V-Tamer Promo Cards for Card Game Announced for July V-Jump

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Nothing from the Digimon section of the June (cover dated) issue of V-Jump yet, but we do have something from a later section showing off cards from various games.

The issue of V-Jump NEXT month (July cover dated), will include promo cards of Zeromaru and Taichi for the Digimon Card Game.

The cards are labeled as “Yagami Taichi (Digimon Adventure V-Tamer 01”) and “V-dramon Zero” and use pre-existing artwork of the characters from Tenya Yabuno.

Even after 20+ years V-Tamer is very popular among fans, so this issue will likely be a popular one for Digimon fans so they can nab the cards. It'll show up May 21st.

Thanks to Touya for the heads up (and card name translations) and DbsHype for the image.

Update- Significantly better image thanks to tatsurunSSS.

Attachments

Last edited:

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
that's neat as heck! It would have been nice to get new art, though. It's nice to see early signs that the new card game will make card adaptations inspired from a number of diverse sources, even if they're just promotional and seperate from the base sets

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is really cool and honestly, a little unexpected. I would've expected more direct "crossover" cards in later sets, but I'm glad we're getting the VT01 duo either way. That said, the choice to go with blue cards for the two, when Veedramon is a Dramon-species is odd. I guess the point is just to go with the matching colour though, so it's not a big deal. I guess that leaves the door open for a red Veedramon line of cards at some point.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope we get some more cross over cards from some other stuff, like say Survive characters.

GoldenEXP

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ooooh this is super fun
yea, v-dramon being blue is kinda weird but i understand they wanted the taichis to be different colours
maybe just zeromaru will be blue and a normal v-mon line will be red? this is all very interesting

I hope we get some more cross over cards from some other stuff, like say Survive characters.
👀
That would be super nice, would love to see Arata, Nokia or Sayo from the Story games

Katsu Hikaru

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
With how popular V tamers is I'm surprised Ulforceveedramon Future mode hasn't made another appearance yet really hoping Rearise does it since the Japan verison has a lot of Ultra/Super Ultimate level digimon.

Though I'm hoping Survive is really close but I'm already excepting the next information about it to be a more in depth profile for Miu

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Added much better images of the cards.

Katsu Hikaru

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, he sort of did: well, on a social media post.
Ya i know but like Omegamon Merciful mode we still know very little about him i don't even think he has a official profile still could be wrong it has been awhile since i checked Ulforceveedramon FM.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
OH. Cool to see V-Tamer in something. I'm sure everyone who's seen it will want these cards.