"Vital Bracelet Series" Twitter & Website Opened with 7 Day Countdown

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A Jellymon already exists. It’s the Baby I form of Terriermon.
Might be an actual Jellyfish this time, if we're lucky. ;)

I mean, we technically also have 2 Divermon (although one is dubbed).

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Ignoring inconsistent dubbing, there are two Golemon out there. But that's only a thing because they seem to have completely forgotten the World 1 Golemon exists.

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Ignoring inconsistent dubbing, there are two Golemon out there. But that's only a thing because they seem to have completely forgotten the World 1 Golemon exists.
Yeah, good point, though I personally think that DW 1 version went the way of the dodo, unfortunately.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hopefully if these are new franchises we at least get an “Omedamon” style character from each of them for Digimon, given that’s what started the platform.

Bigmameman623

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I found someone who tried to make something out of the pictures given, but looking into it, if the colors are meant to correlate with the Angora/Gamma/Jelly theme, then none of them really match up that well. Honestly, I'd guess that these are just new VB designs for the potential Digimon V or whatever the leak said it was, and that if the trio are Toku monsters then these colors don't really line up with at least the Kamen Rider Gammas or the Ultraman Angoras

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hopefully if these are new franchises we at least get an “Omedamon” style character from each of them for Digimon, given that’s what started the platform.
I honestly hope Omedamon was a one-time thing: Even his profile got deleted from the Reference-Book after april the 1st.

So, no more cross-overs for me; They aren't 'real', canon Digimon to begin with (or Omedamon's profile wouldn't have been deleted). Although there were some kind of cross-over rumours out there...

Anyway, we'll know this saturday it seems, right? On Digi-fest? So, big chances of there being some Digimon-related stuff among those bracelets. 'Be strong with (you)' was also a Digimon-VB motto.

Last edited:

zoosmell

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Could they be possible crossovers with other franchises with new Digimon we haven’t seen yet.

I think based on the leaks, could these be Gammamon, Angoramon, and Jellymon.

Oh? What ‘leaks’ are these, and are they in any way reliable? Or just the usual internet hearsay that is 9/10 just hot air?
As mentioned, they were first put up on a Malaysian website about a month ago. In the past couple days okini.land (a perfectly legitimate website afaia) also put up preorders for a bunch of new stuff, including the new Digivice V, Gammamon, the Jellymon and Angolamon set for Digimon (and a few other assorted things), and new VBs for Ultraman (& Tiga) and Kamen Rider (& Kuuga) plus Zero/Zetton & a Zero-One Hiden/Ark set. The malaysian site additionally had an Ex-Aid/Genm set, plus some more Digimon and Ultraman stuff but I can't recall them off the top of my head.
Notably all the Digimon stuff is releasing starting in October per okini-land's info, coinciding with the end of Colon and the start of whatever next series would be.
A Jellymon already exists. It’s the Baby I form of Terriermon.
That's ゼリモン. I believe the new guy is ジェリモン? Jellymon may not be its actual romanization

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
“Zeri” is the Japanese pronunciation of “jelly.” I don’t know why, but it is.

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mean if these things are anything serious those are probably placeholder names. I really doubt they'd name a Digimon after the country Angola. What would that design even be lol

Bigmameman623

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mean if these things are anything serious those are probably placeholder names. I really doubt they'd name a Digimon after the country Angola. What would that design even be lol
"Angora" is also the descriptor for long haired rabbits and hamsters so it could be one of those

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
“Zeri” is the Japanese pronunciation of “jelly.” I don’t know why, but it is.
In rare cases where Jellyfish is romanized and used instead of kurage, it is written "ジェリーフィッシュ" however.

It is suspicious that we'd have a second Jellymon, even if it's written in another language. However, we have two Bombmon and two Mercurymon so it's not entirely without precedent. Plus, if it was a jellyfish Kuramon is probably more well known than Zerimon/Jellymon.

EDIT: I looked into it and apparently the Zeri spelling is a marketing thing from when the confection was ported over directly from France instead of being anglicized and then translated into Japanese.

HeavyLeomon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
"Angora" is also the descriptor for long haired rabbits and hamsters so it could be one of those
In my country there are "angora Cats" wich are long haired cats. So angoramon could be any of those animals with long hair.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder how the fandom reaction would be if we DO get a 02-style sequel but with three totally new kids (presumably Gammamon, Angoramon, and Jellymon's kids) instead of the four ones from 02.

(It'd also really weird to have a Digivice V that isn't a reference to V-mon and Veedramon).

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
(It'd also really weird to have a Digivice V that isn't a reference to V-mon and Veedramon)
Well, it was V-mon who actually a reference to V-Pet, as well as V-dramon. Not the other way around.

Digivice V basically is just Digivice Virtual, or even simpler than that. It's just a letter like Z in Pendulum series. They need new name and letter V is very popular in the franchise.

Wait...

I start to think the sequel of Digimon Adventure: will be Digimon Adventure: V

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Curious. Let's hope at least a few of them are full-fledged Digimon, not one-time April Fools jokes like Omedamon.
So, no more cross-overs for me; They aren't 'real', canon Digimon to begin with (or Omedamon's profile wouldn't have been deleted)
when I brought up GreyWars and GaruruMetal I was meaning other franchises get characters within their universe inspired by Digimon characters, not us getting new digimon. Just like how Nanimon is a reimagining of the Tamagotchi character Oyajitchi within the context of the Digimon universe

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Curious. Let's hope at least a few of them are full-fledged Digimon, not one-time April Fools jokes like Omedamon.
So, no more cross-overs for me; They aren't 'real', canon Digimon to begin with (or Omedamon's profile wouldn't have been deleted)
when I brought up GreyWars and GaruruMetal I was meaning other franchises get characters within their universe inspired by Digimon characters, not us getting new digimon. Just like how Nanimon is a reimagining of the Tamagotchi character Oyajitchi within the context of the Digimon universe
The thing is; Nanimon is a 'canon' Digimon, while Omedamon has been stripped from the Reference Book and is more or less a special case.

That's why I doubt all of the 'cross-over' Vital Bracelet characters will be Digimon to begin with.

The Chaos Entity

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The thing is; Nanimon is a 'canon' Digimon, while Omedamon has been stripped from the Reference Book and is more or less a special case.

That's why I doubt all of the 'cross-over' Vital Bracelet characters will be Digimon to begin with.

I think Mynor’s point is that they hope to see Digimon characters reimagined in other worlds, in the way Nanimon and Omedamon are (canon-or-not) Tamagotchi and Medabots characters as Digimon, and GreyWars, GaruruMetal, and the much older OmegaKnight are Digimon characters as Medabots.

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
yes, I'm not saying any new characters who are actually Digimon but instead are simply inspired by our franchise in the case that Nanimon was never called a Tamagotchi character but was inspired by that franchise.
However, I would still be super happy if we got a new Digimon even if it isn't canonized

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
yes, I'm not saying any new characters who are actually Digimon but instead are simply inspired by our franchise in the case that Nanimon was never called a Tamagotchi character but was inspired by that franchise.
However, I would still be super happy if we got a new Digimon even if it isn't canonized
Aaah, my mistake, fair enough!