Update on Pumpkinmon Egg in ReArise- New Digimon Will Be Available Before Japan

SuperStarlite

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Made a trashy breakdown of my observation of the sillhouette.

I can see one leg rather clearly, but not the other, is it stepping towards the screen?

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Coat collar? You didn't point out that smoking pipe...

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh Baron Samedi! That's why I thought of Dr Facilier originally! The Shadow Man was designed to be invocative of the Loa of the dead:
Image Thumbnail (custom)

safron13

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe I'm late to the party due to too many hours playing Xenoblade 2 -- but that silhouette looks an awful lot like Special Inquisitor Morag Ladair. To wit, if its Fire element, I'm going to call it a shout-out and cackle madly. XD

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Chimera-gui I think you're onto something. Could his cane be a needle and his body be a voodoo doll? Pumpmon was a plush toy afterall.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm still very interesting to see what this could be. But yeah, we get that goal, I might just get this game.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Chimera-gui I think you're onto something. Could his cane be a needle and his body be a voodoo doll? Pumpmon was a plush toy afterall.

Possibly though the proportions of the silhouette are lean which voodoo dolls typically aren't.

Granted Pumpkinmon might have been stretched to the more human proportions of a scarecrow during Digivolution which would tie into the previously mentioned Jack of the Lantern since scarecrows can depicted with a pumpkin head, especially if they're meant to be scary.

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Baron Samedi might be good option but how to handle it as -"mon" as a name for Digimon...?

Coat collar? You didn't point out that smoking pipe...
That's because I don't think it's a pipe, I think it's just the end of the coat's collar.
Really? Okay won't comment. I only said that because I seriously doubt it's just one end of coat's collars because it has weird shape and it's way bigger compared to others in my view.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Baron Samedi might be good option but how to handle it as -"mon" as a name for Digimon...?
Easy enough. If they don’t want BaronSamedimon they could use Samedimon or even Ghedemon.

Flamon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Perhaps it shows off what music genre I like but I'm getting some crazy Alice Cooper vibes.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Perhaps it shows off what music genre I like but I'm getting some crazy Alice Cooper vibes.
I'm guessing he got it from the same place since the Baron is a common theme for stuff like the music he does. But I kind of really like the idea of using that as a character. Since I saw Cloak and Dagger plus two friends/people I know, has a service dog named Legba, which was another name for him.

SuperStarlite

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
...my brother actually proposed something close to that when he saw the silhouette.