V-Pet Fake Spotting topic

Da_Duke2000

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can shed some light on this.

There was a Chinese manufacturer who made a small run of V-Pet 20th clear white cases, as seen in the picture. They are injection molded replica cases. The case for the 20th cannot be swapped out with the standard case due to the different battery case, but these are indeed unofficial. Fortunately, the seller advertises this as custom and not special/rare.

mentalperson

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
But item specific is listing as
New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item (including handmade items). See the seller's listing for full
details. See all condition definitions

Brand:[h=2]Bandai[/h]
It just feels wrong to me, like its somehow dishonest/misrepresenting? I can't quite put my fingers on it, but I guess I wont be reporting it

There was a Chinese manufacturer who made a small run of V-Pet 20th clear white cases, as seen in the picture. They are injection molded replica cases. The case for the 20th cannot be swapped out with the standard case due to the different battery case, but these are indeed unofficial. Fortunately, the seller advertises this as custom and not special/rare.

Teddyzmon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The description says its 'unopened' though lol
It is wrong. Unopened packaging are (typically) more expensive than opened packaging.

Last edited:

BladeSabre

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Right, it really shouldn't be listed as "new" (should probably be "seller refurbished" if they have that option in that category).

Da_Duke2000

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sorry folks. You're absolutely right. At least the term 'custom' kind of addresses that without much deception.

Also keep in mind that the description of new also applies to handmade items according to that link. If I built something new, from new spare parts, isn't it a new customized piece if the all around condition is still mint? Very interesting topic.

antoniorand

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A friend just found out these Japanese D-ark for 10€ (13~~ usd aproximately).

I think is just too good to be real, somebody can confirm if they are fake?

DraCat

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Hey, do you have any ideas on where can I get these "custom" case? Would love to put these case on my 20th :D

AguChamp

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
According to this thread ( https://withthewill.net/threads/14779-IMPORTANTHow-to-identify-the-bootleg-digivices ), your digivice should be the real deal.

There don't appear to be any recorded direct bootlegs of the Original Digivice. The other can be identified by numbers on the back, but there doesn't
seem to be any recorded system for your Digivice, plus the color checks out.

That said, why do you appear concerned whether or not the device is fake? I'm asking since I don't know if the Shaking Bit on the Japanese
models differ much from the International ones (the back of your looks similar to the international mechanism).

Amby

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thank you! I’m just new to collecting Digimon and was curious! I saw something in the booklet that says LED, I thought maybe it was supposed to have lights. It’s just so beautiful it seems too good to be true, I think I would be happy with it even if it was a fake! :)

zarcha

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hello, Im trying to figure out if a digivice i got last year is a fake or not, after being on this forum for a short bit and seeing this post its made be question some of my digivice that i have and that are coming. This one is the only one i wonder about (my v1 seems legit based on what i know and the v3 coming looks in the correct colors too, the minis also are red and grey which seem fine too). The one in question is a v3 black and white English vpet. Seems to look the part and what not (i should be able to tell while battling tomorrow with my new v1 that should be in a battle able evolution?). Either way here are some pics to help.

https://imgur.com/a/V50uR5k

Workhog59

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have a red and black ic digivice, it doesnt have prongs on bottom to connect to old and new digivices, the number on it is 41708

zarcha

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have a red and black ic digivice, it doesnt have prongs on bottom to connect to old and new digivices, the number on it is 41708
I know the American version doesn't have the prongs on the bottom but I dont know if America got a red and black version as I've only seen Japanese versions of it.

EDIT: Found this picture that shows the one your describing so it seems legit.

Last edited: