Update on LoadKnightmon in Data Squad and Eldradimon

Matsuo_Makoto

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=BlitzkrieGreymon link=topic=6413.msg77507#msg77507 date=1197676185]
I wonder if they're going to change his attack names or if they don't really care if there are two nearly identical Digimon of opposite gender and different names that both use "Spiral Masquerade" and such...
[/quote]I honestly think it's just a matter of them thinking:
1. Let's keep the gender. Why change it?
2. Why did they change the name in frontier? Screw that, let's keep the name this time. (and yes, technically they KEPT the RIGHT name. Just romanized it differently than expected.)

So i'd say nah. Spiral Masquerade is an awesome attack name anyway lol.

CyberDramon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
RhodoKnightmon. This seems to be a play on 'rhodonite' (a pink stone his armor is probably made of) and 'Lord Knight' (which is... technically still a knight, but probably a ruling knight. Remember, only men -yes, men, not boys, girls, or women- could become knights, and only if they were royalty and only if they could pass the test of knighthood). This would be a logical step up from 'Knightmon'. The flowers? They might have been Rhodorendrons (not roses, although they look similar at off-glance). 'Spiral Masquerade'? Throwing flowers around? All we need is for him to start quoting poetry before we can call him undeniably 'Romantic'. Yes, Romantic, not gay. If he were a prince (or a king?), then most 'middle-ages' girls of nobility would probably eat that stuff up, because a handsome prince throwing flowers around and talking poetry would be seen as very romantic (especially if it's good poetry).

People see what they want to see. If they want to see a connection to olden-day romance, they see it. If they want to see a gay stereotype, they see it.

Crusadermon? The Crusades had some knights in them, but most of the 'crusaders' were not knights, and weren't going to fight with the intention of 'freeing Jerusalem from the Turks' (as can be seen by the constant sacking of Constantinople). So the crusaders didn't have anything to do, directly, with either royalty or being a knight. Besides that, back in the day, I believe women weren't allowed to go to war, much less become a knight. Crusadermon? okay. Making him a woman? That was just a bad idea. They could have easily left him as a guy and made some comedy lines between him and Dynasmon with Dynasmon getting upset with the flowers and Crusadermon saying that Dynasmon has no romance in his soul, or something.

But now that that is done, and we cannot change it... a colour change to go with the name change? possible, but is it practical? BomberNanimon was only in 1 episode, I do believe, and he was a bomb (Disney's anti-violence thing would be an obvious reason to change him to air on their channel), but how many episodes did RhodoKnightmon air in? And how long were his appearances each time? (If they *really* want to present him as a different Digimon, a name change and a 'slide evolution' reference of some kind should suffice without adding to the number of the Royal Knights).

As for the name, there's the Japanese romanization, the literal translation of meaning, and the politics surrounding broadcast rules and company ethics. Given all that, the *best* translation would probably be 'Rhodo', for the pun. However, how many 8-year-olds (their target audience) are going to pick up that there even *is* a pun? So 'Load' isn't all that bad. While having nothing specifically to with 'Royal Knight', you can't say it's any worse than Crusadermon.

And the name change? Remember Tapirmon to... what was he called in Frontier? Bakumon? That's relatively the same situation as now. In Adventure 02, Tapirmon had a supporting role in a few episodes. Then a one-shot role in another season. With Crusadermon, she was around a little longer, but she and Dynasmon basically came to blow stuff up. And I don't recall either of their names being mentioned all that much. Tapir, if I recall correctly, is a direct translation of what was romanized as 'Baku'. Load, if what people are saying is right, is a possible romanization of the Japanese for 'Rhodo'. Don't know where 'Crusader' fits in all this, except as a rough adjective for the Digimon.

Then we have Toei. We already know what the promotional names for the characters were from their website. They're the wild-card in all this, and if they mess up their own works we can call it a mess-up, or 'the way Toei intended it to be in english'. Whether that is good or bad, you decide for yourself.

Hagaren Gao

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Digi-Brigade link=topic=6413.msg77397#msg77397 date=1197610014]
@Hagaren Gao
I'm sick of you like you only taking half of the argument, I make, or more so only the part that they can debunk.
If I turn out to be right Your one of the people who's face I'm going to rub it in.
[/quote]
Do you *want* me to argue with your entire opinion then? I'm just sying what I disagree with, here.

But I still don't think it's really likely. It'd be a lot cheaper to just make LoadKnightmon a girl rather to spend time repainting whole episodes. And if they were to repaint him, that probally wouldn't effect BioLotusmon as they would have to deal with her first.

And if you are right, then I accept all the face-rubbing you want.

Anyway every one seems to not see the Orange Bomber Nanimon as relevent to my theory, we have seen it before, so it shouldn't be that hard to find possible.

And so you don't yell at me for taking half of the arguement, I do see how this is relavent to your theory, but there isn't even a hint from Jeff about him (LoadKnightmon, not Jeff XD) being recolored.

....Im surprised nobody has asked Jeff about the whole BioLotusmon thing yet o_O

Master-Element

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=godofchaos link=topic=6413.msg77434#msg77434 date=1197624149]
That's a logical fallicy, he doesn't have to prove a negative, you have to prove a positive.
[/quote]
You have a point there, But I never thought Theory had anything to do with proof, just giving reasons why its a possibility.

[quote author=Hagaren Gao link=topic=6413.msg77528#msg77528 date=1197683373]
Do you *want* me to argue with your entire opinion then? I'm just sying what I disagree with, here.
And if you are right, then I accept all the face-rubbing you want.

....Im surprised nobody has asked Jeff about the whole BioLotusmon thing yet o_O
[/quote]
Sorry didn't mean to flip out like that, I guess I was Displacing my Stress from the Final I had to day.

wouldn't effect BioLotusmon as they would have to deal with her first.
One can only hope

Blackjack Gabbiani

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=CyberDramon link=topic=6413.msg77524#msg77524 date=1197681684]
and made some comedy lines between him and Dynasmon[/quote]

...even in the dub, I can tell that comedy between those two would be wildly out of character. Heck, Dynasmon's line compairing the Villiage of Beginnings to a "happy Birthday cake" was out of character, and that's the closest either of them got to comedy.

Anyway, in defense of the name Crusadermon, the crusaders (as well as their opponents) wanted to force those they fought to conform to their will. And that's basically what the Frontier Royal Knights wanted.