Vital Bracelet Short 4- Be Strong With You

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It'd be weird for them to exclude Kazuchimon after all this buildup.
I think they will show Shroudmon first, to put emotional plot for the MC about Dark Evolution or something like that, before we get Kazuchimon.

Mon-Ohma

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
for a product I'm not a fan of, the cinematic shorts and seeing the Digimon rosters they come up with + new digimon reveals are honestly all super hype and nice things that came along with the VB. It does make the product seem way better than it actually is, though, evolving in battle and being able to fight your digimon against the rosters of other DIMs. I haven't tried raid battles or the app's online functions yet so I'm not sure how accurately those are depicted
you get finer details in the close-up shots to imply a degree realism but not the uncanny hyper realism of Detective Pikachu or the Sonic movie
that might also just be Western movie influence at play? It feels like Holywood really likes its hyper realistic live action adaptation CGs. The live action Transformers movies come to mind and I also think of the Pokemon 20th anniversary Super Bowl commercial that used models similar to the ones in the game rather than anything realistic

I tend to regard the X-Antis as the ‘hyper realism’ approach to Digimon.

Bancho

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think they will show Shroudmon first, to put emotional plot for the MC about Dark Evolution or something like that, before we get Kazuchimon.
what if Shroudmon turned back into a Digiegg and Mokumon became his main fighting Digimon for a bit? That would be interesting

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I tend to regard the X-Antis as the ‘hyper realism’ approach to Digimon.
See I don't agree with that assessment as X Antibody Digimon aren't anymore realistic than the regular ones, let alone the hyper realistic rendering Detective Pikachu or Sonic tried that clashed with actual character designs resulting in the aforementioned uncanniness.

Was has always been a mixture of design aesthetics, notably that of western comics, and the X Antibody Digimon are no exception. To quote Bogleech when starting reviewing them:
The X-antibody digimon were actually a pretty novel idea at the time; not only would they be variant forms of existing digimon, but they would be designed by a variety of new artists collected from the anime, manga and video game industry, who were told to redesign select digimon in any way they saw fit.
While there are elements of realism in the designs such as Tyrannomon X's posture, these aren't aren't anything we haven't seen in at least one non-X-Antibody Digimon such as Greymon in Xros Wars having the same posture as Tyrannomon X while also preceding it.

This means that any elements of realism included were more to make the Digimon look cooler rather as opposed to Jurassic World giving us feathered dromeosaurs specifically because dromeosaurs have been confirmed to have had feathers for decades:
Feathered_Dromeosaur

Last edited:

Mattman324

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
such as Greymon in Xros Wars having the same posture as Tyrannomon X while also preceding it.

And Xros Wars Greymon is just Movie Greymon in blue with a gun on its tail, because basically every Greymon after that movie had to reference it in at least one way.

HeatPhoenix

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
RizeGreymon looked extremely cool in this short. There aren't any DIMs with RizeGreyMon in them yet, right?

Ultimamon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
BlackWargreymon looks awesome here. Shame it's not an actual show.