V-Jump Preview- Agumon in Appmon Card/Arcade Game & Zubamon Evos, Updated

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Appmon is getting into the Digimon 20th Anniversary celebration!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

From an early image from the newest V-Jump....

Agumon will be showing up in the Appmon DataCarddass game.

The Agumon card will also allow his usage in the Arcade component of the game.

This appears to be the first proper Digimon/Appmon crossover that isn't a 'wink/nudge' type reference.

Also, images of Zubamon's evolutions!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Their names appear to be Zubaigamon and Duramon and there is also short profiles for both of them.

Zubaigamon: No matter how rough the terrain, it charges forth without stopping! A weapon type Digimon capable of transforming into a blade!!

Duramon: The greatsword on its back displays unparalleled strength when Duramon transforms into a weapon! A weapon type Digimon.

Garm had the name translated as 'Subaigermon', with the name etymology perhaps being a combination of subayai (Japanese for fast/speedy) and tiger.

Update- Bandai and V-Jump have sent out a correction. The Digimon we previously referred to as 'Subaigamon' had his name misprinted in V-Jump. The proper Japanese spelling is ズバイガーモン, which comes out as Zubaigamon, or potentially Zubaigermon.

At the bottom of the page they also show off the various Imperialdramons in Digimon Linkz.

Thanks to garm for the profile translations!

Update- A name correction above and we swapped in better images.

AmEv7Fam

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Almost makes me wonder if he will appear in the anime. Probably not, but if he does, probably as a background-only character.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
When I first saw the Perfect form's name, I read it as Duramon (like durable). No idea if it's right or not, but thought I'd throw it out there.

G-SANtos

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Duramon, from Durandal.
And the other Sbeigermon, not Spiegermon. The letter is a "バ" (ba), not a "パ" (pa). But I have no idea what it means. Maybe it's a combination of "subarashii" (wonderful) or "subashigoi" (nimble, quick) with... Er... Liger? Tiger?

Man, Sbeigermon's design is very unique, and Duramon looks like Shoutmon DX.

And man, Agumon in an actual Appli Monsters material. And it's cool that his app icon is the Crest of Courage, though the design makes him sound like a God grade, which WarGreymon should be closer to.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Had already changed the name to Duramon, although we don't actually know it's correct yet.

Changed the other name to Subaigamon for now until it's eyeballed by either shin or garm. It makes the name a bit closer to Zuba and Dura so that the names are pseudo translated/corrupted the same way.

G-Santos, I've removed your theorizing from your post. As has been said before, please do not include your extended and random theories every time you post.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like this design of both forms (Zubamon's) so much better than OmegaShoutmon's design.
Their armor designs look more comfortable to accept.

Garmmon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Tbh I have no idea about Subaigamon/Subaigermon's name. Its profile mentions that it continues charging forward no matter the terrain, and my first impression was its name came from 'subayai' (素早い/fast, speedy) and tiger. It looks nothing like a tiger but eh..
For Duramon the first thing I thought of was Durandal, but I don't think durable is necessarily wrong (could be double meanings and all that).

I'm quite fond of Subaigermon, it has a cute body shape haha.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Tbh I have no idea about Subaigamon/Subaigermon's name. Its profile mentions that it continues charging forward no matter the terrain, and my first impression was its name came from 'subayai' (素早い/fast, speedy) and tiger. It looks nothing like a tiger but eh..
For Duramon the first thing I thought of was Durandal, but I don't think durable is necessarily wrong (could be double meanings and all that).

I'm quite fond of Subaigermon, it has a cute body shape haha.
Haha... I was updating with your details as you posted.

Details and profile translations added to the initial post.

I kept it as Subaigamon but also listed garm's name translation with the note of it.

I think Duramon, much like Zubamon himself (And maybe Subaigamon?) actually have multiple references to many well known franchise bits of the past.

OmegaShoutmon is the one that comes to mind for most people, but I see quite a bit of Magnamon in his head, and his chest sort of resembles Alphamon's to me.

ShikaSS

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Welp, Zubamon's cape is gone I guess.
While I like Subaigamon's design I find it kind of unoriginal how they followed the same quadrupedal Adult to bipedal Perfect line Huckmon had, although BaoHuckmon is a lot less beastly.
Duramon is cool but borrows too much from other Digimon designs like Alphamon and Jesmon. I hope they change the color palette a bit on the Ultimate.

Also, am I the only one who finds the blue slashes incredibly obnoxious?

The Chaos Entity

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
£10 says his mega will be an Exalted Knight-type and somehow related to the Royal Knights, despite them being complete. Hell, maybe he takes over from Gankoomon, Vesta-Bacchus-style.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Zubamon's evolution line : Huge Blade horn > Huge Knife as if he look like he got stabbed through the chest > His huge Buster Blade Sword for a tail?

Hahaa nice.

WarOmnimon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Gotta say, I'm digging both Spigermon and Duramon. The latter reminds me of OmegaShoutmon and SlashAngemon moreso than anything else, which is pretty awesome. I say Spigermon because his name is likely a reference to "spiger", the Danish word for "spike". Which makes sense given the convention they've gone with for Sakumon, Sakuttomon, Zubamon, and Duramon. It fits. Of course, we will have to see where they go with his English spelling before confirming that as fact.

As for Duramon's name. It likely refers to not only Durandal, but also Duralumin. So yeah, double meaning.
£10 says his mega will be an Exalted Knight-type and somehow related to the Royal Knights, despite them being complete. Hell, maybe he takes over from Gankoomon, Vesta-Bacchus-style.
I seriously doubt it. If anything, his Ultimate will either begin a new group, or end up being one of the Vortex Warriors. Bandai has been on point with their general Digimon lore as of late (Anime notwithstanding, keep in mind Volcanicdramon's profile especially) and the Vortex Warriors are the only group which hasn't been fully revealed (We still have only one member and that is MedievalDukemon). So yeah, new group or second VW. It's gonna be one of the two.

Last edited:

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well... That's one big Sword...mon. But really, he's kind of cool. Bet he'd be a good main character. ...Agumon in an Appmon game? That is cool. Doubt it mean anything but that is cool.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I say Spigermon because his name is likely a reference to "spiger", the Danish word for "spike".
Wouldn't it be pronounced "supa" in that case? Or do Ps sound like Bs sometimes in Danish?

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm a bit mixed on the helmet look for Subaigamon's face, but I do like the direction they went with it overall. It's like a cute dino, with a sword in its back, and I think that's kind of neat. Duramon I'm more mixed on as some of the design cues are a bit too reminiscent of previous Dragon lines, but I think it's design is fine as well.

Welp, Zubamon's cape is gone I guess.
While I like Subaigamon's design I find it kind of unoriginal how they followed the same quadrupedal Adult to bipedal Perfect line Huckmon had, although BaoHuckmon is a lot less beastly.
Duramon is cool but borrows too much from other Digimon designs like Alphamon and Jesmon. I hope they change the color palette a bit on the Ultimate.
To be honest, I have to say I prefer that design direction with Subaigamon and that's mostly because I feel it does that direction better then with BaoHackmon. With the latter my biggest problem with it was that it doesn't really stand out all too much from either Hackmon or SaviorHackmon, it's just basically a bigger, spikier version of the former and they don't do too much to make it pop out from them. With Subaigamon, I feel it's at least a bit more successful in using the idea since Zubamon isn't quadrupedal (which already makes a difference) and they play more into the weapons theme by basically making it a walking sword holder. So it ends up having something of its own feel, which is something I do appreciate them going with for the design even if it's drawing cues from a previous one.

Seymour Butz

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think Duramon, much like Zubamon himself (And maybe Subaigamon?) actually have multiple references to many well known franchise bits of the past.

OmegaShoutmon is the one that comes to mind for most people, but I see quite a bit of Magnamon in his head, and his chest sort of resembles Alphamon's to me.
Well, since so many past designs are themselves deliberately referential of still earlier designs, it’s hard to say where one influence ends and another begins, but even with that being said, Duramon looks especially like a ‘what if’ version of Omega Shoutmon: bladed arms instead of legs (and a tail because it’s less interesting otherwise); a more hunched, theropodal posture; and a head that looks like one of the × x forms instead of like Shoutmon’s own. Given that the whole Legendary Arms conceit began with × 4 S, I can’t imagine that this is a coincidence. The talk of transforming into weapons in their profiles and info blurbs leads me to wonder if they’re going to give each of Zubamon’s evolutions their own distinctly different weapon transformation like Spadamon, or if they’re just going to fold their bodies up slightly to emphasise the big blade, and maybe save weapon transformation for the ultimate level only. In either case, the fact that Duramon is like an inverted Omega Shoutmon leads me to wonder if his helmet will also do the reverse of what happened in the × x line, and become part of the body when he mode changes or evolves.

Garmmon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I say Spigermon because his name is likely a reference to "spiger", the Danish word for "spike".
Wouldn't it be pronounced "supa" in that case? Or do Ps sound like Bs sometimes in Danish?
Not only that, the 'i' in Danish 'spiger' is pronounced like 'ee', not 'eye' like in Subaigamon's name. The pronunciation I found also doesn't voice the 'g' in spiger.
I wouldn't completely rule it out I guess..it could be an inspiration/alteration.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow. I thought we'd get simple names of "Name Origins" mon like Volcanicdramon yet we get such complicated name origins to translate roughly. Eh?