Vital Bracelet BE- Images, Details, New Non-Digimon Franchises, Dim Cards Replaced?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
vb_be1_june15_2022.jpg

After various teasers, we have details on the Vital Bracelet BE.

These are early and we expect more details shortly.

First up, is the physical devices. They look very close to the prior VBs, with the wildest difference at a glance being the clear white and smoke color schemes.

We also have a promo...

The promo shows off a few things, including that Digimon expansion will be under 3 brands- Digimon Adventure, Digimon Ghost Game, and the general "Digital Monster'.

The various promo images are mostly expansions of what we've seen before, and they have secondary pages for English.

vb_be2_june15_2022.jpg

The first involves walking and training (since exercising causes evolution or meeting based on the franchise.)

vb_be3_june15_2022.jpg

Then the next continues that, and also details water resistance.

vb_be4_june15_2022.jpg

Then we get details of what we saw the other day, with character abilities changing based on your own exercise and training. It also mentions the previously announced worldwide battle app.

vb_be5_june15_2022.jpg

The application gets a placeholder with it mentioning it is coming soon.

Then the pseudo twist which you may have noticed from the video...
vb_be6_june15_2022.jpg

It appears the new Vital Bracelet BE does not use Dim Cards, but rather new cards called 'BE Memory' (BEX for short?)

But, based on a tweet promo for Dim Set V3 & the promo video, Dim Cards are compatible with the BE. So likely a case of Dims working on the new BE, but BEX not working on the legacy Vital Bracelet and Digivice V. The promo video also mentions the non-Digimon legacy VBM cards apparently work (they did work on Digimon Vital Bracelets, with some compatibility oddities.)

In addition to Digimon they are adding some other brands to the BE:
Demon Slayer
My Hero Academia
Tokyo Revengers

Update- Press info confirms a standalone Gammamon BEX will be released at some point, no further details than just that it's going to come out.

Update- The labeling for the new cards may not be BEX. May just be an oddly placed signifier before the brand labels.

Possibly BEs or BEMs (for BE Memory). We'll see what they use for shorthand once we start to see cards with Digimon and other brands.

One press bit even suggests they may 'still' call them DIMs (but just for Digimon?), which feels like it'll get confusing if they aren't compatible with the old VBs.

Update- Based on a photo of a display, they are indeed still called Dims, BE Dims I guess.

Update- And some clean images from the site...

be1_june15_2022.png
be2_june15_2022.png
be3_june15_2022.png

The clear BE with the 3 Ghost Game leads.

That looks to be it for now, but we'll see what pops up later in the day.

Lots more to come no doubt...

Update- A tweet from Digimon Web adds a few details related to what is above...

Confirmation that pre-existing Dim Cards can be used on the Vital Bracelet BE.

The Vital Bracelet BE has no restrictions on Dim Card usage.

Not mentioned in the tweet- The new BE cards may 'not' count as Dim Cards, so we will see what happens with those.

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 7,495
Last edited:

Bancho

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I love to see the return of transparent shows on technology, but come on neutral colors are so boring!
I love to see that the hardware has been updated to be more in-depth in terms of Digimon stats as well as the water resistance but I still feel like there's a lot of details I need to see before it's a hard buy. I'm very excited for the upcoming months of news, however

Noni

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was hoping for more details on what the abilities entail. The change from DiM Cards to this new type is a bit sudden.

BlankShell

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh I'm a sucker for clear electronics, those are nice. Looks maybe a little thinner, too? I didn't necessarily mind the bulk, but it's nice to have the option.

I'm wondering if the new app will be a replacement for the Lab, or a standalone thing entirely, which also brings up how the BE is going to interact with the Lab if at all. It definitely feels like they're leaving as much of the old iterations behind as possible. But really, it's all pretty exciting! Looking forward to more info.

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I figure DIMs will get retired at some point in favour of these news ones then.

Tetsuya Suoh

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
When they say "no restrictions on DIM Card usage," do they mean that we fan finally pair the same DIM card to multiple VBBs?

I wonder when pre orders open

I was hoping for a much wider variety of colors, like red, yellow, and pink, but clear is cool too.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So I think that's it, the Digivice VV may be required to evolve further to Ultimate form in Ghost Game.

If Digivice V is a Ghost Game equivalent of Vital Bracelet, then Digivice VV is a Ghost Game's Vital Bracelet BE.

sappyfoo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And with the announcement of this, the English localization vital hero is now dead before that even released. I don’t even understand why they even did the vital hero. The only new thing about it is the combined agumon and gabu dims with their black forms and the dims showing English names in the device. Oh and sleep function BUT with reversion to the dims locking Tina single device. I have the VBDM and the V. I’m skipping this. Honestly? They should have just scrapped the Vital hero and announced the vital hero as the BE with English. What’s the point? I’m passing on the vital hero for sure now.

Kiiro

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ahh, I really hope they at least wait for a while before getting rid of DiMs because I just bought a VB this year...
However, the updates on this device are quite welcome! I like it a lot. (I hope the app they're planning is playable with just the VB too though, I'd hate it if they trashed the VB line altogether)

TheImpster

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This looks so cool! Damn, 2022 is making my wallet bleed! Hopefully it's not too expensive

Artzei

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hopefully these will be reasonably priced whenever they launch, probably later this year or, which i prefer, sometime next year. At least that way we still get some time with current VBs and Dims.

Bancho

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The only new thing about it is the combined agumon and gabu dims with their black forms and the dims showing English names in the device. Oh and sleep function BUT with reversion to the dims locking Tina single device
it claims to work for skin tones other than white so it at least has that

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The brand Digimon Adventure in the promo could be 8 Dims of Adventure partners or the human characters of the series. Or both.

I mean, the human characters of Adventure have their mini form (Adventure movie), elementary school form (Adventure series), junior high school form (Adv 02), senior high school form (Adv tri.) and their college form (Adv LEK).

Blitzkerg

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have the VBDM and the V. I’m skipping this. Honestly? They should have just scrapped the Vital hero and announced the vital hero as the BE with English. What’s the point? I’m passing on the vital hero for sure now.
This, I was on the fence about Vital Hero as I already have the OG VB and the Digivice V, but I like to support English releases to encourage the products.... but now DEFINITELY going to get one of these upgrades, so definitely won't need the Vital Hero now.. Waiting to see if they'll release the unique English version DiMs separately. We can hope. It was probably just unfortunate timing of them trying to get the Vital Hero out overseas and planning this upgrade also for the JP market. They might have meant to get Vital Hero out earlier but had trouble with that. Or, they still see the non-JP market as completely separate from the "main" market and thus don't even consider the timing of the "main" line of products with the "overseas" line... wish they would focus on international availability already.. Bandai is so outdated.. meanwhile we are still missing like 5 DiM cards from the US P-Bandai site.. sigh.

Can't wait to see what that 25th anniversary edition is about... might hold out on buying a BE until we know.. such exciting news!! My wallet ;-;

iseeknight

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
is there some way for me to keep updated and preorder this as soon as it's available? i'm super excited to have a workout buddy

TheImpster

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
is there some way for me to keep updated and preorder this as soon as it's available? i'm super excited to have a workout buddy
Check out with the will everyday

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have the VBDM and the V. I’m skipping this. Honestly? They should have just scrapped the Vital hero and announced the vital hero as the BE with English. What’s the point? I’m passing on the vital hero for sure now.
This, I was on the fence about Vital Hero as I already have the OG VB and the Digivice V, but I like to support English releases to encourage the products.... but now DEFINITELY going to get one of these upgrades, so definitely won't need the Vital Hero now.. Waiting to see if they'll release the unique English version DiMs separately. We can hope.
If I were to guess, probably not. As far as I'm aware you can't get Pulsemon's or Exveemon's DiMs separately, so more than likely the same will apply to the Vital Hero DIMs. You could buy them second hand, but at that point you may be better off just buying the Vital Hero itself as they jack up the prices.

Tetsuya Suoh

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This, I was on the fence about Vital Hero as I already have the OG VB and the Digivice V, but I like to support English releases to encourage the products.... but now DEFINITELY going to get one of these upgrades, so definitely won't need the Vital Hero now.. Waiting to see if they'll release the unique English version DiMs separately. We can hope.
If I were to guess, probably not. As far as I'm aware you can't get Pulsemon's or Exveemon's DiMs separately, so more than likely the same will apply to the Vital Hero DIMs. You could buy them second hand, but at that point you may be better off just buying the Vital Hero itself as they jack up the prices.
It's so irritating that the Pulsemon DIM isn't available separately. I skipped the original Vital Bracelet and went straight to the Digivice V, got the 'free' Pulsmon when I downloaded the app, and now it's just sitting there, taking up a storage capsule because there's no way to get it into the VB without the DIM.

cool potato

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's so irritating that the Pulsemon DIM isn't available separately. I skipped the original Vital Bracelet and went straight to the Digivice V, got the 'free' Pulsmon when I downloaded the app, and now it's just sitting there, taking up a storage capsule because there's no way to get it into the VB without the DIM.
I'm surprised Impulse City isn't being sold separately at this point.

I feel like Bandai considers it an exclusive for anyone who was an early adopter of the vital bracelet - which I do appreciate to some extent.