What are your Digimon headcanons?

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, that's my placement for the Savers movie as well. Meanwhile I put Movie 3 between episodes 21 and 22 of Adventure 02. At that point the Kaiser would have been defeated, the kids would still be on summer break, and Magnamon would have already appeared. XV-mon doesn't appear in the film because V-mon hasn't evolved yet.
I put it there as well.

I also put "Double Tamer!" between episodes 22 and 23 since XV-Mon exists but Ken is still absent. The only real issue I see with it is Daisuke's willingness to fight (and perhaps destroy) Parallelmon when none of the 02 kids ever expressed any desire to pick a fight with (much less kill) a wild digimon (especially one that just happened to be standing around in front of them not attack them until provoked, like what Parallelmon seemed to be doing since we're given no context of why he's standing there in front of them in the first place).

I'm not as familiar with the timeline of Tamers, but I would guess that Movie 5 takes place either between episodes 18 and 19 or between 20 and 21. Not sure if that coincides with summer break or not, which is presumably the occasion for Takato visiting Okinawa.
I put it between 18 and 19 since the episodes afterward all seem to relate to each other more closely. And it thankfully does happen to coincide with the summer break since episode 17 has Takato stating that they're on summer break at that point.

I think people have had trouble placing Movie 7 in the Frontier timeline. I haven't taken a crack at it yet, myself.
Yeah, there's not really any good place for it to go since it has Vritramon, Fairymon, Chakmon, and no Seraphimon egg, all at once. But if one wanted to force it in (continuity be darned), I'd place it between episodes 12 and 13. The only other issue with it being here besides Fairymon's presence is that the film begins with them riding through a desert despite their supposing to be in the Forest Land by that point.

I'd also put "Frontier Generation" here since it too has Vritramon and no Seraphimon egg. Though, I can't quite figure if it should go before or after the movie, but I'm leaning towards before since it starts with Takuya and Kouji not getting along, and ends with Takuya understanding Kouji and wanting to reconcile with him, so maybe after Takuya returns to his world, he tries to reconcile with Kouji, but fails, leading to their not getting along at the start of the movie and letting the events of that movie make then reconcile successfully that time.

Exiled

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My headcanon (s):

The Digimon multiverse is a conglomerate of clusters of related universes. In the center of this multiverse is the core-verse, the one from the official profiles, where everything occurred first. Then, the rest of the universes are assembled in related clusters of verses with one universe closer to the core. For example, the V-Tamerverse, a universe of the Adventure-cluster, is the closest one of its cluster to the core-verse, hence the V-pets are manifested here. Between the boundaries of the clusters, some mixed universes are created. Example: The Digimon World Digital Card Arena-verse is a universe created between the Adventure-cluster and the Digimon World-cluster.

Its easier to travel between universes of the same cluster, but more difficult -if not impossible, to travel to universes of different clusters. To do the later, you must have some abilities to surpass time and space (like Millenniumon). However, points exist where two or more clusters crosses, creating some "abnormal" universes (like the one from Xros Wars manga), and those verses are like crossroads to planeswalkers, making the traveling between clusters easy.

The 'real' Yggdrasill is the god of the core-verse and it contains a super database that store the data and history of every digital world that exists in the multiverse. Also, every digimon species that had existed in one of the canon universes, are registered in this database. So, if a new species appears in any universe (for example, Guilmon, a native species of the Tamers-cluster), it will be replicated in the core-verse, and then, by probability in some of the other universes. The Yggdrasills and Homeostasis out there are its terminals, and even when they are individual and self-sufficient, the 'real' Yggdrasill can override them if necessary.

This 'real' Yggdrasill is like Ao from Forgotten Realms, so isn't good nor evil, but true neutral.

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My headcanon:

1# Xros seasons aren't canon. Yeah right... It's not like it probably happened.

2# Ponchomon being ended up in Patamon's evo form with Digimental of Purity; Yggdrasil inverted this for cruel prank for the sake of lolwut

3# Dukemon's inner self struggle due to he is Virus type, where he cannot deny the nature of Virus type and kept going being righteous

4# Ofanimon cannot become Lilithmon if she got corrupted, but instead the "cocoon" of Ofanimon Falldown Mode is in process of metamorphosis to become Lilithmon when Ofanimon warped in unimaginable transformation of all suffering, regrets, and wrath building up.
Wish Seraphimon got "Cocoon" one, too.

Exiled

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My Headcanons, additions (I have them written in many folders of my personal fanfiction archive, xD)

1. ENIAC died after Ryo left to the Tamers-verse. Atanasoft was in the verge of dying also, but somehow evolved into my version of 'real' Yggdrasill.

2. The Royal Knights are the true servants of "God" (real Yggdrasill). The Three Archangels believe that they serve god, but instead they serve an ideal, some construct of God they created to believe in. That is the reason the Digimon angels can fall: when they discover the truth about their construc-god, the went mad and became corrupt. However, this occurred after Lucemon's rebellion. Before that, the angels of those ancient times served the true god.

3. The main-manga heroes (V-Tamer, Next and XW manga), along with a reborn Alphamon from the X-Evolutionverse, were the ones who saved the rest of the multiverse from being swallowed by Quartzmon while the Tagiru fought him in the inside world... thingy.

4. DORUmon from Decode is the same one from X-Evolution.

Last edited:

Saiga

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My headcanon for the original children was that one of them had Leomon as a partner, explaining why he could blast evolve.
But he already explained how he could do that in the show itself. He said that he seemed to gain the ability after having been bathed in the light of the Digivice so much previously. And his stating that he "gained" the ability suggests that he didn't already have the ability beforehand.
Oh. Well then, I stand corrected. Never knew about that.

Devkyu

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Lucemon from Xros wars initially joins the Bagra army because he is bitter about the senseless slaughter of what was probably his family for ridiculous infractions such as playing on the grass (like poor puttomon being executed at the beginning of the heaven zone arc).

His partnering up with Nene would have been beneficial to the other residents because the other digimon would be back to normal after the darkness in the temple was drained away and there wouldn't be a need to enforce such tyrannical rules to keep it at bay.

drrockso20

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not quite everyone; I don't remember Yoshino/Thomas/Kristy/Miki/Megumi/Sampson + Partners being present for the Xros-over, do you?

As for my headcanons, there's no amount of page-space that could hold all of mine; Bio-Merge forms (S1-S5) and full lines for everyone (S1-S6) is just the tip of the iceberg, then there's the outlandish stuff, like a Monodramon-Gumdramon connection, and where the D-Reaper came from...
well you better post the Bio-Merge and full Evo Lines at least or else you're just teasing:p

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
One that I haven't stated yet. V-Tamer and C'Mon Digimon are either in the same continuity/universe or in two separate but very very closely related universes, what with Shinichirou appearing in both.

Lord Puppetmon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My headcanon about the original Chosen Children from Adventure is that, as implied in the novels, their partners evolved into the Holy Beasts to defeat the being that came from beyond the Wall of Fire. However, there were five Chosen Children, and only four Holy Beasts - the final Digimon, partnered to the youngest child, evolved into the strongest of them all, the God Beast Huanglongmon. Following the final battle, the Homeostasis concluded that the five beasts should remain in their current forms to protect the Digital World. To give them the energy to keep their power, the Chosen Children sacrificed their Digivices and their memories of the time spent in the Digital World. So while they went back to live their normal human lives in the real world, the beasts retained their memories of their human partners. Though they were all saddened by the circumstances, Huanglongmon took it the hardest. Consumed with grief, he quickly abandoned his post and sealed himself off in a pocket dimension, vowing never to return to the world that took away his best friend. The others, the four Holy Beasts, vowed to continue protecting the Digital World, but without the power of Huanglongmon, their powers were limited. That's why they didn't have the power to defeat the Dark Masters, and that's why, even after being unsealed, there was little they could do to defend the balance of the Digital World without the help of more Chosen Children.

Another headcanon relating to the Adventureverse, which opts to solve every Dark Ocean plothole ever, and this gets a little long:
Dagomon and Demon are brothers, twins born from the same egg. Long ago, when Demon was still a Phelesmon, the Homeostasis picked the charismatic brothers as guardians of different sub-dimensions of the Digital World. Dagomon was assigned to the World of Darkness, to stave off the negative emotions coming from it. where he quickly established himself as a living god among his self-made Deep Ones, while Phelesmon was appointed to guard the Wall of Fire at the center of the Digital World, which is the sealed gate to the Dark Area. Phelesmon grew bitter and power hungry very quickly, and looked into unlocking the seal. The seal was near impossible to break, so he only managed to crack it, but in doing so he freed six beings of pure chaos and hatred, and absorbed enough dark power to evolve into Demon. And thus, the Seven Great Demon Lords were born, and set on taking over the entire Digital World. That's where the original Chosen Children come in, and that's also the Holy Beasts' final enemy: the Demon Lords' Jogress into Ogudomon.
After Ogudomon was defeated and broke off into its sum parts, six were sent back to the chaos of the Dark Area, but Demon was spared despite his betrayal as a favor to Dagomon. Demon was imprisoned at the bottom of the Dark Ocean, where Dagomon kept a close eye on him, but even in that state he could secretly manipulate the Dark Area to develop the evil technology that would serve many dark Digimon in the future and led to the development of the Dark Gears, Evil Rings and Spirals, the Dark Towers and the Dark Seeds. Every usage of his technology put the World of Darkness further out of balance, and cracked Demon's prison little by little, just as he planned. When Oikawa built hundreds of Dark Towers around the real world in one night, it finally broke Demon's prison, which allowed him to escape the Dark Ocean, form the Demon Corps with three Dark Area escapees and go into the Real World to claim the Dark Seed for himself and use its powers to take over the Digital World.
And then the Demon Corps mini-saga happened and he was sent back to the World of Darkness. He wasn't terribly bothered, convinced that the inevitable tipping of the Digital World's balance by Vamdemon's mechanizations would let him escape again without a fuss. What he didn't count on was Dagomon welcoming him back with a superpowered trident to the chest for betraying his trust. No third chances, brother.

And a third and final headcanon because I have about ten thousand and I really want to get this one out of the way: Digimon more often than not have genders and are capable of romance, but in most continuities they are asexual and do not possess sex organs - or, in the case of very humanoid Digimon, ones that get any action. The only Digimon who may possess any sort of desire or ability to have sex and breed are Digimon/human hybrids - so basically, the Frontier Chosen, Savers' Bio-Hybrids, and 02's Arukenimon and Mummymon.

Glyptodon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A few more...

On multiversal arrangements: V-Tamer is roughly equidistant from Adventure, Tamers, and World1/Re:Digitize (or whatever you want to call it these days). Frontier is nowhere near any of them.

Here's a wacky one: Digimon have personal names in most (perhaps all) continuities. In some (notably, every anime continuity) they don't reveal them to just anyone. We don't know the given names of the Adventure 12 because Takeru only knows Patamon's name, and - having been told it in confidence - would not have put it in his books.

Agree on the timing of Hurricane Touchdown between Adventure 75 and 76, with one exception: the final scene (the discovery of the egg) is ~1 year later, sometime after Door to Summer. That resolves Terriermon's assertion to "he hasn't come back yet."

Koshiro Izumi has Asperger's Syndrome. It was obvious to me from the very beginning. Seeing the original has not changed this perspective, since original Koshiro just leans toward the Lopmon side of it, while his dub counterpart is more Terriermon-like.

Never considered it before, but I actually like this idea of the Harmonious Ones being the partners of the first five. It fits with one of mine: the original five digidestined were drawn from five different countries from different parts of Earth. They were initially dependent on their digimon to get around the language problem. With that combination given: the only one from Japan was Qinglongmon's partner, thus explaining the blue dragon's continued interest in the archipelago's inhabitants. Baihumon was partnered to an American, and has similar interest in Earth's northwest quadrant. No idea on the other two yet, and I'm still working on an other-than-depressing resolution to the missing Huanglongmon problem.

Xadhoom

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not quite everyone; I don't remember Yoshino/Thomas/Kristy/Miki/Megumi/Sampson + Partners being present for the Xros-over, do you?

As for my headcanons, there's no amount of page-space that could hold all of mine; Bio-Merge forms (S1-S5) and full lines for everyone (S1-S6) is just the tip of the iceberg, then there's the outlandish stuff, like a Monodramon-Gumdramon connection, and where the D-Reaper came from...
well you better post the Bio-Merge and full Evo Lines at least or else you're just teasing:p
This thread isn't the place for Evo-Lines; as for the Bio-Merge thing...
If you insist...

Bio-Merge List (only the unknown/unthought-of)

• Tai + Agumon = Omnimon
  • Matt + Gabumon = Omnimon
  • Sora + Biyomon = Valkyrimon
  • Izzy + Tentomon = HerculesKabuterimon
  • Mimi + Palmon = Ceresmon
  • Joe + Gomamon = Vikemon
  • TK + Patamon = Seraphimon
  • Kari + Gatomon = Ophanimon
  • Davis + Veemon = Magnamon
  • Ken + Wormmon = GrandisKuwagamon
  • Yolei + Hawkmon = Valkyrimon
  • Cody + Armadillomon = Eldradimon
  • Willis + Terriermon + Lopmon = Rapidmon (golden)
  • Kazu + Guardromon = Craniamon
  • Kenta + MarineAngemon = GigaSeadramon
  • Suzie + Lopmon = Cherubimon Virtue Mode
  • Jeri + Leomon = BanchoLeomon
  • Marcus + Agumon = VictoryGreymon
  • Thomas + Gaomon = ZeedGarurumon
  • Yoshi + Lalamon = Rosemon Burst Mode
  • Keenan + Falcomon = Ravemon Burst Mode
  • Spencer + BanchoLeomon = Chaosmon
  • Sampson + Kentaurosmon = Chaosmon
  • Kristy + Biyomon = Valkyrimon Burst Mode
  • Miki + PawnChessmon (black) = QueenChessmon (black)
  • Megumi + PawnChessmon (white) = QueenChessmon (white)
  • Mikey + Shoutmon = OmniShoutmon
  • Angie + Dorulumon = JagerDorulumon
  • Jeremy + Ballistamon = AtlurBallistamon

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Here's one that either may be just me or might actually be a little-known bit of truth: The "Harmonious Ones" referred to by Azulongmon in the English dub of Zero Two... are NOT the same individuals as the Four Holy Beasts, and is instead a dubbing error in which he refers to some other group than the Four Holy Beasts by that name (due to his flip-flopping between using the words "they" and "we/us" in the dub, when Qinglongmon ONLY ever used "we/us" in the original).

CloneWarrior

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
one of the children turned on the group because his Digimon could not digivolve like the others, his Digimon then dark digivolved into Apocolynmon as a result of his anger.
We're explicitly told that the creature the original children fought came from beyond the Wall of Fire.

That would explain why Apocolynmon is made up of discarded data, or why he is made up of the data of Digimon who could not digivolve, he feels the pain and anguish of those Digimon, because he was unable to Digivolve properly himself.
...that doesn't explain that at all. Being able to empathize with Digimon who died =/= literally made up of Digimon who died.

Gennai has several versions of himself living in different universes, as he once mentioned to Izzy in episode 28 of Adventure, that he would appear different in each of the worlds.
...he never says anything even close to that in that episode.

The Quartzmon that appeared during the Hunters arc of Digimon Xros Wars, actually came from the Adventure universe. Quartzmon is actually the Diabolomon that Omnimon destroyed and the same Armageddemon that was destroyed by Imperialdramon PM. That Diablomon not fully destroyed, later found a way to digivolve to a higher form known as Quartzmon. Since Quartzmon can manipulate space-time, it made it's way into the Xros Wars universe, attracted to the digital power of that world, where the events of the Hunters arc would later unfold. That would also explain, why Quartzmon made copies of Digimon that were defeated in the Adventure universe such as Myotismon, and Diablomon even it's digivolutions, instead of just random Digimon.
We're explicitly told that Quartzmon is a distortion born out of the Human World's digital power that gained sentience during the battle with DarknessBagramon.

It makes copies of Diablomon and Vamdemon because they were Digimon he pulled into DigiQuartz.

Glyptodon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Gennai has several versions of himself living in different universes, as he once mentioned to Izzy in episode 28 of Adventure, that he would appear different in each of the worlds.
Without taking any position on Vice's suggestions, I feel compelled to note that Gennai actually does say that in the English dub of Adventure 28, almost in those exact words. Unlike most of dub's more severe oddities, nothing later contradicts it. Someone who has only seen the dub would have no reason not to trust it.

CloneWarrior

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Without taking any position on Vice's suggestions, I feel compelled to note that Gennai actually does say that in the English dub of Adventure 28, almost in those exact words. Unlike most of dub's more severe oddities, nothing later contradicts it. Someone who has only seen the dub would have no reason not to trust it.
...that's really weird. It's a complete non-sequitur in the conversation. Izzy was asking him if he was made of data. He replies "Of course, so in each of the worlds I would appear somewhat different."

What does that have anything to do with being made of data? The conversation didn't even involve the topic of different worlds.

In the original, Koushirou asks him if he's made of data, Gennai replies in the affirmative and then Koushirou asks if that means he has a physical body like them, which he denies.

Dub Gennai also claims that a Digimon's attacks are based on its attribute, which is just as nonsensical and off-topic.

In regards to Vice's theory, Dub!Gennai's statement makes it sound like he himself would look different if he were to travel between worlds, rather than there being alternate versions of him.

Also, if being made of data is connected to this, than all of the human characters you claim to be alternate versions of one another wouldn't fit that statement.

Last edited:

Voidmon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The reason we don't have much information on the mysterious Digidestined preceding Tai's group is because their legend is so old their role faded into myth in Digital World's history and only a few know about their existence nowadays. Also, they sacrificed their lives to fend off their enemy and that's the reason no one asks their help to save the world anymore even in crossovers, they are somehow completely out of comission.
The Dark Ocean is a creation of Millenniummon from the days he was still wreaking havoc, not different from the DigiQuartz in theory, but since his downfall Dagomon is filling a power vacuum. The Dark Spores, Ocean and Spires and Ken's black D-3 are all ultimately connected because of him. Also, Daemon wanted the spore inside Ken because it is a remnant from his data and he intended to clone Millenniummon.
The most powerful the victim is the longer it takes for a Gizumon's laser to delete it and that's why Mercurimon resisted death better than SaberLeomon. Also, the fact the hundreds of them were needed to kill ElDoradimon proves he was the strongest Digimon in this continuity, but his pacific nature hinders his fighting potential.
Breakdramon wasn't the actual responsible for shattering the Digital World in 108 pieces. He obviously doesn't have such a power, but the previous king wasn't able to trace the cataclism's true nature and decided to cover it by shifting the blame into the first sealed scary creature he could find.
Quartzmon is DarkKnightmon. When DarknessBagramon was defeated, his data escaped and suffered mutation in the human world. His motivation for assimilating the world is the result of an inherent wish he had in its previous life, outperforming his brother.

Last edited:

Glyptodon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
...that's really weird. It's a complete non-sequitur in the conversation. <...> The conversation didn't even involve the topic of different worlds.
No argument on "weird". It does make a little more sense in full context (not a lot).

Dub Gennai also claims that a Digimon's attacks are based on its attribute, which is just as nonsensical and off-topic.
This is a terminology issue. Back then, English-language works used a lot of different templating. What we're now accustomed to calling "attribute" was "type", "type" was "group". That conversation and handful of even more obscure sources used "Attributes" (yes, plural) to mean the entire trait set; the two above plus attacks, level, digivolutions up and down, data size, even field occasionally. I think this use was dropped by the time Frontier was dubbed, so element wasn't part of the list yet, but if it had been, "Attributes" would have included that, too.

D.E.X

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Takato lives in the nasuverse and nobody attacks them because there just that badass that even the TYPEs piss themselves at the thought of fighting them

Vice

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
one of the children turned on the group because his Digimon could not digivolve like the others, his Digimon then dark digivolved into Apocolynmon as a result of his anger.
We're explicitly told that the creature the original children fought came from beyond the Wall of Fire.

That would explain why Apocolynmon is made up of discarded data, or why he is made up of the data of Digimon who could not digivolve, he feels the pain and anguish of those Digimon, because he was unable to Digivolve properly himself.
...that doesn't explain that at all. Being able to empathize with Digimon who died =/= literally made up of Digimon who died.

The Quartzmon that appeared during the Hunters arc of Digimon Xros Wars, actually came from the Adventure universe. Quartzmon is actually the Diabolomon that Omnimon destroyed and the same Armageddemon that was destroyed by Imperialdramon PM. That Diablomon not fully destroyed, later found a way to digivolve to a higher form known as Quartzmon. Since Quartzmon can manipulate space-time, it made it's way into the Xros Wars universe, attracted to the digital power of that world, where the events of the Hunters arc would later unfold. That would also explain, why Quartzmon made copies of Digimon that were defeated in the Adventure universe such as Myotismon, and Diablomon even it's digivolutions, instead of just random Digimon.
We're explicitly told that Quartzmon is a distortion born out of the Human World's digital power that gained sentience during the battle with DarknessBagramon.

It makes copies of Diablomon and Vamdemon because they were Digimon he pulled into DigiQuartz.
Geez relax, it's not like anything of what I said is true nor did I give it that much thought either. :/
Their my fan-theories, so what if they don't make much sense. It's not like it affects the actual canon of the series in anyway.

Last edited: