Various V-Jump Updates- Appmon, tri. part 3, Linkz, D-Ark

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Lots of little updates (no big news) on a few things from the newest V-Jump (the August issue.)

Some of this is stuff we knew, some isn't, some simply gives new context to things we already knew.

Image Thumbnail

They mention that, at least at the beginning, 'evolution' in Appmon will be via App Fusion (this seemed obvious based on the early promotional stuff, but nice to know it officially.)

They also give general overviews on the App Drive, the Appmon chips (how they get inserted into the Drive and the Applink.)

On to the second page!

Image Thumbnail

Appmon will have a booth at the Jump Victory Carnival.

The 3DS game will haev a 'Deck Battle RPG', and in the game they specify that 'All' the Appmon Chips will be available.

You will get Appmon Chips in the game by scanning QR codes on various products.

If you register chips (and other products?) you'll have chances to win rare Appmon Chips.

Page 3
Image Thumbnail

Various details about the 15th D-Ark.

You'll be able to evolve to Kuzuhamon Miko Mode and Megidramon.

When your Digimon evolve, the evolution text from the anime will appear onscreen.

Leomon and Cyberdramon will be available as partners.

They respecify ordering will begin July 22nd.

Page 4
Image Thumbnail

They restate the formation of the 65 cards: 59 cards will be reprints, 2 will be new, 2 will be 'original cards' with 'special illustrations', a red card, and a blue card.
They mention the book and the tin that we knew about and the order date of July 22nd.

Page 5
Image Thumbnail

Much of it is cut off, but it shows off HerculesKabuterimon and has a description about how this is MegaKabuterimon's form when he evolved to an Ultimate level.

There are also some small DigiFes details we already knew and how the latest tri. PV is on the website.

Page 6
Image Thumbnail

This just refers to an event starting on June 24th that will let you get Meicoomon in Linkz.

It also refers to some 'Mega Dungeon Quests' coming soon that'll feature BlackWarGreymon and VenomVamdemon. If you do enough dungeon levels you'll get materials to evolve to them.

Quite a nice spread of Digimon stuff in V-Jump this month.

Thanks to boku for sourcing the images, gaiou_mon for taking them, and Shin, as always, for translation help.

Nothing big, but lots of fun little things.

Not gonna close the prior threads since this is just a bunch of smaller news, but discuss wherever it makes sense to.

AiM&4

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nice news. Really happy for the new digimon stuff this month

miru

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wait... Kuzuhamon's got a miko mode now?

B-mon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Did we always know the D-Ark would get a July pre-order date? We still don't know the price yet; the Takato tin has a price, but not the D-Ark itself...

Yume

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The "EVOLUTION" text on the Digivice 15th is an awesome addition. Can't wait to see the promo video. Has its price been revealed yet?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Did we always know the D-Ark would get a July pre-order date? We still don't know the price yet; the Takato tin has a price, but not the D-Ark itself...
We knew the date.

I don't recall if we knew the price, but when you consider the last 2 were identical in price (in all their forms), we safely 'knew' even if it wasn't official. But it is nice to know if officially if we didn't.

Has its price been revealed yet?
It's 9,900 yen ($95 at current exchange rate... which has been crashing significantly lately, which means we pay more for imported goods.)

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wait... Kuzuhamon's got a miko mode now?
She's had one since collectors I believe.
Indeed... V-Jump also used the exact same art as said collectors card.

It's nice to see that Maicoomon event for Linkz even if it's just about them finally adding new Digimon (well, at least one... It's already weird that they haven't increased the number at all since the game launched). Which means I'll get my hands on that Maicoomon model and I hope they include Meicrackmon too...

It's nice to see HerakleKabuterimon, we have the poster of course but this kind of not-super-polished-up art is generally closer to how it will appear animated... And I think the tri style fits it well; there are not too many changes from the existing toei art which makes sense since tri likes to make the designs spikier but you can't really get that much spikier than HerakleKabuterimon already is.

GrungeCat

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's nice that Leomon and Cyberdramon are available partners. It would also be nice to be able to get Lopmon and the others as well but I don't really recall exactly how the D-Arks function in that regard, as I haven't messed with my old one in well over a decade. Either way I'm very excited about the D-Arks even though I won't be getting one lol.

Is scanning QR codes pretty standard for 3DS games now, or is this something a bit more original to Applimon? It's certainly interesting to me, though I'm not sure how frustrating it might be to actually collect them all through that process.

CoDL

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is scanning QR codes pretty standard for 3DS games now, or is this something a bit more original to Applimon? It's certainly interesting to me, though I'm not sure how frustrating it might be to actually collect them all through that process.
Quite a few 3DS games are starting to use QR codes. Off the top of my head I can only think of Pokémon ORAS and Sun/Moon but I'm certain there are others as well.

That is some nice artwork of HeraclesKabuterimon.

Digimonuniverse

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Aw man lol, I was really hoping that they mention the other characters, like their name and background

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm really excited about Meicoomon being added to Linkz :) I hope from now on they'll add more Digimon and content!!

By the way, wasn't Sakuyamon Miko Mode instead of Kuzuhamon said to be on the D-Ark Ver.15th?? Or does this mean that we'll have both of them aboard?

Last edited:

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
By the way, wasn't Sakuyamon Miko Mode instead of Kuzuhamon said to be on the D-Ark Ver.15th?? Or does this mean that we'll have both of them aboard?
When the D-Ark was announced in the V-jump all we had was a silhouette. For obvious reasons the first assumption was that we were looking at Sakuyamon Miko Mode.
Of course it's still possible that both are included.

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Doc_k9

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Indeed this seems very interesting, some new things and curiosities also i liked the new mode of Kuzuhamon, will be very helpful indeed.

delta

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Except Kuzuhamon/Sakuyamon Miko Mode and the anime-accurate evolution screen, I don't find other changes made on D-Ark too attractive. In D-Power released years ago there have been the complete lines of evolution for Cyberdramon, Lopmon, Leomon, Guardromon and MarineAngemon as the player's partners...I hope they have much more to announce, otherwise it will be pretty suck that after so many years D-Ark still cannot have its content as rich as its Asian/European counterpart.

I am pretty happy that I can finally see the 'official' 24*32 sprite of BlackGalgomon, BlackRapidmon and BlackSaintGalgomon. The original D-Ark just don't have them included, so the makers of D-Gather made some original sprites for them to be shown in Digivice's database, and the sprite of BlackSaintGalgomon is quite different from that of SaintGalgomon...

And I do look forward for 24*32 D-Reaper sprites, if they are ever going to be included in the new D-Ark.

Last edited:

kkanbara

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Except Kuzuhamon/Sakuyamon Miko Mode and the anime-accurate evolution screen, I don't find other changes made on D-Ark too attractive. In D-Power we got the complete lines of evolution of Cyberdramon, Lopmon, Leomon, Guardromon and MarineAngemon as the player's partners instead of JUST Cyberdramon and Leomon...I hope they have much more to announce, otherwise it will be pretty suck that after so many years D-Ark still cannot have its content as rich as its Asian/European counterpart.

And I do look forward for 24*32 D-Reaper sprites, if they are ever going to be included in the new D-Ark.
I do get that & that's totally fair, but that's almost part of the magic -- that we have a chance to buy the same thing we missed out on 15 years ago

Arguably, for me anyways, that anime evolution sequence is worth it to get the whole new Digivice because that looks so cool haha. That's the one standout thing I was really liking about the CSA tri. Digivice, so I'm personally glad they're incorporating it into the 15th anniversary models

Inpu

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In D-Power released years ago there have been the complete lines of evolution for Cyberdramon, Lopmon, Leomon, Guardromon and MarineAngemon as the player's partners..
Eh? Would be very interested in a link for this, always wondered what MarineAngemon's "canon" line was.

delta

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's almost part of the magic -- that we have a chance to buy the same thing we missed out on 15 years ago
If this is going to make things cheaper then I will be more than happy.

Still, the new D-Ark do worth some extra bucks from the original one due to the added content and being more anime-accurate...maybe I should sell my Ultimate D-Ark ASAP for this less boring version.

In D-Power released years ago there have been the complete lines of evolution for Cyberdramon, Lopmon, Leomon, Guardromon and MarineAngemon as the player's partners..
Eh? Would be very interested in a link for this, always wondered what MarineAngemon's "canon" line was.
The line in D-power v3 is Penmon > Rukamon > Whamon > MarineAngemon in general, though there are more pre-evo forms for MarineAngemon due to the evolution system in D-Power v3 being a bit special. Maybe I can try to find or take a video for that...

Last edited:

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hell, I'd want to know what the full lines for the other Digimon are as well, though they're probably easy to guess. Penmon at least is an interesting choice for MarineAngemon's Child form.