V-Pet Data Broadcast During Digimon Adventure: Announced

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

The Digimon Adventure: Twitter has posted something a bit exciting for V-Pet fans.

During the broadcast of the show there will also be a tie in 'data broadcast' allowing you to raise a Digimon V-Pet.

A rough translation of the information:
For the first time in the history of Fuji TV, TV and data broadcasting are linked!
A training game that reproduces the Digital Monster that launched in 1997 will begin data broadcasting!
The more you watch the show, the care number will increase.
For more information, check the broadcast.

Quicky translations of some of the text in the screenshot:
Raise Digimon while watching the show.
See how to raise from 'How to Play'.
You can raise until September 26th.

With the show beginning this weekend we will find out more about this soon.

A small note. It is April 2nd in Japan and this does not appear to be any type of April Fools joke.

Update- A few new details from the Digimon Adventure: website.

It will be based on the Digital Monster Version 1 (original version, not 20th.) It still isn't clarified 'how' it works (a webapp, a social media app, etc.) but it does confirm that watching the show more allows you to raise the Digimon more. Digimon that you get will be archived in a mini Digimon Picture Book.

The digital V-Pet will also link to Digimon social media accounts, etc. along with showing off a 'Digimon of the Day'

Attachments

Last edited:

Flamon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In my technical mind I'm trying to think how this is working. The magical way is Datacasting this in the channel sideband and it's something your phone picks up with the microphone/a TV app available from Fuji. Kinda like how the Nielsen ratings work....or it's QR codes displayed on the screen during the show.

I'm really liking these more interactive activities they have been working with lately. They are all really well done.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Updated with a few more details of the V-Pet.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh hey. Like how they do things on TV here sometimes. Cartoon Network has done that sometimes.