What are your Digimon headcanons?

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The boys could go a number of ways. I tend to imagine Katsuharu having Steel, but there are arguments for any combination. If their clothes are supposed to match the colors of their Hybrid forms (as the Chosen Children's seem to do), then I suppose it would be as Neilandio had it (or with Katsuharu and Teruo swapped). Teppei's glasses could be a reference to Mercuremon, though that's a bit of a stretch.

Neilandio

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I chose Teppei to carry the spirit f earth because if you look at the human spirit the most prominent color is a purple similar to Teppei's shirt. Katsuharu and Teruo can be swapped due to personality, Katsuharu was more of a leader like Mercuremon was but I mentioned them in that order because I followed the rule of cloth color.

Kotekuma

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes, I think Katsuharu should really be Steel because he is more of a leader. It's more true to match by personality than something trivial like color. Also, he's the taller one like Mercurymon. The chosen children's body types roughly followed into their Human spirits with Chackmon being small and J.P's fat turning into bulk. lol. Teppei works for Earth because he's a bully like Grumblemon and also the color. Arbormon arguably, was the least significant in the plot and and least threatening to the kids so I like Turuo, the one who got the least lines to have the spirits of Wood.

It's a good headcanon.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So the only thing we all can agree on is that Mercurymon is the leader and it makes most sense to have the girl member get the girl spirit?

Inpu

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Teppei's name has the kanji for metal in it; him wearing glasses and becoming Mercuremon, who is associated with mirrors, is pretty straightforward. Chiaki should be Ranamon for similarly obvious reasons (her name does literally mean something like "thousand sparkling"). Katsuharu's name, meaning something like "victorious springtime", seems like it would have nature/wood associations. That leaves Teruo, "shining man" for grottomon, although it doesn't really have any obvious link to it.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You almost think these kids were substitute characters huh. ...So Ophanimon just grabbed a bunch of kids and checked to see who would work best?

D.E.X

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
meh can't be picky

Lhikan634

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That leaves Teruo, "shining man" for grottomon, although it doesn't really have any obvious link to it.
Many minerals (particularly the gemstones) reflect light, so it could be a reference to that.

miru

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Laylamon is actually a seperate, weaker sub-species of Lillithmon, not just a dub rename.,

Rurik

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just came up with this theory. Maybe in 02 the other chosen children and their familes, the people who recieved digivices, recieved them if they had a vpet during the battle at Hikarigoaga or the battle with diablomon. This may give support to their varying ages. If there was a re-release of the first and second films that either showed vpets reacting or glowing in some way to the digital activity going on. A vpet could tie in some possible way tie in Digimon World game and c'mon Digimon.

Neilandio

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What does the other Kanji in Teppei's name mean? Google translate translates it as flat in English but as ground or floor in Spanish

Braves26

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The reason all the universes follow the same general rules is because they're broken shards of an ancient, much larger digital world. It was created by a God-like Digimon, and torn apart when another God, one of destruction, awoke, and the two fought. The world was split into multiple shards, which became mirrors of other universes. The two Gods fell into a state of hibernation, and all events on the Digital World are influenced by their dreams.

Dianne Renard

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There are as many separated universes with their own set of laws and rules as grains of sand in a beach and infinite variations of a similar scenario that branched off into different directions due diverging at some point in their timeline.

For example, small changes such as Grani not dying during the fight against the d-reaper and the digimental of miracles staying on the hands of Daisuke leads to different variations of their "prime" universes that then become part of multiverses such as the one of Ryo's wonderswan adventures, Adventure PSP, anime Xros Wars and V-tamer or remains as worlds of possibilities ripe for exploration in the future.

For every digital world there's also a human world and while the digital world is always vastly different each other in both origins and laws, the many human worlds almost always follows the same template of the modern world with small, yet key differences such the Shibuya Station with the unique elevator, Hypnos, DATS, and the Parrotmon incident between many others only happening exclusively in certain human worlds.

Monox D. I-Fly

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ever wondered why despite Splashmon's element is Water and Olegmon's element is Metal their land looked like switched in Xros Wars (Splashmon's was full of machines and Olegmon's was an ocean). My headcanon is that originally the factory belonged to Olegmon and the ocean belonged to Splashmon, however Olegmon felt lonely because the Digimons in his land were all artificial thus couldn't be befriended because they had no thought nor emotions. After long days he spent his life there learning about the technologies to get rid of his boredom, he contacted the other Death Generals if there was one of them who might want to switch place with him. Splashmon was the first willing to switch because being an anti-social who didn't believe anyone, he couldn't keep up with the ocean's residents who valued friendship so much thus wanted to live alone in the factory area. Eventually, the two switched places and not so long after Olegmon arrived on the ocean, he used the knowledge he learned from the factory, making a new Digimon called DarkVolumon.

Inpu

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
DarkVolumon was created in Gold Zone, tho, before the Lands were created or the Death Generals were instituted by DarkKnightmon.

LucasPSI

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Jeri from Digimon Tamers and Lain from Serial Experiment's Lain are the same character. After Lain recreated the the world she created another Lain so that she could live among everyone else and still watch other earth as its new god. She named this other Lain "Jeri" after one of her close friends who share the same name. This is why Lain an Jeri are nearly identical in terms of looks, why they share the same Japanese voice actor, why Jeri(from Tamers) and Alice(From Lain) share the same English voice, and how she was so easily manipulated by the D-Reaper. Because she had already been manipulated by technology in the past.

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Jeri from Digimon Tamers and Lain from Serial Experiment's Lain are the same character. After Lain recreated the the world she created another Lain so that she could live among everyone else and still watch other earth as its new god. She named this other Lain "Jeri" after one of her close friends who share the same name. This is why Lain an Jeri are nearly identical in terms of looks, why they share the same Japanese voice actor, why Jeri(from Tamers) and Alice(From Lain) share the same English voice, and how she was so easily manipulated by the D-Reaper. Because she had already been manipulated by technology in the past.
A lot of Konaka's anime feels like they could be in the same universe. Big O had universe resetting too.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Despite being hated for many reasons, I am shocked to find her on very deep depth meanings; Serial Experiment's Lain (I have not watched it or completely forgot it if it was aired on Cartoon Network) and sexual suggestive theories with D-Reaper (Found in Tumblr).

Only she is the one out of all Tamer characters to have deep meanings?