Wada Kouji Digimon Memorial Best -sketch1- Scans

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
After the very limited Wada Kouji CD at DigiFes 2016, there is now a mass market release to celebrate his work on the Digimon franchise.

This is -sketch1-, it features the same tracklist as -sketch2- which was released at the same time, but features different artwork and a different color scheme on the release.

The embedded files are smaller JPGs from our gallery, so those shouldn't have any bandwidth issues. Click the images for big versions. All but one is JPG compressed.

The scans went relatively well, I also played around with filtering as I've been talking about in my own thread.

The CD was packaged in a CD-Album style case (the normal CD case most people are familiar with.)

The cover for this is great artwork by Watanabe Kenji, the longtime Digimon designer. The artwork is Taichi and Agumon in Kenji's signature style with a Butter-fly flying, with very nice scenery..

The cover is a front to a booklet.

It opens to an intro page featuring the same art and a track list

I didn't scan the full booklet because it's just lyrics on nearly all the pages, but I did one of them to show the theming.

The last page of the booklet shows credits for the release.

The back of the booklet shows the logo for the release along with the various show logos.

A scan of the disc itself.

It's very yellow. It's partially see thru and has a nice blue butter-fly on it.

Because this was a full CD case, it had some art under the tray which I cracked open.

It just uses the logo with the yellow butter-fly from the cover. Very subtle and nice.

The reverse side of this is the actual back cover of the CD case. It uses the butter-fly and some of the clouds from the font. There is a nice cleanness to it, which allows the butter-fly to have a nice focus.

On the left side of the case was an obi card.

Just the logo with some basic information and the UPC code here, along with a small version of the cover of -sketch2-

-sketch1- at some retailers included a bonus. It includes a rather large copy of the cover art printed on card stock.

It was almost the exact size of my scanner bed, so I did a nice high resolution scan of it. I'm still working on cleaning it up a bit better, but I've uploaded a massive version for now.

A nice collection of Wada Kouji Digimon music that celebrates all he did for the franchise well, but unfortunately not perfectly. Due to the legal issues involved nothing from Xros Wars is here, which is disappointing since he did quite a bit of music for Xros, and it was among some of his best.

Wada Kouji Digimon Memorial Best -sketch1- is still available at CDJapan (Affiliate Link.)

Lots of Digimon and Appmon stuff is coming out soon and donations would be appreciated so we can make sure we can continue to get Digimon materials to share with everyone.

The scans for -sketch2- can be found here.

This is the first full thing we've done that is being hosted on the gallery and embedded on the forum, so let us know if anything is acting up.

I tested some potential new filters on the cover and am including that version down here. Let me know what you think of the potential changes over in my thread.

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What retailer did you buy it from?

Spongebond

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That art kills me. In a it's so beautiful RIP Wada Kouji way.

Rohan

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I bought -Sketch 1- since I'm a sucker for nostalgia.

Just gotta wait until Monday for it to come~

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
and today is Wada-san's birthday...
:'(

Rohan

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
...And mine's finally arrived. Looking very good, can't wait to play it later. :)