MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
booster9weregarurumonx_january12_2022.jpg
booster9monochromon_january12_2022.jpg

The Digimon Card Game Twitter has updated with card previews from Booster Set 9 X record. This time it's WereGarurumon X & Monochromon.

WereGarurumon X gets some very energetic and detailed artwork, where you can see the energy coming off him. Monochromon gets some fun art with boxes of meat.

Previous previews for Booster Set 9 X Record:
Pack Art & Monochrome Flip Art
Dukemon X & X-Antibody
Alphamon
Digitalize of Soul
KausGammamon
Greymon X
Okuwamon X
GrandisKuwagamon

Booster Set 9 X Record will be out on February 25th in Japan.

We have clean card images from Booster Set EX-02 Digital Hazard & Limited Card Set Online.

We have the first info for Booster Set 9 X-Record.

And images from previous Digimon Card Game releases:
Starter Decks 1, 2, and 3, and first 10 promo cards
Booster Set 1 New Evolution
Booster Set 2 Ultimate Power
V-Tamer Promo Cards
Purple/Black Promo Set
Tamer Battle Pack 1 and Tamer Battle Winner's Card
Booster Set 3 Union Impact
Starter Decks 4, 5, & 6, plus Tamer Battle Pack 2 & winner's Card 2, & 1st 2 scene vote cards
Booster Set 4 Great Legend, Tamer Battle Pack 3, 3rd Scene Vote, Dark Digimon Promo Pack, & Apparel Cards
Booster Set 5 Battle of Omega, plus Tamer Battle Pack 4, 4th Scene Vote, & Vital Bracelet Pack-In Cards
Starter Decks 7 & 8, plus Delay Promos, Tamers Battle Pack 5, 1st Anniversary Promos, & Pulsemon
Booster Set 6 Double Diamond Cards, the 1st Anniversary Adventure Pack, and more
Booster Set EX-01 Classic Collection, plus Tamer Battle Pack 6 & 7, Tyranomon & dual Zeromaru Promo Cards
Booster Set 7 Next Adventure, Campaign Cards, & Tamers 20th Promo Cards
Starter Decks 9 & 10, plus Tamers Battle Pack 8, Ghost Game Promos, Online Promos, Tamers Evolution Box 1, & Amazon Starter Promos
Booster Set 8 New Hero, Starter Deck 11, plus Tamer Battle Pack 9 & Event Cards

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 7,628

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh? One of My favorite artists, Nakano Haito drew WereGarurumon X?! He looks too epic!
Old art of WereGarurumon X made me thinks he is a bit vampire wolf punk but the ears only made such big difference to this Antibody X design by giving him "real ears" (Bat ears?)

Come to think of it, I haven't realized all X Antibodies designs may be "spikier" but didn't wear any bandages or other things to look more edgy. WereGarurumon X's hands got that. Hmm MameTyramon have it, too. Very few X ones. Huh I'm seriously looking forward for Garurumon X and Gabumon X if drawn by that same artist.

Why Monochromon? Where is the X form version?

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's weird, it's not like Monochromon X doesn't exist. At least it's another reference to the character from World one. Who delivered that stock he's accepting?

And did the artist get told to draw monochromon x and drew the wrong one lol

Momentai

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It is indeed a weird choice. Unless there is also a Monochromon X incoming. Still unnecessary, but it is what it is. I like the picture though

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Monochromon
<Blocker>
[When Attacking] Lose 3 memory.

WereGarurumon X-Antibody
[This card can Digivolve from [WereGarurumon] for 0 memory]
[When Digivolving] Unsuspend this Digimon. Then, if this Digimon has [WereGarurumon] or [X-Antibody] in its digivolution cards, return 1 of your opponent's Lv.4 or lower Digimon to their hand.

Mattman324

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Monochromon
<Blocker>
[When Attacking] Lose 3 memory.
If you're not using it to attack this is still the best blocker Red has access to at that level though, right?

MechaMadness

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's actually just kinda worse then the Coredramon from the Red Starter Deck in alot of ways. Same play cost, same evolution cost, same DP, both have Blocker but Coredramon only loses you 2 Memory on Attack compared to 3 from Monochromon here. With that being said, Monochromon also happens to have another Red Blocker from BT-5, so I could see them using that to give Monochromon X more targets and a general Blocker focus. Would make alot more sense as to why this Monochromon is so bad on it's own if it's intended to be played alongside something else.

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There's a digimon behind Muchomon but I can't tell who.

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's actually just kinda worse then the Coredramon from the Red Starter Deck in alot of ways. Same play cost, same evolution cost, same DP, both have Blocker but Coredramon only loses you 2 Memory on Attack compared to 3 from Monochromon here. With that being said, Monochromon also happens to have another Red Blocker from BT-5, so I could see them using that to give Monochromon X more targets and a general Blocker focus. Would make alot more sense as to why this Monochromon is so bad on it's own if it's intended to be played alongside something else.
Playing devil's advocate here but this Monochromon is a Dual Colour which Coredramon from the Starter Deck ain't.

Of course as you say, we'll need to see the full line to get the full picture of what's going on.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It’s annoying how the early X antibodies often don’t even have any differences in battle capacity.

like I guess we can infer the blades on were x’s back give him lasers and flight like Sagittarius mode but it’s profile just says it’s twice as strong

on the other end of the spectrum Betamon’s profile barely says anything and you have to get the info that it’s extinct in the wild but the most popular Child Digimon Partner with Tamers from Betamon X’s profile

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It’s probably Gotsumon.

Yeah I remember... The customers were Gottsumon, Muchomon and Zassoumon. It's all I can remember...

Early X Antibodies? Battle capacity? Yeah... Tell that to Hououmon X... Just powered up battle technique sadly. Impmon X thinks himself removing the eyepatch to unleash something so powerful! It's just Summon with homing effect added.

I wonder what's up with Monochromon cards kept referring to DW1 only?

Mattman324

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
like I guess we can infer the blades on were x’s back give him lasers and flight like Sagittarius mode
Given that Alterous Mode's upgrade was also taken from the X form and has the same abilities as it, yes, that is indeed the assumption.