"Vital Bracelet Series" Twitter & Website Opened with 7 Day Countdown

Eitaroutarouman

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Given the new VBs are non-Digimon stuff, I'd find it cool if they each had a special Digimon inspired by that series. Like a Kamen Rider VB having Justimon or Stingmon. I don't think we have an Ultra-mon, do we?

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mean, Omedamon was in the Reference Book for two whole days, that's not that unimpressive given that Yanmamon (which has been around the franchise since super early on) has only been in for like two weeks.

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mean, Omedamon was in the Reference Book for two whole days, that's not that unimpressive given that Yanmamon (which has been around the franchise since super early on) has only been in for like two weeks.
Uhhhhhh, Yanmamon got to stay while Omedamon has been deleted from it, as it was an April Fools joke. Literally. Yanmamon isn't.

HeavyLeomon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I dont want more omedamon cases, i find It stupid and unnecesary, they just show us a good digimon that lot of fans instantly love and then its get erased from the drb because It was a dumb joke.
If there are going to be new digimons based in other franchises make It a real one, not a simple "joke".

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well omedamon is playable in a game (rearise) and a vpet (the VB with his upcoming dim card). I'd say that's enough to be "canon"

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well omedamon is playable in a game (rearise) and a vpet (the VB with his upcoming dim card). I'd say that's enough to be "canon"
It's more or less an Easter Egg, as his Reference Book profile has been completely deleted for a reason. His Dim-card is also more or less a fun homage to another franchise, as Medabee is in it as well. And Medabee ain't a Digimon.

Remember; Omedamon's inclusion in ReArise was also on April 1st.

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's more or less an Easter Egg, as his Reference Book profile has been completely deleted for a reason. His Dim-card is also more or less a fun homage to another franchise, as Medabee is in it as well. And Medabee ain't a Digimon.

Remember; Omedamon's inclusion in ReArise was also on April 1st.

Tbf neither are eaters, or spiral, or digi-gnome, or a lot of lifeforms we've seen in Digimon but I guess all that matters is we keep him in our hearts.

And two pieces of media (three counting the DRB is more then like 75% of the Digimon roster!) more than Shoutmon X4K who has anime and DRB.

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Uhhhhhh, Yanmamon got to stay while Omedamon has been deleted from it, as it was an April Fools joke. Literally. Yanmamon isn't.

Is it an April Fool's joke that, say, Grandgeneramon still isn't in the DRB?

Because Omedamon may be a literal one day gag that they've used twice, but it's still more official in that respect than the main enemy of multiple episodes of Digimon Xros Wars.

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Because Omedamon may be a literal one day gag that they've used twice, but it's still more official in that respect than the main enemy of multiple episodes of Digimon Xros Wars.
Showcasing something a bit more has no bearing on canonicity.

One is clearly designed as a (popular) April Fools joke, while the other is just unlucky when it comes to time in the spotlight and media-attention. GrandGeneramon had gotten a nice Jintrix card with official art, though, so I bet he'll still get a profile somewhere in the future. ;)

I remember the Dot-Digimon from the DS games. They aren't really 'canon' for the whole franchise, either. And I doubt they'll ever get an official profile.

Last edited:

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
One is clearly designed as a (popular) April Fools joke, while the other is just unlucky when it comes to time in the spotlight.

But that's my point - does it matter if Omedamon's a joke, if it's a joke that still gets more focus than a whole bunch of actual Digimon? It's not a "full fledged Digimon" - but they've been willing to treat it as though it is one more times than they have a bunch of other things considered "full fledged Digimon".

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

One is clearly designed as a (popular) April Fools joke, while the other is just unlucky when it comes to time in the spotlight and media-attention. GrandGeneramon had gotten a nice Jintrix card with official art, though, so I bet he'll still get a profile somewhere in the future. ;)

I remember the Dot-Digimon from the DS games. They aren't really 'canon' for the whole franchise, either. And I doubt they'll ever get an official profile.

The DS games themselves give an official profile to the dot species tbf.

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

The DS games themselves give an official profile to the dot species tbf.
But it doesn't trascend that specific series.

@Mattman324 It's perfectly fine if it doesn't matter to you. I personally prefer 'real' Digimon above one-time fun/cross-over ones. With 'real' I mean Digimon that could theoretically appear in a lot more of their media without any kind of issue, and with an official profile. Digimon that stand on their 'own' as Digimon, not from another franchise, for example.