What are your Digimon headcanons?

Zennistrad

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

No, not that kind.

A headcanon is a fan theory you have that you have about Digimon that you personally consider true, even if it isn't canon. Here are some of mine:

• Cody's voice in the English dub of 02 is due to a botched tonsil surgery he had when he was young.
  • Many decades after the Adventure 02 finale, Veemon and Wormmon permanently digivolved into Imperialdramon Paladin Mode and founded the Royal Knights.
  • Milleniummon is the mastermind behind every single anime series, spreading dark spores throughout space and time to sow chaos. In Adventure, he released Apocalymon from his prison. In Adventure 02, he was the cause of Ken becoming the Digimon Emperor. In Tamers, one of his dark spores infected the D-Reaper, allowing it to grow far beyond its original scope, and causing it to see humanity as unworthy of existing. In Frontier, one of his dark spores infected Lucemon, leading to his fall from grace. In Data Squad, one of his dark spores infected Kurata, causing his fear of digimon to evolve into a desire to conquer the universe. In Xros Wars/Fusion, one of the Dark Spores infected Bagramon, leading to his rebellion against God.
  • Daemon's true goal in Adventure 02 was to use the Dark Spore to create a copy of Milleniummon's digicore, which he would use to recreate the universe in his image.

lonelydistance

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Natchan from Natsu e no Tobira is a deltamon.

Somewhere there are drafts for a series revolving around the Accels.

D.E.X

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Gallantmon joined the royal knights because they promised that after a few eons of serves and they will give him a way to return to Takato. He changed greatly becoming a noble and just knight as he went on to become the close friend of Omnimon. But as he became so powerful he saw the darkness of the multiverse. He has seen a race of parasites consume the milky way galaxy. A race of emotionless aliens use humans as a generator of entropy in a vain effort to delay the inevitable. He has seen entire races killed in mass genocides. It lead to him to doubt if the innocent where able to be saved. At the end his time amongst the knights was up and he returned to his earth only to find his tamer at his death bed. Despite Takato's time nearing the end he comforted his knights doubts. He told his old friend that yes the multiverse is dark but it was so because those with power gave up and let despair and tragedy over take them. He asked Gallantmon if he would be like others before him or will he break the cycle and make a deference, And thus he made his choice. To him it was the only possible option and became a hero.

Last edited:

miru

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Kazemon became Dianamon of the Olympus 12.

Lagarmon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The weird energy field in Tamers' ep 7 was some smaller form of the D-Reaper. I think so because of it's effort to delete Guilmon & it's weakness to the Yuggoth Program.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My headcanons:

Imperialdramon Paladin Mode gathered all certain ones who will become the "Royal Knight", "Royal Knight" organization whose he created to entrust to Yggdrasil. He tried to offer the best services to Yggdrasil to get it to believe him everything "Royal Knights" absolutely obey at anything but he have a hidden motive within this plan. He wishes to discover the deepest secrets which Yggdrasil and the digital world (includes the human world) holds the answers. However he died before he could reach the "Truth" but Alphamon caught of it somehow and realized what was Imperialdramon Paladin Mode aimed for when Yggdrasil accepted the "Royal Knights" to became offical bodyguards. The problem thing is, Paladin Mode and Alphamon never told a single thing to other Royal Knights. But they kept going to fulfill their duties faithfully but strict. It eventually created doubts among the Royal Knights to question their master, Yggdrasil due to its goal involved with the digital world. Yggdrasil kept the data of Alphamon due to how powerful he was and some day Yggdrasil will use him to succeed its future goals.
Royal Knight group kept fighting to save the digital world as the times passes, one by one perished. Yggdrasil decided to create a new digital life, DORUmon hoping to get it to obey at absolute while installing the data of Alphamon among its Evolution codey. But it escaped from Yggdrasil's grasp to start a new life and never seen again. Alphamon's resurrection whose said to arrive once again was actually just a lie to lift the spirits of Royal Knights even other digimon species. It's possible Yggdrasil is the responsible for this.

Chaosmon could be the other experiment subject due to its target of a Banchou whose is assumed to be on par with Great Archangels and Royal Knights
the mysterious organization aimed that for raw power or unknown goals. Hoping it to pursuit that banchou by forcing him to Jogress instead of "Jogress of Bonding". It resulted in two Digicores are refusing to each others in violent respondence therefore its existence is unstable and its lifespan glitched out probably given a short time. Sleipmon and Valdurmon could be unfortunate victims who happened to be there involved in that incident of Chaosmon to drag forcefully to jogress with other Digicores unwillingly to jogress which it results UltimateChaosmon. The mysterious organization knows the secret of Jogress evolution codes to abuse in the name of power.

GranDracmon holds the most knowledge, even the secrets Yggdrasil held in that time and his role is similar to the Fabled from Yugioh for causing chaos riots in the digital world to amuse himself but in backrow, chilling.

The digital world is viewed as the experimental project and all digital lifeforms could never have a "peace" at a moment...

Some digimon profiles mentioned how they were born from the certain natural environments like volcano where Gokuwmon was born there.
It could be that system of the digital world responded to this where the internet of Human worlds uploaded certain information often times creating new digital species and their data registered within Yggdrasil's and the digital world's "datalog" or whatever that is, and eventually the new data were transferred to certain existing ones to given new evo lines.

Rurik

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Omnimon in x-evolution is the same omnimon from Adventure. Adventure and tamers take place in the same universe.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Some ideas I've incorporated or will incorporate into my fan fiction. Chapter 97 of The Call collects several of these, most of which were solutions I came up with for various mysteries in the Adventure universe. Notably, that Gennai and his allies were well aware of the Digimon Kaiser's identity, but didn't let the Chosen Children know because there was nothing to be gained by a confrontation in the human world. A defeat in the Digital World was a possible way of driving the Dark Seed into remission. Another idea was that Wallace received his Digivice and partners before the other Chosen Children as a test subject, to make sure that the new technology worked before the eight in Japan were summoned to face Apocalymon and its minions.

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I already posted one in the SoraxTachi thread. :X

Tamers: Battle of Adventurers was intended to be an Adventure crossover and Apocalymon transformed into Mephistomon>Gulfmon and Omegamon is Taichi and Yomato's.

After Xros Wars all the characters from every continuity had adventures together , and that's what you see on all the merchandise artwork like the CD covers with characters from every season. Also add Re:Digitize Decode in this somewhere since all the Goggleheads appear in that. In the Xros Wars Manga everything is dimension/time travel shenanigans too.

I like to imagine that Tamers, Serial Experiments Lain and Big O are in the same universe.

Xadhoom

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I already posted one in the SoraxTachi thread. :X

Tamers: Battle of Adventurers was intended to be an Adventure crossover and Apocalymon transformed into Mephistomon>Gulfmon and Omegamon is Taichi and Yomato's.

After Xros Wars all the characters from every continuity had adventures together , and that's what you see on all the merchandise artwork like the CD covers with characters from every season. Also add Re:Digitize Decode in this somewhere since all the Goggleheads appear in that. In the Xros Wars Manga everything is dimension/time travel shenanigans too.

I like to imagine that Tamers, Serial Experiments Lain and Big O are in the same universe.
Not quite everyone; I don't remember Yoshino/Thomas/Kristy/Miki/Megumi/Sampson + Partners being present for the Xros-over, do you?

As for my headcanons, there's no amount of page-space that could hold all of mine; Bio-Merge forms (S1-S5) and full lines for everyone (S1-S6) is just the tip of the iceberg, then there's the outlandish stuff, like a Monodramon-Gumdramon connection, and where the D-Reaper came from...

KaenKazui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
One of my bigger head canons is, that Wallace actually was supposed to be one of the original children (after all he received his Digivice in 1995 seemingly), who traveled to the digital world before Taichi and Co., but somehow he did not get into the digital world, so he and his partners stayed behind, but survived due to it, while the other children died in the digital world.
Also: Those first chosen children did not manage to get the job done, because they were just too young. After all Wallace was only 5 years old when he received his Digivice and also Taichi and Co. where supposed to get into the digital world earlier, which did not happen due to the Dark Masters attacking the agents. But actually that turned out to be a good thing, because if they had not come into the digital world with that much of a delay, they probably would have been to young, to, and failed.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've posted this in threads pertaining to the third movie. After Wallace lost Chocomon, Chocomon fell through a rift in the dimensions and ended up in the Dark World, where he was corrupted by an agent of that world who fed upon his fear and desire to find Wallace again. After finally returning to the Human World in 2002, he had by then evolved into a Wendimon and was driven insane by the agent, who has him abduct any child with a Digivice to find Wallace for Chocomon, while also keeping them out of the way for the agent's plans. As the movie proceeds, by the time he becomes a Cherubimon, the agent takes full possessive control over him and proceeds to turn the Human World into a dark, physically and temporally unstable nightmare, as a taste of what the forces of the Dark World wanted to do to the Human World had Dagomon and his minions ever reached it.

When Magnamon and Rapidmon got inadvertently swallowed by the Cherubimon, the small fragment of what remained of the original Chocomon (appearing as a ghostly Wendimon) instructed them on how to destroy the agent, but I'm still having trouble thinking of what it was this spirit wanted them to shoot at. If this is the last remaining essence of the uncorrupted Chocomon, then it looks like he's telling them to destroy himself, thereby destroying the host that the agent was in control of and leaving the agent with nothing to possess, fated only to be destroyed in the crossfire. But, that wouldn't explain how a purified Cherubimon would be able to briefly appear right before his disintegration since the host would have been dead mere seconds before that would have happened. So instead, maybe the true Chocomon instructs them to destroy the core of the agent, but then I wouldn't see how that would have killed Chocomon himself when he retakes control of himself afterward, unless he had come to a point where he relied upon the agent to sustain him, or that the agent's control plus the battle with the kids had simply put too much strain on his body for it to remain in one piece. This is the only shaky part of this concept.

Last edited:

Protocol

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Suzie and Lopmon Biomerge to Cherubimon, who successfully extracts Leomon's data from Beelzemon Blast Mode. Leomon's extracted data is unstable and he requires an X-Antibody to stay alive, which makes him the more powerful Leomon X but for some reason prevents Biomerging. When Cherubimon extracts that data, she discovers something. It turns out that the reason Impmon (who can now Digivolve normally as Devimon - NeoDevimon - Beelzemon) has two Tamers is that he was supposed to have a twin sister (also Impmon, but with more of an indigo coloring and a "kissy face" smiley instead of the one Impmon has) who would Digivolve to become BelleStarrmon, but her data was somehow locked inside Impmon. Cherubimon and the DigiGnomes then release that Impmon's data (Devidramon - LadyDevimon - BelleStarrmon). The new Impmon has an identity crisis (a la Jessica Drew) and has to be shown the way by her brother, the reformed villain. Renamon briefly makes fun of Impmon for having a feminine side.

Kazu and Andromon Biomerge to HiAndromon by accident. Kenta worries that he won't be able to Biomerge with a Mega, and Kazu makes fun of him for it, but then Kenta Biomerges with MarineAngemon who then slides to Surfimon.

After the D-Reaper is defeated, the Sovereigns and the DigiGnomes reward Dobermon for his service by reconstituting his data as a Salamon (Salamon - Dobermon - Cerberumon - Anubismon), who acts as Alice McCoy's official partner as she leads the next set of Tamers somewhere in California.

Ryo's "father" is actually a federal marshall of some kind who was assigned to watch over him in the early days of HYPNOS when Ryo first exited the Digital World in the Tamers dimension (remember he said he knew a way out?) after chasing Millenniummon from the Adventure dimension. Monodramon and ZeedMillenniummon (as in the game) make Cyberdramon, who still has Millenniummon as a potential Mega in the same way that Guilmon has Megidramon. The real reason Ryo keeps such a tight leash on Cyberdramon is because he doesn't want him to accidentally Digivolve into Millenniummon and become a hazard. Ryo has been lying to the other Tamers about all of this so he doesn't freak them out.

The Tamers dimension (as it did in the dub) has the Adventure TV show, which was written based on the same kind of "psychic vibrations" used to explain that one episode of Justice League that paid homage to the Golden Age JSA. However, in Tamers, those psychic vibrations stopped coming after MaloMyotismon was defeated, so the writing staff made up the utopian "everyone has a Digimon" future themselves.

Digimon actually do have genders. The reason that Renamon said that Digimon aren't divided into genders like humans are is that Digimon can actually have their data easily reformatted to change genders, whereas humans are pretty much stuck with their chromosomal allotments.

Calumon is Yggdrasil's Jesus.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I second Sabrblade's idea.

It seems like some of these are more like fanfics waiting to be written than anything else.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I second Sabrblade's idea.

It seems like some of these are more like fanfics waiting to be written than anything else.
Added an additional note about his kidnapping Digivice children to not only find Wallace for Chocomon but to keep them out of the way of the agent's plans.

Protocol

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was definitely feeling that as I wrote mine.

D.E.X

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Same here my friends same here