Unpopular opinions and rants about the Digimon franchize.

Darklabo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
-Extra how dare you. (I actually just hate Fighter and Paladin mode. I think the designs are stupid. Paladin mode had a good backstory and anime appearances, but I think it's still kinda ugly.)
A friend of mine was fairly disappointed in the fact that Imperialdramon's Dragon Mode got shafted for a humanoid form. I kinda find myself agreeing with him, especially when you consider how the Ultimate level grew ridiculously over-saturated with humanoids in the time since 02.
I don’t blame Imperialdramon Fighter Mode for that, but I guess I could have liked the idea of Dragon Mode evolving straight up into Paladin Mode without Fighter Mode acting as a transition form.
Maybe they could also give it’s own Super Ultimate to Imperialdramon DM.
Eh. I think he’s kinda pointless, he appear literally 5 minutes after Vanilla Ulforce’s first appearance and just one-shot the final boss.
Good point. Zeromaru as an Aero V-dramon was already slaughtering Ultimates left and right, and he only JUST evolved into Ulforce V-dramon to take out Arcadimon in his Super Ultimate form. But then, just because Demon suddenly returns and becomes a Super Ultimate himself, it's as if Zeromaru's newly acquired Ultimate form had immediately become completely pointless and he couldn't take on THIS Super Ultimate without evolving yet again?

Regardless, I would like to see Future Mode see some usage in the franchise once more. Still kinda surprise it didn't appear in Hacker's Memory, given how much that game revolved around Arcadimon, and even seemed to have some involvement from V-Tamer's mangaka (also kinda helps that Cyber Sleuth seemingly reintroduced the Super Ultimate terminology for more recent media). For that matter, I was thinking they could've taken the opportunity to expand on that dimension's Ulforce V-dramon (who was presumed to be unceremoniously killed off in the first Cyber Sleuth), but alas, that wasn't to be the case.
Agreed.
Personally, I would like all of those powered-up Super Ultimate forms (UlForceVeedramon FM, Dukemon CM, Imperialdramon PM, Omegamon MM...) to make a few more appearances.
UlForceVeedramon FM has probably the worst treatment of them all since he isn’t even used for gameplay reasons.

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Watched Mazinger Zero's op attacks. I really want Imperialdramon Fighter Mode X to base on that. Knowing my opinions might be unpopular because they never give 02 partners X forms besides Magnamon X was just lucky for being a member of Royal Knight.

Also I wondered why even after Imperialdramon Paladin Mode finally re-appear few more times yet he managed to be somewhat forgettable?! I thought he is only memorable for having 1st oldest card of his with 900 attack point and unique power of Omega blade that is different from Omegamon's sword and few other things to mention...

Jeez

Pleasehearmyopinion

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
He’s fat.
Adds to his charm.
His design make a lot more sense than Ulforce, Imo.
I understand, it does seem like a natural progression from Paildramon, and AeroVeedramon to Ulforce is the same thing as MetalGrey to WarGrey. It really doesn't make sense, but we accept it anyway.
He’s a badass dragon warrior with sick bat wings and a super belly-canon.
I actually have major problems with this. I think his Batwings look wimpy and weak, and true enough I makes him unique and gives him flair, but I think it's ugly and unfitting for a Dragon warrior. Plus, I think they screwed up when making Paladin mode's wings. They look like untextured angel wings. I also think the Belly cannon is stupid looking. It's weird and adds to the clunkiness of the Overall design.
Eh. I think he’s kinda pointless, he appear literally 5 minutes after Vanilla Ulforce’s first appearance and just one-shot the final boss.
True enough. I think it's kinda cool, but I understand how narratively, it's an extremely flawed appearance.

Yamato-san

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Plus, I think they screwed up when making Paladin mode's wings. They look like untextured angel wings.
On one hand, potentially giving Paladin Mode angel wings does almost seem like an oversight. But on the other hand, I actually think the pure white dragon wings look pretty nice. Plus, it's not as if there's even remotely a shortage of angel wings among Digimon. Even Omegamon got them with its Merciful Mode.

Pleasehearmyopinion

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Plus, I think they screwed up when making Paladin mode's wings. They look like untextured angel wings.
On one hand, potentially giving Paladin Mode angel wings does almost seem like an oversight. But on the other hand, I actually think the pure white dragon wings look pretty nice. Plus, it's not as if there's even remotely a shortage of angel wings among Digimon. Even Omegamon got them with its Merciful Mode.

It's not much a problem with it looking like angel wings, I just don't like how they look untextured and unfinished. Although, I doubt actual angel wings would have been better. In my opinion, batlike wings only work on the more Beastial Digimon, like Canowiessmon or IP Dragonmode. (Anyone else shorthand it to IP Dragon mode? I can't be the only one.)
Plus, it's not as if there's even remotely a shortage of angel wings among Digimon. Even Omegamon got them with its Merciful Mode.
AND THERE'S THE OTHER GUY WHO'S WINGS I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH! I AM STARTING TO SEE A CORRELATION.

Darklabo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Mazinger Zero's op attacks. I really want Imperialdramon Fighter Mode X to base on that. Knowing my opinions might be unpopular because they never give 02 partners X forms besides Magnamon X was just lucky for being a member of Royal Knight.

Also I wondered why even after Imperialdramon Paladin Mode finally re-appear few more times yet he managed to be somewhat forgettable?! I thought he is only memorable for having 1st oldest card of his with 900 attack point and unique power of Omega blade that is different from Omegamon's sword and few other things to mention...

Jeez
He’s also one of the only three Digimon of the TCG with 16000DP, and the first of them.

And the strongest Digimon of the Pendulum Ver.20th Anniversary, despite the presence of newer powerhouses like Alphamon Ouryuken and Susanoomon.
He’s fat.
Adds to his charm.
AeroVeedramon looks stupid and terrible at flying.
Not to mention, just adding wings to the evolution is a really boring design choice.
His design make a lot more sense than Ulforce, Imo.
I understand, it does seem like a natural progression from Paildramon, and AeroVeedramon to Ulforce is the same thing as MetalGrey to WarGrey. It really doesn't make sense, but we accept it anyway.
He’s a badass dragon warrior with sick bat wings and a super belly-canon.
I actually have major problems with this. I think his Batwings look wimpy and weak, and true enough I makes him unique and gives him flair, but I think it's ugly and unfitting for a Dragon warrior. Plus, I think they screwed up when making Paladin mode's wings. They look like untextured angel wings. I also think the Belly cannon is stupid looking. It's weird and adds to the clunkiness of the Overall design.
And I think the bat wings improve his already great design by making him looks like some sort of dark dragon warrior as opposed to Omegamon’s holy design.
The wings are big enough, so they doesn’t look weak at all, I don’t understand how you can think that.
The belly canon is another nice touch which once again give an unique feeling to his design and serve as a smart reminder to his dragon form like the T-Rex head often become the belly of a Megazord.
And the angel wings are just a trend for high-tier Digimon and amplify the idea that he became a Holy Knight, another thing UlForceVeedramon is missing.

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I might have an unpopular Royal Knights ranking (ordered):

9Xg6O05.jpeg

shynely

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The wings are big enough, so they doesn’t look weak at all, I don’t understand how you can think that.

Might be how they're just really narrow relative to the overall size of his wingspan.

HnX2gPV.jpg

(arrows are edited in)

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I might have an unpopular Royal Knights ranking (ordered):

9Xg6O05.jpeg
I'd put Ulforce Up with Great and bump Jesmon down with Dynasmon.

But yes, Dynasmon is definitely the worst Royal Knight. It's just such a redundant design, especially since the superior Ulforce looks so dang similar to it.

So many of the RK are dragon knights simply because they're protagonist partners who are usually dragons.

There's no reason for Dynasmon to be another Dragon Knight cluttering that up when he was designed as an antagonist. I literally wish I could swap him with Bloom Lordmon.