Currently, Digimon has Captain Hookmon as a completely seperate character with a background independent from Petermon and Tinkermon but I would love to see a story where they all interact and every time I see one of these three Digimon, I have a story play out in my head with Captain Hookmon as the hero

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
knowing that Captain Hook is the antagonist to Peter Pan in the original story by J. M. Barrie and the way that Digimon's interpretations of Peter Pan, Tinkerbell, and Captain Hook I think portrays Petermon as a misguided child abductor, Tinkermon as cruel and abusive, and Captain Hookmon as a noble and caring explorer, I like to imagine that if Captain Hookmon were to interact with Petermon and Tinkermon it would be Captain Hookmon seeing it as his duty to find Never-Ever Land due to his vast experience in navigating the Digital World in save abducted children. Currently, Digimon has Captain Hookmon as a completely seperate character with a background independent from Petermon and Tinkermon but I would love to see a story where they all interact and every time I see one of these three Digimon, I have a story play out in my head with Captain Hookmon as the hero
Well he's vaccine and is stated to be a heroic ship captain. tinkermon is virus

it seems Petermon kidnaps baby Digimon rather than humans, though. With Tinkermon being Virus and how evil some of the stuff in her profile is and petermon being data - it seems like she basically tricks him into it and he thinks hes just playing with them and what not. especially since shes the one that hypnotises them and forces them to go there (petermon probably isnt even aware theyre being brainwashed)

in fact it seems like petermon just thinks theyre digimon who dont wanna digivolve, unaware that tinkermon is forcing them to de-digivolve and then brainwashing them

Last edited:

Leoil01

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I believe that runaway trailmon takes place after the finale of tamers and they went back to the digital world through the portal they found and got their partners back

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think Petermon is actually the one that is slightly more unstable person. For beating friends up so badly for just breaking promises. Tinkermon only have Tinker Bell's same personality and get jealousy easy but mostly harmless and all bark... In my headcanon, Petermon's mindset is pretty simply... Unreasonable? Despite being Data. But it gave me that menacing vibes. Those duo are probably stubborn and delusional. Too dangerous to befriend.

Another headcanon of mine. About Titamon's hatred towards the gods, I view him as good partner for Kratos lol

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think Petermon is actually the one that is slightly more unstable person. For beating friends up so badly for just breaking promises. Tinkermon only have Tinker Bell's same personality and get jealousy easy but mostly harmless and all bark... In my headcanon, Petermon's mindset is pretty simply... Unreasonable? Despite being Data. But it gave me that menacing vibes. Those duo are probably stubborn and delusional. Too dangerous to befriend.

Another headcanon of mine. About Titamon's hatred towards the gods, I view him as good partner for Kratos lol
I guess thats why hes Data, in the between both. hes innocent in that he just plays with the baby digimon that tinkermon forces to go to never ever land and then if they do "something wrong" (maybe they forget to clean the dishes or something) he beats them up as "punishment". petermon is a very "grey" digimon in a "black and white" thing. you cant say hes evil, but you also cant say hes good. interesting lore that bandai could do a very interesting story with.

like, say its for adventure colon. the kids somehow end up there and its petermon/tinkermon and a bunch of baby digimon playing together. the kids are having fun playing with them all too but then they catch tinkermon forcing some randoms to revert to baby form, against their will, and join in. they learn from her that petermon has nothing to do with it, and they end up taking her out. Later they then they later see petermon beating up one of the babies for something minor and have to take him out too as he refuses to believe his cute little fairy friend was being evil and is pissed off shes dead now, but they also see how messed up a leader he actually is when he beats anyone up who questions his leadership

you can get super dark with it.

I believe that runaway trailmon takes place after the finale of tamers and they went back to the digital world through the portal they found and got their partners back
yeah it easy to slot in there. the portal is still open at the end of tamers IIRC, so RL can happen and then it closes after that to tie into the drama CD.

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
this one is probably more widely shared as it's almost entirely canon but not quite confirmed: I beleive the Crack Team made all of the cyborg Digimon and took all of the successful results as the basis for ultimately manufacturing Machinedramon.
Then adding on to it a more personal bias, I like to imagine that War Growlmon, BlitzGreymon, and Chaosdramon were all made by the Crack Team as well and have some sort of connection due to visual similarities (War Growlmon looks way too similar to BlitzGreymon and I'm still not over it). A lot of the Crack Team's innovations tend to come from researching the data of preexisting Digimon so in the case of Chaosdramon, I like to imagine it as being based on data from War Growlmon with BlitzGreymon being developed either inbetween or after Chaosdramon. War Greymon was already a cyborg Digimon implied to be related to the Crack Team so that same group further developing it into the mechanical looking BlitzGreymon makes sense to me, especially since they could have designed BlitzGreymon to look more like their newer series of creations

Last edited:

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There’s a lot of evidence for that, particularly episode 27 of 02.
Yeah for sure, although I'm not sure if the connection between the two places has ever been made quite so explicitly? Assuming the stage play is actually canon... which I don't even know if it is.

Prior to this I'd always considered the possibility that they might be two different locations - one beneath the Net Ocean and Wall of Fire (from the novels) which would be the Adventure version of the Dark Area and a prison for evil deleted Digimon, and the other in an entirely separate dimension from the Digital World (akin to that dream world) generated solely by mankind's darker subconscious and scarier mythologies. Especially since Plutomon theoretically rules over Adventure's Dark Area, while Dagomon is worshipped as a god in the Dark Ocean.

I'd theorized that both could've been filled with a similar kind of darkness, hence why the Chosen Children and their Digimon might feel the same sense of cold and evil from both places. But Occam's Razor would say that this is probably overthinking it...

Last edited:

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd like to think that if Ogremon had a better fitting Ult before Titanmon, it's be based off an Oni. With a big Kanabo. And there's a red/blue version of this and Titanmon for the other Goblinmon colors.

Eddie Stilson

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I used to think that the very first group of Digi-Destined mentioned by Gennai in Adventure were the kids from Frontier and that Tamers is a distant sequel to Adventure.

Back in the day, I felt that Digimon Tamers was a distant sequel to Adventure with Kari as Takato's teacher and T.K. and Yolei worked for Hypnos under assumed identities, with Mitsuo Yamaki being T.K's pseudonym.

The presence of the Digimon TV show was because of the books T.K. wrote under his real name, which also provided a decent cover-up for the events of Adventure and Zero Two. I later found out the references to Adventure were mostly a dub thing, but still.

Even though Adventure tri pretty much sank that entire headcanon, I still like it.

Piers

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Examon follows his own perception of moral values since he's a merging of vaccine (law) and virus (chaos) splits from Dracomon.
Likewise Chaosmon isn't inherently bad. There's suggestions that Darkdramon seeked out BanchoLeomon but the resulting merge might still have been consensual. UltimateChaosmon could even have been a last-ditch effort for 4 Digimon to merge in order to save what's around them.

The claws on Fladramon's gauntlets belong to him, and not the armour. The evolution scene somewhat suggests this, too.

Yamato-san

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well he's vaccine and is stated to be a heroic ship captain. tinkermon is virus

it seems Petermon kidnaps baby Digimon rather than humans, though. With Tinkermon being Virus and how evil some of the stuff in her profile is and petermon being data - it seems like she basically tricks him into it and he thinks hes just playing with them and what not. especially since shes the one that hypnotises them and forces them to go there (petermon probably isnt even aware theyre being brainwashed)

in fact it seems like petermon just thinks theyre digimon who dont wanna digivolve, unaware that tinkermon is forcing them to de-digivolve and then brainwashing them
Speaking of their attributes, I find it interesting that Tinkermon, Petermon, and CaptainHookmon are all part of a different evolutionary stage. However, it almost seems like they're more evenly matched once the attribute triangle gets factored in, with Tinkermon (Virus, Child) being manipulative of Petermon (Data, Adult) and CaptainHookmon (Vaccine, Perfect) being Petermon's opposition (CaptainHookmon vs. Tinkermon is the only match-up that seems like it'd be a total curbstomping).

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Speaking of their attributes, I find it interesting that Tinkermon, Petermon, and CaptainHookmon are all part of a different evolutionary stage. However, it almost seems like they're more evenly matched once the attribute triangle gets factored in, with Tinkermon (Virus, Child) being manipulative of Petermon (Data, Adult) and CaptainHookmon (Vaccine, Perfect) being Petermon's opposition (CaptainHookmon vs. Tinkermon is the only match-up that seems like it'd be a total curbstomping).
wow, that's an extremely good observation that I never even came close to realizing on my own! Captain Hookmon and Tinkermon are most likely more evenly matched than you think as Tinkermon has an OP ability that gives about a 50% chance to turn Captain Hookmon into a baby and Tinkermon's tiny size is probably super hard to hit from a character whose only means of attack is projectiles. Tinkermon also has paralysing neurotoxins, however I'm not quite sure how much less effective that is for a max level Digimon as she's usually targeting children and maybe adults with it

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My old headcanon, I really want to make it happen. If they actually release a new digimon from that fairy tale, Peter Pan for a new Ultimate level to complete this evo stage pattern with... The fourth Attribute (Maybe like BantyoStingmon, Variable?)

Wendymon or that gator mon.

Why her? Well because she said to grew as an adult and married made me think, maybe she could have child and adult forms that can change Petermon's feelings to be hostile or even obey her. I don't know why.