Various Updates- App Fusions, Daisuke/V-mon Silhouette, D-Ark Preview, New Appmon

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A few updates from the new issue of V-Jump.

Image Thumbnail

First are images and descriptions of some of the App Fusions (hopefully we get better images so we can get translations of more of these details, as some of it isn't readable.)

We have Gatchmon and Navimon becoming DoGatchmon.

Cameramon and Shotmon becoming Scopemon. Scopemon is a surveillance Appmon who can attack enemies using cameras around the world to find them

Dokamon and we don't see him, but Perorimon (thanks to luluco) combine to be Doscomon.

Next up is a new Megahouse set coming soon...

Image Thumbnail

V-Jump doesn't name who it is, just a 'certain pair from 02' are in production. It's clearly a silhouette of Daisuke and V-Mon though. You can see Daisuke is definitely wearing his digital world outfit, while it appears V-mon is jumping on his back. I expect we will see this in the next week or two with DigiFes happening soon.

On the opposite page we can see a bit regarding the upcoming DigiFes in fact.

Image Thumbnail

And a bit regarding the 15th D-Arks. It has a bit of descriptions of Dukemon and Sakuyamon, but any new information looks like it's not in the photo properly (very nice image of a sprite Culumon though.) And hopefully we find out if those nice Dukemon and Sakuyamon drawings come with the D-Arks for people who buy them.

Thanks to Kougyou for the images.

Thanks to shin for translating while she was half asleep. Hopefully we get more details from cleaner scans in the next day or so.

And from Bandai's Appmon website we have clear art of 3 Appmon, only 1 of which we've seen before.

Image Thumbnail

First we have clear art of Viramon.

And then we have an awesome little pair...

Image Thumbnail Image Thumbnail

Onmon and Offmon.

Onmon is an online game Appmon who loves to connect with others.
Offmon is an offline game Appmon who loves to stay disconnected.

Thanks to theigno for pointing out the Appmon character images.

AmEv7Fam

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Dat naming convention...

I'm going to predict that they're going to fuse.

Digimonuniverse

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I love the design of these appmons but the name seem so weird, next thing you know we going to have an appmon name chairman or candymon.

Why can't it be unquie name like sparrowmon or dondokomon

Vande

Roll Roll, Critical, Critical
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I love the design of these appmons but the name seem so weird, next thing you know we going to have an appmon name chairman or candymon.

Do you ever stop moaning about things? Cause it really seems not...

Scopemon should have been called Spymon by that description lol.

Digimonuniverse

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Vande is not that I'm moaning, is that I got to get use to these names but I like the design tho

Rexanimon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Do you ever stop moaning about things? Cause it really seems not...

Scopemon should have been called Spymon by that description lol.
...or "Governmentsurveillancemon"... Lol

Appmon still makes me cringe... Gotta keep holding judgment til the show comes out though.

I'm excited that the figures keep on coming from Megahouse! Hopefully we'll get a second wave of 02 figures soon. I would lllooooovve if we got a Betamon with the Armadillomon and Hawkmon lines, but I'm not holding my breath (my speculation would be them plus Datirimon with no nod to the worldwide Digidestined's digimon).

AmEv7Fam

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
...or "Governmentsurveillancemon"... Lol

Not the most mouthfullish name I've heard, even with the official names.

Hmm... Not Tyrantkabuterimon, as that still comes off the tongue easily... About as many ayllabes, though.

Tyranno

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Okay.

Scopemon is midly terrifying.

luluco

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Dokamon App-Gattai is with Perorimon. We know it from the card game.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

She's commenting about moaning because it's been explained to you multiple times, that many (most?) Digimon names are NOT unique, they are just in another language so you don't understand what they say.

I mean, even your examples like Sparrowmon and Dondokomon aren't really unique names.

Sparrow is the English translation of a german jet (to say nothing of the fact that most people would likely just associate Sparrowmon with a bird, making the name even LESS unique.)

Dondokomon is named after the onomatopoeia for a traditional Japanese music rhythm, traditionally played on a specific type of drum (which Dondokomon is designed after.)

Abysswalker90

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A Digimon with a gun for a face, and guns for limbs...that's kind of hilarious. I really like the designs, though I'm not really into gattai evolutions.
I mean, even your examples like Sparrowmon and Dondokomon aren't really unique names.
It's still more creative than "Drummon" or "BirdJetmon".
I don't really like the naming scheme in this series either. It doesn't seem like they give much thought on whether the name even sounds good or not, they just take whatever the App's generally based on and stick "mon" at the end. Musimon, Cameramon, Shotmon, Offmon, Onmon are as uncreative as you can get.
If they had named Shotmon after the gun it's based on, that would at least give it more identity(like Revolmon) for example. Sure, it's not "unique", but..Shotmon? Really? There are so many other Digimon that "shoot" just as well, why aren't they a Shotmon?

Last edited:

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's still more creative than "Drummon" or "BirdJetmon".

Except you know... it isn't. It just seems creative to us because it isn't our language.

Sure, it's not "unique", but..Shotmon? Really? There are so many other Digimon that "shoot" just as well, why aren't they a Shotmon?

And yet no one seems to complain over Gaomon, Garurumon, Tailmon, Cutemon, Terriermon, Rapidmon, Dogmon, or any of the other Digimon who seem to have relatively generic sounding names when you really think about it, and that's perfectly fine.

Most of the non-English sources ones just sound creative or unique... until you know where the names come from.

And of course, you avatar is Plutomon...

Abysswalker90

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And yet no one seems to complain over Gaomon, Garurumon, Tailmon, Cutemon, Terriermon, Rapidmon, Dogmon, or any of the other Digimon who seem to have relatively generic sounding names
That's because they are still relatively scarce considering the amount of Digimon we have today(I also do remember people eye rolling over Cutemon's name). Appmon does it more systematically, and it seems to be a recurring theme here. It's based on a camera app? Cameramon. It's based on a Music app? Musimon. They could at least make the names a bit more specific.

And of course, you avatar is Plutomon...
I...don't really follow..
Are you implying that there's something wrong with Plutomon's name choice? Or that I should appreciate a design solely based on it's name? He's pretty much a virtual Pluto, what else would he be called? DarkDogManmon? He is a dark dog man after all

Garmmon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
^I think his point is that it was named 'Pluto'mon because it's a Digimon based on Pluto, just as much as 'Camera'mon is named as such because it's an Appmon based on a camera. Plutomon's naming isn't that much more creative to English speakers than Cameramon is.

I agree that we may find these names 'uncreative' because we are English speakers, but just remember the main audience is Japanese kids so it'll sound slightly (even if just a bit) more foreign to them, like how Digimon named after Japanese or other language words may sound more creative/interesting to us.

Anyway I'm really liking the Cameramon/Shotmon line designs! Doscomon and Dogatchmon I'm still a bit eh about. Idk if I mentioned here before, but one thing I really dislike about the Appmon designs are the extension cords. I feel that they can implement them just fine by making them retractable/appear when needed, I just don't really like seeing them always poking out in every Appmon design; I feel it kills a bit of the individuality and adds unnecessary clutter (not that Digimon designs are exactly clutter-free, haha).

Gigamon23

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Okay, well, Shotmon and Scopemon are officially my favorite Appmon designs thusfar. :)
As far as the naming thing goes, I do wonder if the Appmon being mostly based off of "things", like cameras and on/off functions, is part of the reason we balk at the names a bit. We seem to be okay with Digimon like Tyrannomon or Falcomon at least partly because they're animals (nostalgia helps too). It isn't just our fandom that does this, either---to borrow from Pokemon for a second, things like Klefki are sort of annoying because it seems like they just slapped eyes on an object and called it good. It seems to be the same feeling that makes us react negatively to the names.

Tetra Seleno

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I looooooove Scopemon's design. In fact, I really dig how both Scopemon's and DoGatchmon's designs draw from their respective components. I haven't seen a great picture of Perorimon to verify how much Doscomon draws from both it and Dokamon, but I'm really really hoping that the 'mons that result from App Gattai are shown, via their designs, to be a synthesis of the various components. I'm just a sucker for that kind of stuff.

Easiest prediction of all time: Onmon and Offmon absolutely are going to fuse together.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Scopemon and Viramon are pretty much my favourite Appmon designs so far.
I'm pretty sure that with the Big double barrel gun and the black/purple color scheme they were going for a Beelzebumon look, the red eyes and spiky headgear also fit with that and honestly even though cables coming out of the back seems to be an universal trait for Appmon it is also something shared with beelzebumon (but I wonder what would happen if anyone tried to applink with those cables...)

Viramon manages to look nicely ominous while still retaining the more "compact" appmon design... it looks like something that could be the perfect first or second villain for the anime. I love the purple poison cloud (dark purple seems to be quite an evil color I notice) and his spiky familiars also wearing gas masks is a nice touch.

As far as Onmon and Offmon are concerned... I like the concept more than the designs. Also when I first saw them I wondered if they were just based on turning your phone on and off but the Online/Offline gaming theme makes more sense, now that I think about it (they did have the gaming icon on the site after all)

Easiest prediction of all time: Onmon and Offmon absolutely are going to fuse together.
easy from a design standpoint maybe but in any Appmon media in which evolutions have to be part of a story I can only imagine that Offmon as an Appmon who wants to be disconnected would just absolutely refuse to Applink, let alone Fuse with anyone else as a matter of principle....

I haven't seen a great picture of Perorimon to verify how much Doscomon draws from both it and Dokamon
DoScomon is a weird one... Perorimon just seems to be that yellow chicken(?) like Appmon licking its lips and I don't see DoScomon drawing from that too much except with a couple more yellowish elements and the tips of his fingers possibly being miniature mouths or something like that.

Last edited:

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, if Dosukomon's name really is derived from the sumo exclamation (which seems very likely now that we know it has nothing to do with Scopemon), then Perorimon contributes some much needed fatness to Dokamon's fighting ability.

jamesC

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

funny how a guy who's named after this series always seems to be so negative towards it :p

Vande

Roll Roll, Critical, Critical
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
funny how a guy who's named after this series always seems to be so negative towards it :p

...It is at this point I am thankful that I am not going crazy and someone else, outside of staff, recognises this....

Also Marc was right with what I was getting at this morning.