VS Series Figure of Omegamon vs. Diablomon in Full Color! Plus Megahobby Expo Digimon Talk Tomorrow

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

It's been nearly 4 months since the figure was first teased!

Spinning out of the GEM and Precious GEM figure series is a new 'VS Series' of figures, and first up will be Digimon with Omegamon vs. Diablomon from Digimon Adventure: Our War Game. At the moment it appears they won't be using the GEM branding for this figure series.

This is our first look at the figure, and is a fully painted prototype.

Megahobby Expo 2020 Online has just begun, and with that is a display of many figures, including this new Digimon figure.

The figure is about 13.4 inches tall and shows off the moment near the end of the movie where Omegamon defeats Diablomon with his Grey Sword. There are various bits of added flair including the digital effect, a few Kuramon, and showing the sword go through Diablomon's clock also. In addition, the base is styled after the clock.

The figure is planned to be released in June 2021 for 24,500 yen.

Speaking of Megahobby Expo 2020...

The previously announced Digimon Talk will be a little over 24 hours from now. Hopefully the stream won't be geolocked so anyone who wants to can watch it.

They will be introducing the latest Megahouse Digimon figures. As previously announced the people there will be:
Chiaka Matsuzawa, host of various Digimon events and cameoed in tri.
Kenji Watanabe, longtime Digimon designer
the Megahouse planning manager (this is likely the same one who has shown up at a number of similar events, and has generally gone unnamed)

Previously it was hinted there would be someone else, and it's now been revealed to be Victory Uchida (an editor for V-Jump who often does things with connected brands.) Uchida has long been associated with Digimon, to the degree he appeared in Cyber Sleuth, including the ability to unlock his custom V headwear.

They also tease there may be a nice present/surprise.

The Omegamon vs. Diablomon figure was also shown off with 2 different 360 degree views. One from the side, one from slightly higher up. We've saved the images that made these up and embedded thumbnails of each image. Clicking the thumbnails take you to their fullsize equivalent.

Attachments

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow, that's insanely detailed. And honestly I like the matte style more than the usual glossy paintjob they do. I'm curious to see what other scenes we'll get; if there's one thing that I ever really liked out of the G.E.M. series, it was the vignettes rather than the character work.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Whoa damn epic statue. Never seen a certain statue showing a creature being killed before. Or already done before?

Looking forward for the next statue: Armagemon and Imperialdramon Paladin Mode and... GranLocomon overrunning. :/ my truest wishes!

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like the little Kuramons that come with it

Mugenlazlo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Connection terminated.

Brings back memories of Digimon: The Movie.

Tarama

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Every time I see this kind of figure, my hope always goes to other characters to get a chance even it's more unlikely since they are not Omegamon.

Magnamon and Rapidmon with Cherubimon. (Vice) (with half of Cherubimon's body becoming Virtue).
Imperialdramon PM with Armagemon (head only, because, we know...).

Not gonna lie, it's boring because it's Omegamon again but this figure looks fire. Change the pose, Diablomon and the base on the wall and we get that legendary pose.

DragonicEmperor

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Really cool statue.

Other clashes I can imagine is Armagemon and Imperialdramon PM, Megidramon/Dukemon vs Beelzebumon and Lucemon vs Susanoomon.

Something for Dukemon CM is probably going to be hard. I have a hard time imagining them being able to fit the entire D-Reaper onto a statue considering the size difference between it and Dukemon CM.

Wandering Tamer

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If they're doing more VS figures, I can't imagine them not doing LadyDevimon vs Angewoman.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That is a cool idea. It'll make a great statue to have.