Vital Bracelet Lab Available on Google Play & Apple App Store

cool potato

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Apparently my phone is not compatible? Despite running android 10.

I know that nfc is required to use the app's communication features with the VB - is it also considered a download requirement?
My phone does not have NFC and i was able to go in the app. So it is not related to the NFC.
Thanks for confirming - not sure what the issue would be then.

Oh well. This isn't the phone I plan on using for running the app anyways (obviously since it's lacking nfc). I've purchased a cheap nfc device that hopefully doesn't run into the same issue.
It seems to me that it's not available for download in Canada - that's the reason my devices are "not compatible"

Has anyone in Canada had any luck?

Guess I'll have to wait for the apk to make it's way onto the web.
I did end up sucessfully installing the app via another app called quooapp.

For any of my fellow Canadians that were wondering.

ottersquid

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd almost rather wait until the app is officially released in my language/region to avoid any complications in resetting or transferring data

Umaro

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've heard you do lose all your Dim Cards permanently if you reset the watch, so yeah, we'd be stuck with the JP one if we can't transfer.

ottersquid

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I already went to Bandai of America's support page and requested product support, specifically asking them for a u.s. release on the Google play store of the lab app. I downloaded the JP version and you get a free Pulsemon, so I'm wondering if I can transfer that to my VB instead of using any DIM so I can play around with it while I wait.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I already went to Bandai of America's support page and requested product support, specifically asking them for a u.s. release on the Google play store of the lab app. I downloaded the JP version and you get a free Pulsemon, so I'm wondering if I can transfer that to my VB instead of using any DIM so I can play around with it while I wait.
You bought Japanese stock, Bandai USA have nothing to do with it. They're not going to launch an app for something that, as far as Bandai are concerned, was bought by a Japanese person.

ottersquid

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You bought Japanese stock, Bandai USA have nothing to do with it. They're not going to launch an app for something that, as far as Bandai are concerned, was bought by a Japanese person.
I will put money on it being the exact same hardware in the exact same packaging. The premium bandai page states that all products are Japanese version only. Also, when they do the announcements, they make note of the "surprising" amount of non-japanese, English speaking viewers. They know where their products are going. Not to mention the mass of overseas shipping on the current release for Amazon Japan. They are likely aware of this.

Last edited:

cool potato

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If there are plans to develop support for the app in regions outside of Japan, they will already be set into motion.

These kinds of things are planned well in advance. No use bothering support. Just be patient.

ottersquid

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If there are plans to develop support for the app in regions outside of Japan, they will already be set into motion.

These kinds of things are planned well in advance. No use bothering support. Just be patient.
Yeah I know, I just thought I would throw in my half of a cent to let them know we are here. They have mentioned being open to any and all input and the youtubers in direct contact have supported letting bandai know. so I think it's a good thing to do, to give them emails so there's a record.

Last edited:

Kyapo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm wondering the exact same thing! If anyone knows something please share!

Darkrai848

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm wondering the exact same thing! If anyone knows something please share!
I contacted them a week ago and was told a US version of the app was still being considered, but would be released at a later time if they decided to make one. I then write back to ask if they could at least put the Japanese version on the US App Store as iPhone users can’t install it via APK, but have not heard back yet.

Last edited:

Kyapo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I contacted them to the a week ago and was told a US version of the app was still being considered, but and would be released at a later time if they decided to make one. I then write back to ask if they could at least put the Japanese version on the US App Store as iPhone users can’t install it via APK, but have not heard back yet.
We'll just have to wait and see! Best of luck to all!

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just deleted a ton of posts.

If you want to have arguments that there is no reason to have, you're welcome to take it to PMs.

digimon kaiser

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You could always create a jp iTunes/play store account if necessary

Acadow

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I know that nfc is required to use the app's communication features with the VB - is it also considered a download requirement?
My phone does not have NFC and i was able to go in the app. So it is not related to the NFC.

Oh well. This isn't the phone I plan on using for running the app anyways (obviously since it's lacking nfc). I've purchased a cheap nfc device that hopefully doesn't run into the same issue.
My phone also doesn't have nfc, what device did you get?

cool potato

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

My phone also doesn't have nfc, what device did you get?
I purchased a google pixel. It was busted up and couldnt read sim cards so I got it for really cheap. Paid 45 CAD.

trunks182

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

It seems to me that it's not available for download in Canada - that's the reason my devices are "not compatible"

I'm in Canada using a Galaxy S8+ and I'm also getting the "device not compatible" error. I've tried on both Japanese Google Play and Qooapp as someone else suggested, both give the same incompatible error. My phone does have NFC.

This will be extremely disappointing if I can't even use this vital bracelet because my 2017 phone is apparently incompatible :/

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I'm in Canada using a Galaxy S8+ and I'm also getting the "device not compatible" error. I've tried on both Japanese Google Play and Qooapp as someone else suggested, both give the same incompatible error. My phone does have NFC.

This will be extremely disappointing if I can't even use this vital bracelet because my 2017 phone is apparently incompatible :/
Just so you know, the VB is extremely useable without the Vital Lab. I have yet to connect my VB to the app because im hopeful we will get a global release closer to when the P-Bandai shipments ship out. You can use 90% of the functions of the VB without utilizing the NFC features.

cool potato

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Just so you know, the VB is extremely useable without the Vital Lab. I have yet to connect my VB to the app because im hopeful we will get a global release closer to when the P-Bandai shipments ship out. You can use 90% of the functions of the VB without utilizing the NFC features.
The VB isnt reliant on the app at all. You can use 100% of the functions of the vb without the app.

The app has some nice extras. But the only additional content it adds to the vb are the special missions. And I doubt very many people give a hoot about that.

Darkrai848

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Can you store Digimon with out the app? If not how can you use more then one dim? Or can you store them on the dim or something?

cool potato

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Can you store Digimon with out the app? If not how can you use more then one dim? Or can you store them on the dim or something?
You get 2 digimon in the watch at a time. The backup feature is just like modern vpet (the DMX, PenZ).

So 2 dims at once. If you want to use a 3rd dim you'd pick a dim to overwrite.

The app offers additional storage.