Western Vital Bracelet App Plans Announced

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
vitalbraceletlab00_march8_2021.png

A slightly abnormal update to a few Premium Bandai US pages means we seemingly have an idea what is going on with plans for the Vital Bracelet app in the west.

The pages for the original pre-order US pages for the White, Black, and Special have been updated with some new information (the current pre-order pages for them don't have the new text at the time of this post: White, Black, Special)

The new details are a single line that seems to provide two different bits of app info for the west:
The Japanese version APP will be released in around June 2021 and we are planning on the future release of the English version APP as well.

Taken at face value, it appears the plan is they'll just throw up the current Japanese app onto app stores in the west in (around) June, and in the future that'll be replaced/extended with a full English translation.

The current Japanese version of the app has been (generally) easy enough for people to use, so it should be good enough while the wait for a full English interface is being worked on. (Although it isn't very text heavy as is, so hopefully the wait will be short.)

The initial wave of US pre-orders is scheduled to ship in May.

Thanks to a few different people for sending this in.

Attachments

• vitalbraceletlab00_march8_2021.png
    vitalbraceletlab00_march8_2021.png
    65.2 KB · Views: 5,257

Sarabande__

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is fantastic news when the English version is released I might give my VB another go.

Kyapo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Finally! To be honest I wasn't expecting this ahah šŸ˜…

RoyalBrook

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh, color me surprised. Even if it is just the same app on both sides, does make things easier for people. Only real hope is that you can transfer the data easier so you can update the app with a bit less hassle. If not, I'll just keep my japanese app.

cool potato

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not surprised - As a lot of us expected.

Very happy news indeed!

I'm actually very comfortable with the current app. Hopefully this means that battle and raid features will be international.

Last edited:

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I might be more excited if they announce a version that doesn't have so much quality cut from it to make the $60 mark that it also feels like a cheap barebones product.
I would buy a premium more expensive version because I can see every corner they cut from what could have been a much better product, but as it is now I can't recommend this release to any of my English speaking friends

Onterriermon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I had really given up on this! Hopefully its possible to transfer my progress from the JP app, but I guess we will see

RoyalBrook

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I had really given up on this! Hopefully its possible to transfer my progress from the JP app, but I guess we will see
Same, if they don't, I"ll probably keep the JP app and rely on the internet and google translate. Put too much work in my digis to ditch em

Vankil

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wish i could be happy about this. My dark skin has made the VB incredibly frustrating to use

Darkrai848

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What I would hope is that in June those of us using the Japanese app with a US Bandai Namco ID will be able to transfer our data to the Japanese app in the US App Store. And that later that app will just update to be in English.

RoyalBrook

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What I would hope is that in June those of us using the Japanese app with a US Bandai Namco ID will be able to transfer our data to the Japanese app in the US App Store. And that later that app will just update to be in English.
Since they allowed us to use US IDs in the first place it's likely.... or at least I'm hopeful. At worst I think it might need like 2 devices to swap around with though

Darkrai848

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Since they allowed us to use US IDs in the first place it's likely.... or at least I'm hopeful. At worst I think it might need like 2 devices to swap around with though
Donā€™t think 2 devices would work because your bracelet can only be connected to one app account at a time. If for some reason logging in with your same account on the US release did not transfer your progress, it would not be the same account even if it was using the same Bandai Namco ID. And in that case would likely require a factory reset of the bracelet before you could link to the US account. That said I donā€™t see why progress would not transfer especially if they are first just releasing the Japanese app on the US store. That would imply it was connecting to the same servers, and that would mean that progress would transfer as normal.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well that's interesting. I figured we all could figure this was going to happen but glad to see it.

KhanadianGeek

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wish i could be happy about this. My dark skin has made the VB incredibly frustrating to use

I've got dark skin too. I'm having the Vital Bracelet worked on right now. When it's finished, it will be water proof, have a proper protective screen, and will also read dark skin. I'm documenting the process and the price of this endeavor. Stay tuned!

cool potato

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I've got dark skin too. I'm having the Vital Bracelet worked on right now. When it's finished, it will be water proof, have a proper protective screen, and will also read dark skin. I'm documenting the process and the price of this endeavor. Stay tuned!

Thats really exciting. I look forward to your update!!

RoyalBrook

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Donā€™t think 2 devices would work because your bracelet can only be connected to one app account at a time. If for some reason logging in with your same account on the US release did not transfer your progress, it would not be the same account even if it was using the same Bandai Namco ID. And in that case would likely require a factory reset of the bracelet before you could link to the US account. That said I donā€™t see why progress would not transfer especially if they are first just releasing the Japanese app on the US store. That would imply it was connecting to the same servers, and that would mean that progress would transfer as normal.
oh I meant to use the app transfer function. Since under -normal- circumstances they let you do that to swap phones

Geode

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes about time.