MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just a small update...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Over on the ReArise Facebook they've posted a small update regarding the Pumpkinmon Egg, which is the 500k pre-registration goal.

While we previously knew the egg would hatch, you'd raise it to get Pumpkinmon, and eventually digivolve it to a new Mega level Digimon, we get an interesting new detail...

The new Mega Digimon will be obtainable in the international version before it appears in the Japanese version.

A few days ago it was announced that 300k pre-registrations were hit, so it's still a bit off before registrations hit the point where everyone will get this new egg.

The 500k level also gets 50 DigiRubies and a train car decoration for players.

The game is currently listed on the Google Play Store for Android users and the Apple App Store for iOS users.

Digimon ReArise has no solid date announced for when it may launch, although the Apple App Store lists October 21st as a stand-in date.

Grovyle48

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's cool. I'm interested in this new Digimon. The silhouette makes me think it has a top hat. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Sleepy Hollow/Headless Horseman themed.

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The silhouette alone vaguely reminds me of a Christmas nutcracker.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's cool. I'm interested in this new Digimon. The silhouette makes me think it has a top hat. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Sleepy Hollow/Headless Horseman themed.
Seems like a top hat would be superfluous in that case...

Grovyle48

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Seems like a top hat would be superfluous in that case...
Heh, fair point. Ostensibly he would have a jack-o-lantern for a head.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Jack-o-Lantern is very obvious because that's all I can think of. But did I spy... A smoking pipe? And the musical baton stick thingy?

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It might be a walking cane since this Digimon seems to be a 19th century Victorian English gentleman or at least invocative of it

In fact, the silhouette is giving me vibes of a certain Disney villain:

Last edited:

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It might be a walking cane since this Digimon seems to be a 19th century Victorian English gentleman or at least invocative of it

In fact, the silhouette is giving me vibes of a certain Disney villain:
Haha, this was my first thought when I saw the silhouette. But maybe something more akin to a Jack the Ripper theme?

Anyway, nice to see that they're incentivizing the western base. It took forever for KHUX to achieve that kind of parity, so it's nice to see this might not have the same problems. I'm really looking forward to it!

Amandil7

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I love when they give Megas to neglected Digimon with incomplete lines. (like Titamon for Ogremon's line). Hope this trend continues!

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Neglected ones. Yeah... Yanmamon. Dragonflies are the only ones that actually are awesome in the real life :/ and TonosamaGekomon cannot get his Ultimate form for unknown reasons. Gorimon... Hanumon got his awesome Perfect form. But let's be extremely patient to wait

Jack the ripper huh I don't see how halloween-like is it for Pumpmon the childish prankster.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh I didn't consider the Ripper at first that makes sense Jack already gets the Jason Voorhees treatment of having supernatural elements added to him including being conflated with fabled London attacker "Spring-heeled Jack" so why not combine him with the mythical Jack of the Lantern.

Hell, Medievil 2 gave us this ghoulish take on Whitechapel's most infamous serial killer:
Image Thumbnail (custom)

Last edited:

e105zeta

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think people expecting a grim dark Nightmare Soldier may be disapointed when to me, that silhouette basically screams "Japan still loves Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas and Would You Be Interested in Brook from One Piece with a Pumpkinhead?"

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh I'm not going to deny that Brook with pumpkin head is a possibility but even then, people forget that Brook's gotten scarier as the series has gone on and the nature of his Devil Fruit has been shown.

He may started as a joke character but there's a reason his title is "Soul King" Brook:

Hell, Jack Skellington isn't someone to be fucked with either given that he earn his title of Pumpkin King through being as the scariest monster in Halloween Town and was the one to put down the Oogie Boogie Man.

So while it's probably not gonna go full Jack the Ripper I can completely believe Pumpkinmon's Digivolution being tonally close to "Soul King" Brook, baby!

Last edited:

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just hope he still has a Jack-O-Lantern face.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
19th century Victorian English gentleman
For a Data type (Pumpmon's Data type) while Voltobautamon for 18th or even older century Italian gentleman Virus type...

No idea for Vaccine type which fit well to... Since all kind of century "gentleman" images in any countries aren't perfect.... for Vaccine types by just imaging so hard. I guess it's just my viewpoint.

Jack skellington? I tried to check its origin for research on the old folklore stories and didn't find any. Or did I overlooked it?

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Jack Skellington is the main protagonist of the 1993 film The Nightmare Before Christmas.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I know him very well since I was a child. I think he is pretty original character from Disney. There is no old folklore tale based on him. Unlike other Disney movies who were based on the original folklore/fairy tales. Oh well I was under impression of he is based on the mexican fairy/folklore tale...

DigiGrader

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't expect something much different from Piedmon or pinochimon from that silhouette.
The silhouette really reminds of Petin the dark clown from yugioh

Last edited:

e105zeta

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I know him very well since I was a child. I think he is pretty original character from Disney. There is no old folklore tale based on him. Unlike other Disney movies who were based on the original folklore/fairy tales. Oh well I was under impression of he is based on the mexican fairy/folklore tale...
Jack Skellington is basically a mishmash of several dozen ghost stories/dark fairytales and minor death gods. Jack O'Lantern, the Boogeyman, Bucca-Boo, Baron Samedi, etc. etc.