Various tri. related products and events

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
With tri coming out soon (Discussion thread for tri is here) there are plenty of things happening and coming out.

First up, Animate cafe has started their Digimon theme and there are already great pictures.

Image Thumbnail Image Thumbnail

Then we have news of a new tri. related book.

Smart Special Edit: Digimon Adventure Tri

Image Thumbnail

This will retail for 2000 yen and Amazon JP has it up for preorder.

Amazon currently lists it as November 20th, but earlier had November 28th, so the date might change slightly.

The book appears to be more of a fan book type thing (it mentions interviews with celebrities who are Digimon fans). It's being presented by clothing brand "BEAMS" and men's fashion magazine "smart" (which apparently explains the outfits and the fact Gabumon has a scarf, sunglasses, and a hat....)

The book will also come with a double sided A3 size poster, stickers, and an Agumon themed pouch.

Thanks to various sources including bokutachi and Hoshiiya

This thread will be updated with more small-ish tri. related products and events that show up as tri. 1 is about to come out.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh man I hope I can get my hands on that book with the pouch. Super cute!
That may be one of the easiest tri. items to get honestly.

Just order it from Amazon Japan and it'll get to you a few days after release.

Airdramon

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh man I hope I can get my hands on that book with the pouch. Super cute!
That may be one of the easiest tri. items to get honestly.

Just order it from Amazon Japan and it'll get to you a few days after release.
Oh man I didn't realise Amazon Japan shipped to other places. I feel thick now.

Seymour Butz

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The book appears to be more of a fan book type thing (it mentions interviews with celebrities who are Digimon fans).
I’m all about that shit, tends to be extremely insightful, in stark contrast to how insipid the little one-paragraph press release nuggets from similar people are (even by American standards). Too bad these probably won’t get translated.

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Lol Bandai is milking Tri for all its worth. Which is not surprising at all considering how much Digimon clothes exist on the Premium Bandai shop, and the Digimon Minis that were released for the last anniversary that were exclusive to the clothing store Uniqlo.

Gabumon looks like some sort of m'lady fedora meme though, and Matt's plaid shirt tucked under the sweater reminds me of Hey Arnold.

Bringing a Pokemon plush to a Digimon cafe is like some sort of blaspheme, or maybe that's just me remembering the silly Digimon vs Pokemon arguments from when I was 10.

Paruseruru mafubu

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sure wish I was at the animate café, that would be so cool. Japan was so much fun.

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The book appears to be more of a fan book type thing (it mentions interviews with celebrities who are Digimon fans).
I’m all about that shit, tends to be extremely insightful, in stark contrast to how insipid the little one-paragraph press release nuggets from similar people are (even by American standards). Too bad these probably won’t get translated.
I've seen some translations of interviews pop up on tumblr and other blogs from Magazines/sites for some of the interviews forvideogames like Cyber Sleuth so I hope they do get translated, but it probably won't happen. :/

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That does look awesome. And a lot of fun. If only we could all go there right.

Rika24

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
all the new merch is looking great. i'd love the Taichi and Patamon chibi plushies... but i spy with my little eye Tamers and Frontier buttons? i don't see Rika but i see Henry and Takato.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
all the new merch is looking great. i'd love the Taichi and Patamon chibi plushies... but i spy with my little eye Tamers and Frontier buttons? i don't see Rika but i see Henry and Takato.
I actually tracked down a good picture of those badges/buttons super late last night, but was to tired to post.

Image Thumbnail

Appears they will be a time limited release for 500 yen.

Rika24

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
so they decided to leave out the female cast? that's just wrong. unless they're planning on a second set with just the girls

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
so they decided to leave out the female cast? that's just wrong
Based on the time limited nature and various phrasing, my guess is there will be a wave 2 that is also limited with the girls.

Some phrasing also suggests that these specific badges might be aimed at female buyers.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can see that being possible. I wonder if there'll be more waves with the other two seasons. Since we have up to Frontier.