Using Iremon/Digimon Cases

lonelydistance

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I recently got my first Digital Monster v-pet, and got an iremon (iremon 2, if that matters,) to go with it. I was curious what everyone's thoughts are about using them to protect your v-pets versus just being careful, since the way that the iremon hold your pet in place is by wedging a piece of plastic in the seam along the side of the device.
Has anybody noticed any wear and tear due to continual use of iremon?

Da_Duke2000

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just got a pair of the Iremon 2 in just a few days ago actually. Why don't I give them a try with a scrap pet over the next day or so ad see if I can notice any wear marks. Still, in my 10+ years around, I've never once seen anyone ever mention wear to keeping their V-Pet in a case.

lonelydistance

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That'd be fantastic. I'd rather not scuff up a grand pix model right after getting it... Let me know what your findings are, although you bring up a good point. If nobody's complained about it in the past it's probably not an issue.

Da_Duke2000

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh! I would heavily recommend not using them with a D-1 Version 4. The silver coating is surface only and does not extend through the entire body. The last thing you would want to do is have any kind of constant abrasion on it. I've seen some pretty worn down V4's. The gold Pendulum 5.5/Zero are different, in that the pigment runs through the whole plastic.

I wouldnt worry about any wear on any other devices though. I mean, accidentally dropping it in a case is a heck of a lot better than dropping without; and any damage/wearing due to the case is probably negligible compared to any deep scratches from it being dropped in a parking lot.

lonelydistance

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh! I would heavily recommend not using them with a D-1 Version 4. The silver coating is surface only and does not extend through the entire body. The last thing you would want to do is have any kind of constant abrasion on it. I've seen some pretty worn down V4's.
Oh snap. Thank you so much for the head's up. I'd really rather not scuff this up!
Actually, it looks like there is some scuffing from the iremon already from the one time I put it in.... orz