Was it explained where all the season 2 legion of gennai clones came from

Kingbeemon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We see in adventure 1 that gennai is last surviving member of the group of agents working for homeostasis.

In the span of season 1 we never see gennai travel to the real world.

Jump to season 2 old gennai reverts to his young form do to the effects on time from season 1. Then we see that there's gennai over the world helping digideatined all over the world. I'm assuming gennai made copies of himself to help out international digidestined.

Vice

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It’s possible that when the Digital World was reborn at the end of Adventure, that maybe the other Gennai’s were reborn with it. They later spread out to different parts of the world, and took on names and languages that the international Digidestined could relate too. I don’t think it was ever explained in canon to be quite honest with you lol.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
One of the CD dramas clarified that Gennai's "comrades" started appearing at some point before April 2001 and, from the wording used, they did so gradually. If it has something to do withe international chosen directly is unclear but in the same chapter its also mentioned that the number of international chosen have been increasing at the same time.
Who knows if that is still canon or could have any relevance to tri since that continuity already threw another CD drama from the same collection under the bus.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hmm? Which part from that collection was contradicted by tri already? (I'm not saying you're wrong, I just want to know what you're referring to.)

Kingbeemon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hmm? Which part from that collection was contradicted by tri already? (I'm not saying you're wrong, I just want to know what you're referring to.)
I'm not saying there's any contradictions im just curious if there origin and purpose was explained.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sorry, that was directed at Theigno.