Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Zinger1650

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hello everyone, I'm new to V-Pet collecting, I have my eye on this one here, but I wanted to double check and see if it's legit...it seems to be but I figured the people here would know better then I would :p The thing that throws me off is that the description says it's in English. Did they ever make Pendulums in English? I thought they were Japanese only? Any help would be appreciated!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-1999-B...dulum-4-0-Wind-Guardians-W-Case-/142310220485

Neoshaman00

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

What about this one? Is this a Ver. 4? The cage's color seems a bit off...

Zinger1650

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Neoshaman00, The background of it is a Ver 4 background at least, the Ver 4 has those mountains in it. Not sure about color tho?

Neoshaman00

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, the thingy around the screen should be white. Maybe it was replaced by a reseller, doesn't mean it's a bootleg... but yeah, the background holds up.

Zinger1650

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
EDIT: My bad. Looked up pics of red version 4s and they do seem to normally have White borders. The most telling sign of a fake is if the sprites have lines in them, are the sprites clear?

--------
The lock border you mean? My V4 has yellow and it's a real one. You might be right tho, someone could have replaced it. Is it in English or Japanese? I remember reading something about fake ones having certain letters on the back of it, but the Japanese ones dont have letters at all.

Last edited:

Da_Duke2000

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Version 4 has two variants. The clear red body with white frame and blue buttons; and the clear blue body with yellow frame and white buttons. The red piece above appears legitimate, as the frames are the easiest piece to replace or customize.

Airdramon

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I tend to believe that things from Japanese sellers don't tend to be bootlegs as much. The only Japanese I had problems with was yamamo2012 who tends to sell broken Digivices and doesn't inform customers and doesn't respond to messages. (I bought two D3s that had broken pedometers)
In any case, I've bought from the seller of the linked D3 before and they're great.
It looks like they've possibly lost the originally battery door clip and they've just replaced it with one from the Ken's D3.
You can always message them and see what they say?

byakurai29

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The packaging for this looks a bit suspect to me, but I am not very familiar with official packaging...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bandai-Digi...410185?hash=item3ada68e349:g:F9cAAOSw3v5YpJts
Hmm, this is the English version of Digivice IC named Digivice Data Link. Gameplay somewhat similar to the japanese counterparts however it isn't compatible..

Not sure if this is original or not because the packaging is the Asia version so it could be real. Doesn't look suspicious enough because there isnt any 259 in 1 digivice.. And I don't think that they are fakes for this version of a digivice.

Since the price is okay. I guess why not.

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The packaging for this looks a bit suspect to me, but I am not very familiar with official packaging...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bandai-Digi...410185?hash=item3ada68e349:g:F9cAAOSw3v5YpJts
Hmm, this is the English version of Digivice IC named Digivice Data Link. Gameplay somewhat similar to the japanese counterparts however it isn't compatible..

Not sure if this is original or not because the packaging is the Asia version so it could be real. Doesn't look suspicious enough because there isnt any 259 in 1 digivice.. And I don't think that they are fakes for this version of a digivice.

Since the price is okay. I guess why not.
Ah, but isn't the Data Link rather simplistic compared to the iC? If that is the case I will probably be passing on this one.

Raffelcoptar

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I tend to believe that things from Japanese sellers don't tend to be bootlegs as much. The only Japanese I had problems with was yamamo2012 who tends to sell broken Digivices and doesn't inform customers and doesn't respond to messages. (I bought two D3s that had broken pedometers)
In any case, I've bought from the seller of the linked D3 before and they're great.
It looks like they've possibly lost the originally battery door clip and they've just replaced it with one from the Ken's D3.
You can always message them and see what they say?
Digivice in Question

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Used-D...535226?hash=item2a7e4bfb7a:g:f14AAOSwWxNY20GH

I have tried multiple times to contact this seller, and they have never replied back to me.
The only thing that makes me worried, is that it only appears that the belt clip piece is from the Ken D-3. The rest of the back cover seems to be the same type of clear that the rest of the digivice is.

Thanks for your time

Last edited:

Da_Duke2000

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That you see V-mon and a map, you should be safe. There are Bootleg D-3's which exist but they are blatant with unofficial color schemes. The clips one the back are two pieces, half of which is the battery door. So the black part is very easy to replace should it snap off. I think your assessment is quite fair. Price is a tad high. The last 21st Centiury D3 I saw sell was boxed and was round $250. They surface every once and a while, so be patient if you're hesitant at all.

Airdramon

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

terranakari

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Digimon-Di...592323?hash=item1c970243c3:g:OiwAAOSwcj1Z~l8s

I am 99% sure this is fake, pretty sure there is no "custom color" for the 20th and I plan to report it but can people confirm for me.
There is no custom colour, which means they've switched the casing out.
Maybe that's what they mean by custom color? Them switching the casing out themselves? 'cuz it is listed in the description that the case is custom made.