V-Tamer Returns! July V-Jump will have One Chapter Special!

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Well, that's a fun surprise.

We don't have the full Digimon section from the new V-Jump, but we do have yet a bit more!

We knew there was gonna be V-Tamer promo cards next month, but now we know WHY.

V-Tamer will be returning for one oversized new special chapter!

It looks like both creators from the original V-Tamer manga are returning- Tenya Yabuno for art and Hiroshi Izawa to write.

Even just for 'one' chapter, more V-Tamer is something that people will be insanely excited about, and make this an issue of V-Jump fans will desperately want.

Thanks to tatsurunSSS for the image.

We also added better images of the Taichi and Zeromaru cards to the article about the promo cards.

Attachments

Last edited:

Spongebond

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is news I was never expecting.

Makes me happy!

Katsu Hikaru

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No freaking way that is so awesome maybe said Special chapter will go over events that lead up to Xros wars similar to Last evolution and Tri for the 02 ending.

Regardless I'm pretty excited more good news after another.

Tarama

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Woaa this is something unexpected!
I hope it's a crossover of three Taichis from three universes. Adventure V-Tamer 01, Adventure, and Adventure:.

EnerGeo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No freaking way that is so awesome maybe said Special chapter will go over events that lead up to Xros wars similar to Last evolution and Tri for the 02 ending.
I'm not very familiar with Digimon manga, could you please tell me how exactly is V-Tamer connected to Xros Wars?

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There's no connection. Best I can figure, Katsu Hikaru meant that it might become connected somehow to the Xros Wars manga, in which Zero appears as a character. I really doubt they'll reference the other manga in any way, though.

Katsu Hikaru

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm not very familiar with Digimon manga, could you please tell me how exactly is V-Tamer connected to Xros Wars?
As TMS said I'm referring to the Manga for Xros wars which Zeromaru ends up becoming a Royal Knight but the events leading up to the Xros wars Manga was never explained or what happened to Taichi all we know is that Ulforceveedramon was confirmed to be Zero and that Xros wars manga takes place after V tamers.

Last edited:

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Xros Wars manga has made references to nearly every single series, both anime and manga. For example, the Tailmon is partners with a Wizardmon, and she is heavily implied to be Hikari's partner from Adventure, though apparently hundreds of years have passed. Tamers' Matrix Evolution is also treated as a legend that occurred in the distant past. Rather, the setting for Xros Wars manga seems to combine most of the events that occurred in other series into a single crossover universe.

Last edited:

Katsu Hikaru

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Xros Wars manga has made references to nearly every single series, both anime and manga. For example, the Tailmon is partners with a Wizardmon, and she is heavily implied to be Hikari's partner from Adventure, though apparently hundreds of years have passed. Tamers' Matrix Evolution is also treated as a legend that occurred in the distant past. Rather, the setting for Xros Wars manga seems to combine most of the events that occurred in other series into a single crossover universe.
That is pretty accurate now that u say it especially when Zeed sent Wizardmon to the Super dimensional Space time referencing other universes and Timelines.

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow, what a great surprise! Since V-Tamer's story is fairly self-contained, I wonder if they might actually go the crossover route and expand upon the Xros Wars manga connection. If I'm not mistaken, didn't that hint at each of the Royal Knights seen in the various anime/manga (e.g Omegamon, Gallantmon, UlforceVeedramon) eventually becoming the Royal Knights of the null canon themselves in some timeline of the distant future?

Personally, I'm hoping for a reappearance of the three Genome Digimon that never got to see action: Panimon, Hermmon and Lykamon. Fingers crossed that they get official art in full colour plus named attacks as well.

Also hoping to see how the Tamers - Neo, Rei and the Alias III - in particular are doing, whether Neo ever found a cure for Rei etc.

Katsu Hikaru

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow, what a great surprise! Since V-Tamer's story is fairly self-contained, I wonder if they might actually go the crossover route and expand upon the Xros Wars manga connection. If I'm not mistaken, didn't that hint at each of the Royal Knights seen in the various anime/manga (e.g Omegamon, Gallantmon, UlforceVeedramon) eventually becoming the Royal Knights of the null canon themselves in some timeline of the distant future?
I don't believe it was some of the Royal Knights like Magnamon, Dukemon, Examon, etc only made small appearances the group itself didn't have much background only Zero to be honest. Omegamon from Xros wars we have very little information on since in his final battle it was implied he was killed and Shoutmon inherited the Omegainforce that he unlocked thanks to Yggdrasil.

Personally, I'm hoping for a reappearance of the three Genome Digimon that never got to see action: Panimon, Hermmon and Lykamon. Fingers crossed that they get official art in full colour plus named attacks as well.
Oh ya i completely forgot about those digimon was very disappointed they so far have never made a appearance but who knows maybe somewhere in the future if we are lucky they will appear randomly like Arkadimon did in Hackers Memory.

Last edited:

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh ya i completely forgot about those digimon was very disappointed they so far have never made a appearance but who knows maybe somewhere in the future if we are lucky they will appear randomly like Arkadimon did in Hackers Memory.
well, Arkadimon was a major plot point in the main game of Hacker's Memory so it wasn't too random. It's sort of like how Algomon was reused for Adventure:, they just both worked well for those stories

Katsu Hikaru

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
well, Arkadimon was a major plot point in the main game of Hacker's Memory so it wasn't too random. It's sort of like how Algomon was reused for Adventure:, they just both worked well for those stories
What i mean by random is that nobody excepted Arkadimon who is a pretty rare digimon to be in the HM and have a major part especially since his background like multiple other digimon got retcon which is why i said somewhere in the future we could get lucky and get the Digimon mentioned since if he can they possibly may have a shot as well just with an altered background.

Last edited:

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow, definitely didn't see this coming, I should go back and do a re-read.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What i mean by random is that nobody excepted Arkadimon who is a pretty rare digimon to be in the HM and have a major part especially since his background like multiple other digimon got retcon which is why i said somewhere in the future we could get lucky and get the Digimon mentioned since if he can they possibly may have a shot as well just with an altered background.
nothing was retconned. the arcadiamon in HM has no link to arcadiamon in other parts of the franchise

As TMS said I'm referring to the Manga for Xros wars which Zeromaru ends up becoming a Royal Knight but the events leading up to the Xros wars Manga was never explained or what happened to Taichi all we know is that Ulforceveedramon was confirmed to be Zero and that Xros wars manga takes place after V tamers.
I think any references to this stuff would be makings things too complicated

Katsu Hikaru

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
nothing was retconned. the arcadiamon in HM has no link to arcadiamon in other parts of the franchise
That's my point Arkadimon was a artificially created Digimon made by Demon to destroy the Digital world and really isn't a natural digimon but in some of his appearances his background is changed which is why i said the three could have a shot since they can just do the same thing they did to Arkadimon and other Digimon with altered backgrounds which is what I'm referring to by retcon since it's a different interpretation of said character background.

I think any references to this stuff would be makings things too complicated
Imo i don't think so since I'm curious what happened between Taichi and Zero before he became a Royal Knight.

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Imo i don't think so since I'm curious what happened between Taichi and Zero before he became a Royal Knight.
as a standalone manga it would work better, but as a promotional single chapter in V-Jump it can isolate readers not familiar with the preexisting stories

Katsu Hikaru

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
as a standalone manga it would work better, but as a promotional single chapter in V-Jump it can isolate readers not familiar with the preexisting stories
That is a massively fair point fam i honestly never really thought about that doesn't help a decent amount of my friends or people i know in general don't even know Xros wars has a manga or even read it.