What Are You Currently Playing?

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I got a Switch earlier this month with Mario Kart 8 DX. Then I picked up Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and have mostly been playing that as of late. I had some reservations going in, only because its indirect predessessor Xenoblade X had pilotable mechs which kind of drew me to that game. But with that being my first step into JRPGs and the big, open world appealing to me, I figured I'd like Xenoblade 2 just as much. Now I'm already at Chapter 8 of the main story and don't want it to end, dammit XD;

Then I got Super Mario Odyssey for Christmas. Nice for the series to go back to something more akin to the Mario 64 formula. Exploring these huge levels while taking advantage of enemy abilities is so much fun. However I also feel like the world progression is going a bit too fast compared to earlier 3D games. But maybe having hundreds more Power Moons to find after beating Bowser will make up for that.

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

So I managed to knock another game off my massive Steam backlog. This time it was "Detention" - a Taiwanese indie horror game. The basic premise is that two students got stuck in school due to a typhoon and as the sun sets some eldritch shenanigans start happening. Really good use of sound design, both the music and the general noises are well timed to unsettle and the game really doesn't lean on jump-scares. The other thing is that it isn't just a typical horror story since as you progress, you slowly discover the school's sordid history and a heartrending tragedy that unfolded during Taiwan's "White Terror" period. It almost made me cry at the end...almost.

Definitely recommended. :)

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm not really playing games, but right now I'm playing The Binding of Isaac. Classic, Rebirth with both expansions, and Antibirth.

R

RenRei00

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth Hacker's Memory. PS Vita version =D

IamTheSovereign

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I cycle through many as I finish them.

Currently, I'm with Zelda: The Minish Cap, Pokemon X, YuGiOh: Nightmare Troubadour, Hyrule Warriors, Fire Emblem Heroes, Kingdom Hearts, Project M, Pokemon Yellow, Digimon World Dawn, Zelda: Skyward Sword, Pokemon Gold, Fire Emblem Warriors, and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.

I'm very busy XD

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Currently alternating between Xenoblade 2, Mario Odyssey, Sonic Mania, both Digimon Cyber Sleuth games, and I also went and picked up the original Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii U Virtual Console; as a first time player it's so far holding up well, but compared to its sequels the camera is frustrating.

I ought to play more of Hacker's Memory but I haven't even beaten the original Cyber Sleuth yet XD;

McGann

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yakuza 0. It's a blast!
You can beat people up by swinging around pushbikes, then start break dancing!

McGann

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Soul Calibur VI
Really feels like a return to form.
I'm enjoying the MISSION Campaign mostly, saving the STORY segments for after.
And I've missed creating characters in the CREATION mode. I can spent ages fiddling with the armour and settings to get it just right.
Even done a few Digimon characters :)

Last edited:

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've been working on Super Smash Bros. Ultimate since I got it around Christmas. I don't usually have anyone else to play with, so so far I've just done all of the Classic Modes, beaten World of Light, and created any Mii fighters based on characters whose costumes I have. Now I'm just trying to complete as many challenges as I'm able to.

Koharu Nanakura

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Jewelpet DS/3DS games

Kamen Rider Dragon Knight (DS game)

Kirby Canvas Curse

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth (I want to go back to playing it someday...haven't played it in over a year and am only at chapter 6)

GoodMU

Banned
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Minecraft! Today and always :)

McGann

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Finished the Spider-man DLCs a while ago. They were good value for the price.

Completed all the Soul Chronicles in Soulcalibur VI. I really liked hopping across the timeline to revisit the key moments in every character's story. Still on the fence if I'm gonna get the Season Pass. Price is a bit steep but I do wanna support the game, I would like some extra creation pieces, and getting 2B as a playable character is extremely tempting.

A little busy with other stuff right now, but I'm thinking of picking up the sub-stories in Yakuza Zero I never finished.

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
American Truck Simulator, and by extension its companion/predecessor Euro Truck Simulator 2.

Not normally the kind of thing I would play, but I happened to learn of an Optimus Prime mod and I got these games just for that. It's got a lot more depth than I was expecting and is surprisingly relaxing. And it's (sort of) been a good way of learning the rules of the road before I eventually learn to drive.