V-Jump Preview- Rudomon's Ultimate and Erismon's Baby

RogueX4

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have to admit but I love Rudomon! Specially how they handled his mega/ultimate!

It feels that with Rudomon’s line they did listen to fan feedback and went back to the old school feral, battle torn, and random Digivolution lines.

Plus his final design isn’t humanoid it’s a beast! The “humanoid curse” so far has been broken! Haha

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
thank Yggdrasil Ludomon's Ultimate is very dope. Now I'm relieved it didn't become more bigger boring mecha. Also yay quadrupedal!!!

also it seems that it wields red digizoid, the hardest armor material in digital world, since it's red-ish.

Idiysar Almond

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Looks like ShineGreymonBM and AncientGreymon got forced digixros with lordknightmon/dukemoncm. Definitely prefer ludomon line than zubamon and what has been shown so far for Erismon line.

B-mon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like the rendering of "Bryweldramon" but of course the recurring theme of "ludo/rudo" in the name gets gobbled up into just "LD." And just to throw out there, the kana on the name is pretty clearly "bu" and not "pu", even if Prydwen is a possible source.

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It could also be BryweLudramon in keeping with "ludo" in previous stage names.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Possible leaked image of what is hidden ludomon flame.

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I love how he's made of flames like Fladramon. It looks like it should be his ultimate. The fire bodied Digimon were always cool. I love the randomness of this line too. I'm praying we get art of his shield mode though. He has a dragon head for a butt for his shield mode, lol.

But then in the next few years no other Digimon designs took a hint from that and we were back to generic armor designs (and especially Omegamon variations). So seeing that Rudomon's final form has that elemental energy look is truly worth celebrating (I'll surely have more to gush over once we get the page in higher resolution).
Really? You just described what I love about GraceNovamon too, but I didn't realize it until I saw the high res art that showed he's a galaxy wrapped in belts bursting at the seams.

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Shield mode? I bet it'll be just look like "Ring of Defense" of Kaiba's spell card.

Fladramon? Uhh isn't that just flame pattern on the Courage armor costume?

EDITED: Read its Attribute is Data just now. Damn now he is my new second favorite for Dramon with DATA ATTRIBUTE

Last edited:

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oops I meant Flarizamon.

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Shield mode? I bet it'll be just look like "Ring of Defense" of Kaiba's spell card.
The shield mode looks like a dragon's head based on the second sprite below its head in the article.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ahh now I see it clearly. After flintlock mentioned fire bodied Digimon, I realized we could have more new elemental bodied Digimon.

So far, Ultimate forms with elemental bodies (Excluded Burst Modes)
Fire = Rudomon's Ultimate
Lava = Volcanicdramon
Water = ? (I know there is Splashmon Darkness Mode but still...)
Thunder = Juptiermon Wrath Mode
Nature/Earth = Ceresmon and Gaiamon
Metal = MetalEtemon, Breakdramon, Mugendramon, etc
Galaxy = GraceNovamon

RogueX4

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
EDITED: Read its Attribute is Data just now. Damn now he is my new second favorite for Dramon with DATA ATTRIBUTE
It really does feel like they listened to the fans with Rudomon’s line.

Lately it felt like data types where getting the short end of the stick, with virus and vaccine Digimon out numbering them. Really glad they decided to make it a data type.

Lhikan634

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, for what it's worth, the attribute ratios aren't exactly that far off-kilter. Using Wikimon category data for the main 3, we have 282 Data, 293 Vaccine, and 315 Virus. The real neglected ones are the non-triad ones. We have 120 Free, 33 Variable (note: the only non-Hybrid is BanchoStingmon), 33 Unknown, and 87 No Attribute. Digimon Wiki data is a bit lower with 278 Data, 274 Vaccine, 311 Virus, 90 Free, 33 Variable, and 142 no attribute (note: includes both Unknown and No). Some of Digimon Wiki's apparent data loss is in how they constitute Digimon species with various forms sharing the same page (particularly true for X-Antibody Digimon), but there also seems to be some loss in multiple possible attribute situations. Note: the total for Wikimon, including those under Digimon but not categorized by attribute, is 10 higher than for Digimon Wiki. This is approximately equal to the D-Reaper entries.

DataVaccineVirusFreeNo/NoneUnknownVariableunlisted
Wikimon23.12%24.02%25.82%9.84%7.13%2.70%2.70%4.67%
DigimonWiki22.98%22.64%25.70%7.44%11.74%
-​
2.72%6.78%

So what really would have been random would be to get something like Unknown Attribute out of this line. Still, nice to maintain the balance since we've gotten a bit more Virus types over the years. I want to say I posted my suspicions on the Mega for Ludomon being a dino/drago, but my memories got buried by research.

DigiGrader

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah I remember some speculating it would be dragon. And many speculate it will be fire elemental.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That sure is an interesting idea for a Mega and a line. No one expected anything they did with it. I know I didn't.

RogueX4

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, for what it's worth, the attribute ratios aren't exactly that far off-kilter. Using Wikimon category data for the main 3, we have 282 Data, 293 Vaccine, and 315 Virus. The real neglected ones are the non-triad ones. We have 120 Free, 33 Variable (note: the only non-Hybrid is BanchoStingmon), 33 Unknown, and 87 No Attribute. Digimon Wiki data is a bit lower with 278 Data, 274 Vaccine, 311 Virus, 90 Free, 33 Variable, and 142 no attribute (note: includes both Unknown and No). Some of Digimon Wiki's apparent data loss is in how they constitute Digimon species with various forms sharing the same page (particularly true for X-Antibody Digimon), but there also seems to be some loss in multiple possible attribute situations. Note: the total for Wikimon, including those under Digimon but not categorized by attribute, is 10 higher than for Digimon Wiki. This is approximately equal to the D-Reaper entries.

DataVaccineVirusFreeNo/NoneUnknownVariableunlisted
Wikimon23.12%24.02%25.82%9.84%7.13%2.70%2.70%4.67%
DigimonWiki22.98%22.64%25.70%7.44%11.74%
-​
2.72%6.78%

So what really would have been random would be to get something like Unknown Attribute out of this line. Still, nice to maintain the balance since we've gotten a bit more Virus types over the years. I want to say I posted my suspicions on the Mega for Ludomon being a dino/drago, but my memories got buried by research.
Wow thanks for sharing! This is really good info. It’s nice to know that they are trying to keep it balanced out.

Also interesting point with Banchostingmon I never realized that. Though I wonder if Free/Variable/Unknow could be added to the newer virtual pets and how will it affect the triangle? I imagine we’ll know when the Pendulum 20th comes out.

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Some of Digimon Wiki's apparent data loss is in how they constitute Digimon species with various forms sharing the same page (particularly true for X-Antibody Digimon), but there also seems to be some loss in multiple possible attribute situations.
It should be noted that the Wikia is in the process of splitting shared species pages as part of the on going conversion of species pages to a new format consisting of the profile followed by attacks, a design section, name etymology section, fiction section and reference section with some species such as Witchmon having an additional section that covers the development of that species. Additionally the pages of all Digimon released from 2016 onwards as well as all Appmon were made in this new format.

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Pryweldramon looks pretty cool, I do like the bursting fire energy it has for its body, and the armor design is pretty nice. I also like the shield design that we see in the sprite, which does look pretty cool.

I will say though, Ludomon probably wins for the most random Digimon line in the past 10 years, I don't think it's stuck to one particular animal form for more then one level.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's almost as random as the Salamon line

Onimaru

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Vaccine-Zubamon
Data-Rudomon
Virus-???