What are your Digimon headcanons?

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Actually, that Maki as Dagomon's bride sounds like an interesting idea. If they ever wanted to bring that plot idea back, they could use this.

VanChizzle

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Since Daigo died, his partner Baihumon also passed away - thus the western quadrant of the Digital World which he used to protect has now become more vulnerable to instability and threats from the darkness.

Actually, that Maki as Dagomon's bride sounds like an interesting idea. If they ever wanted to bring that plot idea back, they could use this.
It might be a little too X-rated for Digimon though lol.

DigimonFan

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The new Digi-Destined in 02 get new clothes when they enter the Digital World. The reason for this is, it was programmed in by the Digimon Emperor. We see him in that sweet looking outfit. It was probably set so that any new person to the Digital World received a new wardrobe. The Emperor had no reason to expect other Digi-Destined, so he didn't bother restricting the program variables to himself only. Since the original 8 kids had visited Digi-World from before Ken found it, they aren't affected.

I like this but wasn't the outfit change explained in the anime already?
I haven't seen all of the 02 anime. Maybe it was, and I forgot. :p

@Muur: I dunno, I haven't watched Tri yet.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It might be a little too X-rated for Digimon though lol.
As long as we don't discuss certain things. Maybe a joke about someone asking how or something and Kari butting in saying she doesn't want to know.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah nothing is too x-rated for digimon after (CS and HM spoilers)

the organ harvest sex doll quest in Cyber Sleuth, the tankmon killing itself when it realised it was a weapon that killed people, and the student killing his 39 classes mates+teacher in HM

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maki being a bride to Dagomon is just "Meh" level on the "WTF" factor tier.

After Lilimon and the "Hot Guy" case, so just try top on this if you can.

VanChizzle

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Eh there wasn't really anything in Tamers that had me thinking it was that bad...

I haven't played the games yet but am looking forward to doing so! (the spoilers were appreciated)

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah nothing is too x-rated for digimon after (CS and HM spoilers)
It's a crazy world we live in where somehow nothing can be more x-rated than a game that has been rated suitable for children of the age 12+ and 13+ in literally every country it has been released in.

If you want to misrepresent a game, maybe start with something that can't be immediately disproven by looking at its cover.

Kotekuma

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You can judge something by the cover. Except in this case you can because the rating is on the cover. And the rating is based on the content.

DragonicEmperor

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The AlphaGainForce and OmegaGainForce actually don't only have battle-orientated effect. They also have the power to stop time and travel back in the past or travel towards the future respectively (In which dosage and to what extent is unknown). Since the regular battle-orientated effects already come with drawbacks, these powers of the Gain Forces are never really used since it would mean the destruction of Alphamon and Omegamon on a very short-term to instant.

Last edited:

snimon12

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
One of my favorite pieces of DRB flavor text states that: "According to one theory, Megidramon and ChaosGallantmon are the same being, and it is said that whether that wave of terror is projected as a dark knight or as a dark dragon depends on the observer", effectively making it clear these two digimon can be thought of as slide evolutions of one another.

With this considered, my headcanon is that the ever-in-conflict-among-the-fandom evolutions of Angewomon; Magnadramon and Ophanimon, have a similar relationship, but instead of a dark being of terror, this is a being of Light. If you look at Ophanimon's helmet, atop it is an eagle, a bull and a lion. Aspects of all of these animals feature within Magnadramon's design (feathered wings, horns, leonine face). Furthermore, Ophanimon and Chaosgallantmon could themselves be considered counterparts, as they are in the Dawn/Dusk games as partners of the two leaders. I have a slight inclination to want to consider a similar relationship between Goldramon and Seraphimon but that feels far less weighty.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It'd be pretty funny if two people were in the same room and one person saw it as Megidramon and one person saw it as ChaosGallantmon, and they keep opening and closing their eyes one after the other and so he has to keep slide evolving over and over and then just punts them both saying it's way too tiresome to go back and forth so much lol.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nothing in the profile text implies anything about Slide Evolution. In fact a Slide Evolution from one into the other won’t result in anything happening, since both are already the same.

The whole point about the “Wave of terror” is that it’s a reference to, you know... wave functions.

SuperStarlite

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah it wouldn't count as a slide evolution or even a form change because the appearance only changes based on the viewers perception. Two people could be seeing to different things at the same time but it's still the same being.

jetman91

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
- Adventure and Adventure 02 had heavy amounts of Christian themes and imagery; so I thought with the dark world visions Kari had was going to lead towards her eventual virgin conception and birth of a Digimon equivalent to the Anti-Christ. TK would be revealed to be the second coming of Christ, with his Angemon being the Digimon incarnation of the Holy Spirit.
- I thought Davis was bisexual and figured he had a thing for both Kari and Ken.
- In Tamers, I thought the Digimon Sovereigns existence proves the Digital World exists outside the space-time continuum, linking the alternate reality that is Tamers to the main reality of Adventure.
- I believe Frontier to take place prior to the events of Adventure. While the kids of that season probably exist in the same world and probably around the same time as Tamers, since the Digital World exists outside the realms of all realities, the events that take place on the Digital World predate the events of Adventure, serving as both an origins of the lineage that would become the eight digimon we're familiar with, and de facto origins of the Digimon crests and digivices. Some what of a "Biblical age" for the Digital World.

snimon12

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
depends on the size of the room too ha, considering Megidramon is huge! I think it might not be so instant as two different people viewing it but, maybe more abstractly the difference between two cultures or in different times and places.

Nothing in the profile text implies anything about Slide Evolution. In fact a Slide Evolution from one into the other won’t result in anything happening, since both are already the same.The whole point about the “Wave of terror” is that it’s a reference to, you know... wave functions.
I'm interpreting it as such. My further headcanon of slide evolution itself is it works a bit like this, in that things that can slide evolve into one another are kinda the same thing in a way, hence why they can shift between forms. Wave of terror is an oddly specific wording yeah, but that doesn't preclude it from being considered a kind of slide evolution. That these two digimon could only exist simultaneously as one entity is.... interesting but also makes it completely completely different from any other mon.In any case its such an interesting piece of lore and makes a mon as potentially bland as a recolour subspecies into a very intriguing and frightening concept.

Last edited by a moderator:

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Remember to use the edit button instead of double posting.

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is actually one I had when I was younger, before I knew the Digimon Movie was a composite film.
I inferred that Wendigomon's stretchy arm and chest canon attacks were meant to parallel the similar attacks of Diaboromon, since they were both created by the same virus.