Vital Bracelet Lab Available on Google Play & Apple App Store

Darkrai848

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The app is fun and useful if you need a boost, but if you plan to play with this a bunch, the benefits are minimal. You can have fun without the app, granted I learned this by thoroughly using the app.

Honestly, I'm going to intentionally stay away from the app.

It was tough to download and now it requires an update to use. So if youve got digimon in storage on the app theyll be locked in without the update.

But a phone with NFC is worth having to generate battles easily.
You don't even need the app to install a single DIM, right?

Me waiting for ZenMarket to ship mine and going to pay out the wahzoo for it.
Sorry if this has been answered before. I am thinking about downloading VB Lab but not linking it to a BNID (I have one but its not Japanese) and then deleting the app to try linking it if it ever gets international support. Would anything be lost by doing this? I just want to be able to store digimon and collect special missions but I don't want to lose months worth of work if English support is added.

You would probably lose whatever data you had on the app, since the point of linking is to backup that information on the app.

But thats really all that would be at risk.

Its too early to tell if the device will be able to connect to an international version of the app after using the japanese version - since that would require us to have an international version of the app to test it out on.

Makes sense. If we don't hear anything else by US release maybe I will go ahead and learn some Japanese. Reading the english translation lab guide from Humulos and it seems like you can change BNID that links to the account but I guess its too early to know if you can change to an account with a different region.
I have read on Reddit that some people have been able to login to the Japanese app using a US Bandai Namco ID. Tho apparently only US and Japanese ones work with other countries still being locked out. Tho I have not tried this myself as I have an iPhone and only plan to jump thru the hoops of making a Japanese iTunes account if we end up not getting a US app.

cool potato

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Apparently my phone is not compatible? Despite running android 10.

I know that nfc is required to use the app's communication features with the VB - is it also considered a download requirement?
My phone does not have NFC and i was able to go in the app. So it is not related to the NFC.

Thanks for confirming - not sure what the issue would be then.

Oh well. This isn't the phone I plan on using for running the app anyways (obviously since it's lacking nfc). I've purchased a cheap nfc device that hopefully doesn't run into the same issue.

It seems to me that it's not available for download in Canada - that's the reason my devices are "not compatible"

Has anyone in Canada had any luck?

Guess I'll have to wait for the apk to make it's way onto the web.

I'm in Canada using a Galaxy S8+ and I'm also getting the "device not compatible" error. I've tried on both Japanese Google Play and Qooapp as someone else suggested, both give the same incompatible error. My phone does have NFC.

This will be extremely disappointing if I can't even use this vital bracelet because my 2017 phone is apparently incompatible :/

Just so you know, the VB is extremely useable without the Vital Lab. I have yet to connect my VB to the app because im hopeful we will get a global release closer to when the P-Bandai shipments ship out. You can use 90% of the functions of the VB without utilizing the NFC features.
Can you store Digimon with out the app? If not how can you use more then one dim? Or can you store them on the dim or something?

You get 2 digimon in the watch at a time. The backup feature is just like modern vpet (the DMX, PenZ).

So 2 dims at once. If you want to use a 3rd dim you'd pick a dim to overwrite.

The app offers additional storage.

I meant the Special Missions, Extra Storage, and ability to easily trigger battles for evolution as the extra "10%" lol, but yeah I guess you could do the 500 step mission over and over to trigger battles as well.

The NFC battles aren't triggered by the app. Anything that can send an nfc signal can trigger those.

Ive been having fun experienmenting with that: 3ds, tamagotchi 4u, switch etc.

Has it been confirmed that "anything" with a NFC signal will trigger battles? I havent had mine long enough to experiment. I was wondering if something like a Nintendo Switch would be able to trigger the battles.

From my limited experiments it seems to work with anything that is sending an nfc signal.

I tried the amibo screen on smash 3ds and the two talked but did not trigger a battle. Since the 3ds was trying to recieve the signal of an amibo.

My 4U worked only once after over a dozen times. I was able to trigger it by sending a greeting. It worked on my english patched 4u and not my unpatched japanese device.

Me and my girlfriend's cell phones have triggered a battle every attempt.

Im excited to try the local transit and see if their nfc readers will trigger it.

This is good news! I kinda was coming around to Gabumon becoming Dokugumon but I will now experiment with different devices, I'm wondering if some of the NFC printing devices I have at work would trigger battles. (I'm excited to try everything)

Oh that's a neat idea. Report back when youve tried those - that sounds really interesting.

Got my Switch to trigger battles!!

ottersquid

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The app is fun and useful if you need a boost, but if you plan to play with this a bunch, the benefits are minimal. You can have fun without the app, granted I learned this by thoroughly using the app.

It was tough to download and now it requires an update to use. So if youve got digimon in storage on the app theyll be locked in without the update.

Sorry if this has been answered before. I am thinking about downloading VB Lab but not linking it to a BNID (I have one but its not Japanese) and then deleting the app to try linking it if it ever gets international support. Would anything be lost by doing this? I just want to be able to store digimon and collect special missions but I don't want to lose months worth of work if English support is added.

You would probably lose whatever data you had on the app, since the point of linking is to backup that information on the app.

Its too early to tell if the device will be able to connect to an international version of the app after using the japanese version - since that would require us to have an international version of the app to test it out on.

Makes sense. If we don't hear anything else by US release maybe I will go ahead and learn some Japanese. Reading the english translation lab guide from Humulos and it seems like you can change BNID that links to the account but I guess its too early to know if you can change to an account with a different region.
I have read on Reddit that some people have been able to login to the Japanese app using a US Bandai Namco ID. Tho apparently only US and Japanese ones work with other countries still being locked out. Tho I have not tried this myself as I have an iPhone and only plan to jump thru the hoops of making a Japanese iTunes account if we end up not getting a US app.
Not only that, but I've transferred my data (with US BNID) to a new phone and it's a simple login. All my data from the old phone shows up on the new one, simple and clean process. I feel like the transfer to a US or English app will be seamless.

RoyalBrook

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Not only that, but I've transferred my data (with US BNID) to a new phone and it's a simple login. All my data from the old phone shows up on the new one, simple and clean process. I feel like the transfer to a US or English app will be seamless.
I hope so because I uh.... used a japanese bnid because I thought I'd need to. Hopefully that won't cause me suffering

edit: well I'll be danged, I ended up apparently missing something while linking accounts, and only made the account, so new email made, and tadah, now I'm linked with an NA bandai namco ID

Last edited:

Onterriermon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I hope so because I uh.... used a japanese bnid because I thought I'd need to. Hopefully that won't cause me suffering

edit: well I'll be danged, I ended up apparently missing something while linking accounts, and only made the account, so new email made, and tadah, now I'm linked with an NA bandai namco ID

These are positive developments. No luck with Canadian BNID yet but otherwise everything is ready to go for when VB arrives

Vittorini

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That’s what I was thinking. Thank you !

Vittorini

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That’s even better ! Thank you so much for your help ! :D

ProdigiousPlays

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Since it seems we can use US IDs I was going to work on installing it while I wait. Is there a guide or anything for how to navigate the app yet or is it easy enough without one?

RoyalBrook

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Since it seems we can use US IDs I was going to work on installing it while I wait. Is there a guide or anything for how to navigate the app yet or is it easy enough without one?
I know humulos has a basic guide on their site here https://humulos.com/digimon/vbdm/manual/
not sure of any others but I also have used google lens to translate a lot of things by screenshot as I need.
I also just found this video that could help out too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ggxnq8V4J6k
I hope this helps

cool potato

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There are a few videos on youtube. Although I think it's pretty easy to navigate.

I used a translation app to translate the tutorial.

ProdigiousPlays

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thanks cool potato and RoyalBrook. I'll be sure to check them out when I'm not at work. 😁

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I know that nfc is required to use the app's communication features with the VB - is it also considered a download requirement?
My phone does not have NFC and i was able to go in the app. So it is not related to the NFC.

Oh well. This isn't the phone I plan on using for running the app anyways (obviously since it's lacking nfc). I've purchased a cheap nfc device that hopefully doesn't run into the same issue.

It seems to me that it's not available for download in Canada - that's the reason my devices are "not compatible"

I'm in Canada using a Galaxy S8+ and I'm also getting the "device not compatible" error. I've tried on both Japanese Google Play and Qooapp as someone else suggested, both give the same incompatible error. My phone does have NFC.

This will be extremely disappointing if I can't even use this vital bracelet because my 2017 phone is apparently incompatible :/

Just so you know, the VB is extremely useable without the Vital Lab. I have yet to connect my VB to the app because im hopeful we will get a global release closer to when the P-Bandai shipments ship out. You can use 90% of the functions of the VB without utilizing the NFC features.
Can you store Digimon with out the app? If not how can you use more then one dim? Or can you store them on the dim or something?

You get 2 digimon in the watch at a time. The backup feature is just like modern vpet (the DMX, PenZ).

I meant the Special Missions, Extra Storage, and ability to easily trigger battles for evolution as the extra "10%" lol, but yeah I guess you could do the 500 step mission over and over to trigger battles as well.

The NFC battles aren't triggered by the app. Anything that can send an nfc signal can trigger those.

Has it been confirmed that "anything" with a NFC signal will trigger battles? I havent had mine long enough to experiment. I was wondering if something like a Nintendo Switch would be able to trigger the battles.

From my limited experiments it seems to work with anything that is sending an nfc signal.

I tried the amibo screen on smash 3ds and the two talked but did not trigger a battle. Since the 3ds was trying to recieve the signal of an amibo.

My 4U worked only once after over a dozen times. I was able to trigger it by sending a greeting. It worked on my english patched 4u and not my unpatched japanese device.

Im excited to try the local transit and see if their nfc readers will trigger it.

This is good news! I kinda was coming around to Gabumon becoming Dokugumon but I will now experiment with different devices, I'm wondering if some of the NFC printing devices I have at work would trigger battles. (I'm excited to try everything)

Oh that's a neat idea. Report back when youve tried those - that sounds really interesting.

Haha! I meant to write back that I too got my switch to trigger battles while loading Animal Crossing Amiibos, feels like anything with NFC will trigger one tbh

So you all are saying I can load up the VLab with my NA ID and I will most likely be able to seamlessly transfer to the Global App when it released (IF there will even be a whole different app)

I only ask because I'd like to do the online Battles with my CresGarurumon when they are available!

Darkrai848

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Haha! I meant to write back that I too got my switch to trigger battles while loading Animal Crossing Amiibos, feels like anything with NFC will trigger one tbh

So you all are saying I can load up the VLab with my NA ID and I will most likely be able to seamlessly transfer to the Global App when it released (IF there will even be a whole different app)

I only ask because I'd like to do the online Battles with my CresGarurumon when they are available!
We really don’t know, the fact that they are letting people sign in with a US BNID would suggest that it should be fine. But for all we know using the Japanese app may lock you out of using a global one if it gets released. At this point there is no way to know. My plan is to wait till the ones from US premium Bandai ship out in may, if there is no info by then there likely won’t ever be.

Alarstor

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope they release a better version of the vital bracelet, the current iteration is just not good enough. I mean for a vital bracelet that you are suppose to wear all the time, it's not even waterproof.

It is also have a buggy connection with its companion app at the moment and no English version of the app available.

😕I wish it's a better product, and I would have brought one if not for these downsides.