What are your Digimon headcanons?

Ragnalord

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
While alphamon isn't around, his in witchelny :)

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Mojyamon evolves into Panjyamon because they're the only one that ends with -jya and are ice themed. Coincidence? I think not.
There was an interview ttranslated here that said Mojyamon or Jijimon was based on a Bandai president or something, they were just poking fun at him lol.

It probably made way more sense in Digimon world where jijimon cmdebut becsuse there was no ultimate level too.

Mephistomon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They were just the first Gabumons to exist who actually stole Garurumon's skins to hide their real appearance, as time passed, everyone eventually forgot about the Gabumons' real appearance and came to believe that he was the "right" rookie form of the Garurumons, so the God of the Digital World himself messed with the composition of the Gabumons and ensured that whenever some Digimon digested in Gabumons, these Gabumons would already be born using the skin of the Garurumons, thus making their lives easier for the Gabumons not having to steal skins from Garurumons.

The New Anime of Digimon even being Reboot takes place in an Alternative Universe / Alternative Timeline, the world in which the original Adventure, Adventure 02, Tri and etc. takes place still exists in the Digimon Multiverse.

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have a theory that Babamon has connections to Witchelny. She gained stitches on her mouth just like Wizardmon did after being cursed, and can use magic as well with that broom of hers.

Lord Bearmon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have a theory that Babamon has connections to Witchelny. She gained stitches on her mouth just like Wizardmon did after being cursed, and can use magic as well with that broom of hers.
There's a lot of Digimon with stitches on the mouth, Meramon, Brachimon, etc.

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
that Bancho Lilimon of the bancho team never evolved. Her profile states that she "dyed" her petals dark and "donned" her tokko-fuku which seems interesting that they contradict traditional evolution ever haven taken place in two different places. This makes me wonder if other bancho Digimon reached mega level without evolving but other members seem like more conventional evolutions like Bancho Golemon who looks nothing like Golemon, Bancho Stingmon who looks a whole lot like Stingmon but oddly has a red exoskeleton, and Bancho Leomon who debuted with Liomon, Liamon, and Loader Liomon as his preevolutions. Bancho Mamemon seems like he might have gone a similar route to my headcanon but unfortunately I have no evidence to think this outside of my opinion of his appearance

Kotekuma

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's an interesting take and I see how you got there. But it's based on a misinterpretation of the (translated) language.

It doesn't say that Lilimon herself dyed her petals. It could be (and more naturally would be) that her petals "have been dyed" black by.... the process of evolution. No different than an orange Greymon becoming a blue MetalGreymon. Digimon profiles do often mention cosmetic changes from evolution.

I might be wrong to recall that in another thread you mentioned something about the Survival of the Fittest line. That she might have altered her appearance as a means of it? But the mention of one has nothing to do with the other. Making the connection for a headcanon does build upon your head-world and that's pretty cool.

Donning the tokko fuko is interesting. The other Bancho profiles do talk about "acquiring the title Bancho" and wearing the (presumably) Bancho-related garbs. But they don't hint at a connection.

I guess the question is, what does it mean to "acquire the title Bancho"? What does that look like?

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
might be wrong to recall that in another thread you mentioned something about the Survival of the Fittest line. That she might have altered her appearance as a means of it? But the mention of one has nothing to do with the other.
that's why I never said whatever you're talking about

Donning the tokko fuko is interesting. The other Bancho profiles do talk about "acquiring the title Bancho" and wearing the (presumably) Bancho-related garbs. But they don't hint at a connection.
the tokkofuku is most likely pointed out in her profile because she's the only Bancho member not to wear a gakuran which is the traditional clothing associated with bancho culture and why the Digimon profiles don't have to state the connection between the gakurans and Bancho titles as that clothing is bancho culture itself. Bancho Lilimon is aesthetically based on a subcategory of bancho known as sukeban and that's probably why they designed her with a tokkofuku instead. It's an interesting change for her as it ties her to bosozoku culture for some reason and she seems to be the least protected out of the Banchos as Bancho Leomon and Bancho Mamemon's gakurans both block 89.9% of physical attacks, Bancho Stingmon customized his gakuran with the shells of various insects woven in for some unknown level of firmness, and Bancho Golemon is a sturdy rock man so whether he has protection in his gakuran or not probably doesn't matter as much. Bancho Lilimon, however, is wearing something entirely different from the others with no mention of it offering any protection so she's an odd outlier when she comes to that tokkofuku in a few different areas

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Takoto didn't "create" Guilmon. Guilmon already existed - the idea was just planted into his head by... something (a god? his dream?). like how adventure's kimeramon/millienummon was created through time travel bsery, and it was just because they needed a tamer to have a Guilmon to eventually have Gallantmon save the world.

that would then explain how other guilmons exist in other universes - cuz if Takoto "created" guilmon, it would be exclusive to tamers only. (same for the evolutions and recolours)

plus the DRB doesnt say "guilmon was created by a ten year old", so takoto creating guilmon cant be canon to the rest of the franchise.

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Until he shows up again, I just imagine the Daemon in 02 is the same one from V-Tamer.
He ended up in that universe because he couldn't easily get back to a specific dimension when he escaped the Dark Ocean.
Takoto didn't "create" Guilmon. Guilmon already existed - the idea was just planted into his head by... something (a god? his dream?). like how adventure's kimeramon/millienummon was created through time travel bsery, and it was just because they needed a tamer to have a Guilmon to eventually have Gallantmon save the world.

that would then explain how other guilmons exist in other universes - cuz if Takoto "created" guilmon, it would be exclusive to tamers only. (same for the evolutions and recolours)

plus the DRB doesnt say "guilmon was created by a ten year old", so takoto creating guilmon cant be canon to the rest of the franchise.
My headcanon for that is that all Digimon source data is stored on a multiversal hard-drive that exists outside of time. Digimon have their inception point (Omnimon in Our War Game, Guilmon in Tamers etc) and once it's storied, it can be accessed through time and space.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe, but then theyd be unable to have say a flashback from 20 years ago with a guilmon in it. unless they "rewrite history" or whatever.

if the DRB said it was made by a kid, then I'd prob agree but he just has a normal profile that treats him as a normal Digimon - so I feel like thats the best way for it to make sense in the overarching franchise.

plus, that'd be weird for the royal knights tbh - how do they make sense when guilmon is a "fan creation".

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
plus, that'd be weird for the royal knights tbh - how do they make sense when guilmon is a "fan creation".
So the first instance of Gallantmon occurred when Takato and Guilmon Biomerged in Tamers.
The Data is stored on the Hard-drive, meaning every Gallantmon, Past Present and Future is derived from the original.

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Since Adventure Etemon came back from the Dark Ocean after dying, this basically means that place and the World of Darkness are one and the same.

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
a headcanon I fully believe in is that Hacker's Memory Yu is gay. Like, his obsessive toxic obsession in the protagonist is very much based in romantic attraction in my eyes. He's somewhere on the sexuality spectrum and it is not straight. Fei is even more glaringly obvious. I was lowkey wishing the protagonist would date him, even though I know he was super manipulative and shouldn't be idolized like that.

I'm still not over the theory somebody came up with that Cyclonemon is the skeletal structure that Skull Greymon is based on. Even though it's very likely a coincidence, I really want it to be acknowledged in official media, I like the concept a lot and it's definitely become a headcanon.

Another headcanon is that I like to imagine that because of Grace Novamon's data size, possibly the greatest size of all Digimon (it's depicted in the Digital Artbook 20th to be around 3 or 4 Examons tall), an edge Grace Novamon has over other megas is the sheer amount of Hit Points (HP) it has (I don't want to call it durability, I imagine it more like the difference between Defense and HP in a video game)

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
a headcanon I fully believe in is that Hacker's Memory Yu is gay.
That's another thing I'm not sure a headcanon is required for.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
a headcanon I fully believe in is that Hacker's Memory Yu is gay. Like, his obsessive toxic obsession in the protagonist is very much based in romantic attraction in my eyes. He's somewhere on the sexuality spectrum and it is not straight. Fei is even more glaringly obvious. I was lowkey wishing the protagonist would date him, even though I know he was super manipulative and shouldn't be idolized like that.
I guess it was never "officially" stated or anything... but I don't really feel like that's a headcanon - it's very clear he's gay, it's why his entire story arc happens.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd like to make my personal headcanons happen for real. The galaxy is expanding endlessly so I want to believe if that is part of GraveNovamon's hidden ability to grow big and bigger over time to match with the galaxy's size in sync. To increase its power and durability so massively. Also Eclipse Finger is the most dangerous one. Imagine his fingers glow in hot aura, just moving the finger(s) to attack the target as it completely annihilates the near galaxies/stars and planets in its path by melting to extreme enough to make everything explode just land to hit that target. Massive unspoken casualties... Even Meleagros are so much way bigger than Star Killer Base like 10000x times in size? Yup too silly to post eh?

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@Sparrow Hawk I'm with you in being able to image Grace Novamon as extremely powerful just because of how I can interpret a Digimon who is a galaxy, to the point that I can imagine it being in the top ten strongest Digimon but because of how very little information we have on it I have no idea what it's capable of and how powerful it is. I hope we see more of it soon