V-pet's relationship between age and hunger

metalmamemon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
(I'm posting this because after trying to get specific information on the subject, I couldn't find it anywhere)

So about a couple of months ago I bought a digimon v-pet version 1. After some time on the internet looking up the gameplay details of my new toy, one of the things that caught my eye was the "lifespan". File island (and pretty much every website with information on this) mentions the number of hours a digimon will live. In the case of rookies and champions I confirmed that this is the amount of time the digimon will take to get to the next evolution stage. Perfects also have a set lifespan, so one would assume this means that the perfect level digimon dies once it reaches it's llifespan, right? but that isn't the case. Instead, it stays alive, but starts to get hungry more and more often every extra day that passed, to the point it's four hearts of hunger go down to zero in like half an hour. Eventually I get frustrated, and end up giving him a warrior's death by make him battle until he dies of injuries.
So far I had digimon live until their late thirties, and my mealgreymon right now is 29 days old.

My question is, is this normal behaviour for the v-pet? My inability to find anything on this makes me suspect it might not be. For the record, I have the european version.
Thanks in advance!

TL;DR --> Digimon doesn'd die, just gets hungrier and hungrier.

Last edited:

watsia

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes, that is normal for digimon to get hungry way faster than it used to.. it applies to v1 - v6.. the only way for you to keep that digimon alive to 99 years is time pause method.. which basically puts your digimon to sleep and pause the time.

metalmamemon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes, that is normal for digimon to get hungry way faster than it used to.. it applies to v1 - v6.. the only way for you to keep that digimon alive to 99 years is time pause method.. which basically puts your digimon to sleep and pause the time.
Thanks. I mean, it seems like a gameplay feature, but it baffled me because it's not mentioned anywhere.