Vital Hero Updates- Digivice V Programming and More Info

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
vitalhero1_june3_2022.jpg

With Vital Hero pre-orders open we are beginning to get more details.

First, pre-orders for those who missed them: (affiliate links)
Vital Hero Black
Vital Hero Blue
Dim Card Set v01- Volcanic Beat and Blizzard Fang
Dim Card Set v02- Infinite Tide & Titan of Dust
Dim Card Set v03- Hermit in the Jungle & Nu Metal Empire

Over on their Facebook, Bandai-Namco Play put up a decent bit of information that answers a bit about the Vital Hero (the same info was on Twitter, but heavily abridged), but does bring up a few new questions...
Digimon Fans are you ready for the US version of Vital Bracelet?! 👀😎

This new band is programed based on Digivice V, comes equipped with sleep mode, sensor improvement, multiple Digimon storage in band, is compatible with the app, has exclusive Dim card in blue band, and all the Dim card sets have different evolution patterns that you can't find in the Japan Dim cards.

Pre-order Vital Hero on Amazon today and get ready to train and battle your Digimon like never before!

Vital Hero is exclusive to the US and compatible with your Japan Vital Bracelet Dim cards, but the language will show up in Japanese vs English in our US bands and Dim cards. Your digital monster joins you as you complete missions and physical activities using a vital monitor link, allowing you to evolve, earn trophies, and battle your opponents. Two colors are launching now: Black and Blue, with Pulsemon in the black band and Gabumon in the blue band. We know you’ve been asking for the next evolution of play for Digimon, and this is it! Battle, evolve, train, and compete against your friends with Vital Hero.

But wait, there is more 😁 6 additional Dim cards in sets of 2 are up for grabs 🙌 to round out your Vital Hero Digimon collection

So the Hero itself uses the Digivice V programming with the quality of life improvements, which is what everyone hoped.

The mention of all Dim sets having different evolution paths will be interesting to see if that is accurate, or if they meant the 'new' Dim Cards, rather than the rerelease of the Japanese ones.

It also reiterates what had been mentioned by staff on social media, Japanese Dim Cards will work.

It also confirms a third color won't pop up immediately with the Dinosaur Roar Dim Card, so we'll see where that pops up.

The Vital Hero and 3 first Dim Card sets is scheduled to release on July 21st.

More to come!

Prior news on the Vital Hero can be found here and here.

An alternate version aspect ratio of the key art image...

vitalhero2_june3_2022.jpg

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 14,780

BlankShell

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh so Japanese cards show up in Japanese. I assume that works vice versa on older devices? I'm not going to buy the English cards, although if there's something new... will definitely be interesting to see how that plays out. Happy to hear it's got the V QOLs, so I pre-ordered Blue! I figure whatever the BE is won't show up for a while anyway.

Tetsuya Suoh

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's good, but I kind of wish they'd waited until the Vital Bracelet BE had been officially announced and that Hero was an Eng version of that so we could get them roughly the same time as Japan. Now, if only we had confirmation that ENG DIM card will work with Japanese VBs. There are many DIMs I haven been able to get yet, (in fact the only ones from the initial wave i did get are Blizzard Fang and Volcanic Beat) but I do have the Digivice V so the ENG DIM cards working in them would give me a second chance.
Also, is it just me or is the blue one in these images much darker than in the previous info? It looks much closer to the blue Digivice V

Last edited:

VamAngemon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just found at Humulos' what the roster is for the new DiMs and the fact that they are lesser versions of Mad Black Roar and True Shadow Howl with the canon line inserted seems very underwhelming to me.

Katsu Hikaru

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is good news will probably get this for my birthday honestly hope if the future they do an X antibody Dim card.

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This new band is programed based on Digivice V, comes equipped with sleep mode, sensor improvement, multiple Digimon storage in band, is compatible with the app, has exclusive Dim card in blue band, and all the Dim card sets have different evolution patterns that you can't find in the Japan Dim cards.
I did not expect to be buying this but I am BUYING THIS

Santaskid

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
miscommunication that said
english will work on JP
but JP wont work on English

I mean in theory I COULD see them having issues by not properly displaying names or something just cause you have a line of code for a name in Kana doesn't mean much if the device isn't able to render kana Since we've seen use of roman characters in many japanese products in the past... stuff like the X in Xantibody or often times reducing Blast Mode to BM for beelzebumon Blastmode means we know the Japanese models are programmed with an "english" characters.

But yeah seems there was miscommunication and thats why they deleted the tweet.

Calamity316

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So since dinos roar is gonna be separate y’all think wolfs howl eventually will to ? Cuz I don’t like that blue band at all

Santaskid

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So since dinos roar is gonna be separate y’all think wolfs howl eventually will to ? Cuz I don’t like that blue band at all
OK initially i said I'd assume so... and I'd love to see them do 2 versions of Dino Roar, one with each pack in dim card but then I realized a better sollution since that would be cruel towards the people who went insane and bought both.

3 Dim card cases - like Primeval Warrior and Dynasty of the Evil

Dino Roar + Case
Pulse City + Case
Wolf Howl + Case

This way they aren't jsut selling a single dim card on its own (gammamon or the EX2 solo stuff) But also allowing for people to get the other dim cards without needing a 2nd watch cause why do we need 2?

Ancient Warrior (XV) and Primeval Warrior(Sting) will likely be put in a set together it just makes sense

Though this brings up the quesion of how they will handle Dynasty of the Evil- based off the existing jp stuff at least they could of course pack it with a brand new dim card OR do a 4th case.

Last edited:

Ragnalord

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We are getting the hexeblaumon vb right?

Illu

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have a feeling that Dino Roar will come out in tandem with the reboot dub. A special Taichi Vital Hero. Maybe they'll completely skip over EX 1. I hope so, those DIMs were terrible. Terrible competitively, Spritework was bad and background was boring as hell.

CloneWarrior

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if the statement about the DIMs having new lineups applies to the three two-packs. We know already that the (Im)Pulse City lineup is unchanged.

DPTronazel

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Since Impulse got changed into Pulse, I feel like Dynasty of the Evil will become Dynasty of Darkness or Dynasty of the Dark.

Golden_Fate

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I still find it so interesting the word 'Digimon' doesn't look like it appears anywhere on the package.

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have a feeling that Dino Roar will come out in tandem with the reboot dub. A special Taichi Vital Hero. Maybe they'll completely skip over EX 1. I hope so, those DIMs were terrible. Terrible competitively, Spritework was bad and background was boring as hell.
mYxNVGA.png
WqgDLdC.png
YhPQYW3.png
279qcxO.png

but I love the mamemon sprites!

Illu

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
mYxNVGA.png
WqgDLdC.png
YhPQYW3.png
279qcxO.png

but I love the mamemon sprites!
For every Mamemon, theres a Parrotmon.

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For every Mamemon, theres a Parrotmon.
GTfMzrg.gif

what do you mean? This sprite work is amazing!

38izJZe.gif

wtf is this LMAO