Unpopular opinions and rants about the Digimon franchize.

Tortoiseshel

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The recent Digimon Profile about Digimon classifications/Fields reminded me that I hate how ice and snow Digimon get lumped together with aquatic Digimon. Yukidarumon makes no sense as a Deep Savers Digimon! It's a snowman, it would just melt in the ocean! I wish they'd just make a new Field for icy Digimon, they could even call it Blizzard Fang after the DiM card.

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’m not sure anything happened in the Xros Wars manga that would need to be censored for Japanese TV. Western TV on the other hand…

The Japanese DRB basically censored Luminamon Nene by not using the design the manga used and are pretending the Shademon version doesn't exist

anyway the worst of them is prob the moon-millieniummon nene ver

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wish the manga didn't make Nene relevent so that I can stop seeing her dumb hair. Her brother's hair is even more dumb.

Mr_Web

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wish the manga didn't make Nene relevent so that I can stop seeing her dumb hair. Her brother's hair is even more dumb.
Does Nene have a character ever? In the anime or manga?

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't know, I hadn't read the manga.
After voicing I didn't like the XW anime, everyone used to always tell me to read the manga and I'm just like I don't really want to go back into this universe. Maybe some other day, but if I'm reading the mangas I'd rather read other stuff first like V-Tamer first

Mon-Ohma

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Honestly, the general treatment of Nene in both Anime and Manga has long been one of my biggest pet peeves in the whole franchise.
Especially since they initially gave her such a cool looking partner like Darkknightmon. But then they just had to go pull the whole ‘being manipulated all along’ twist…

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Honestly, the general treatment of Nene in both Anime and Manga has long been one of my biggest pet peeves in the whole franchise.
Especially since they initially gave her such a cool looking partner like Darkknightmon. But then they just had to go pull the whole ‘being manipulated all along’ twist…
To be fair, it was more to establish DarkKnightmon’s character as someone who stabs others in the back with at least one of those backstabs being a literal one.

Yamato-san

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To be fair, it was more to establish DarkKnightmon’s character as someone who stabs others in the back with at least one of those backstabs being a literal one.
Yes, and for all that could be said about Xros Wars, DarkKnightmon was quite the awesome character. Honestly, I wish he could've been the final villain, rather than Bagramon turning the tables on his backstabbing attempt (the villain who had essentially no character and just sat his lazy ass on his throne for 50 or so episodes).

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes, and for all that could be said about Xros Wars, DarkKnightmon was quite the awesome character. Honestly, I wish he could've been the final villain, rather than Bagramon turning the tables on his backstabbing attempt (the villain who had essentially no character and just sat his lazy ass on his throne for 50 or so episodes).
I enjoyed the twists where Bagramon was expecting it all along and only pretended to die and let AxeKnightmon do all the work cuz he couldn't be bothered. It was funny, clever, and surprising

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I enjoyed the twists where Bagramon was expecting it all along and only pretended to die and let AxeKnightmon do all the work cuz he couldn't be bothered. It was funny, clever, and surprising
I do think it says something about Lord Bagra as a villain that he not only knows his brother well enough to basically take advantage of DarkKnightmon's ambitions to achieve his own ends but does so knowing full well the risks if he couldn't overpower DarkKnightmon from within.

That is a level magnificent bastardry that Beast Wars Megatron, a character who surrounds himself with ambitious, backstabbing bastards (namely Tarantulas, Blackarachnia and Rampage) specifically to take advantage of them to achieve his own ends, would commend.

Last edited:

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Lord Bagra was exactly that kind of villain. It's like Power Ranger villains. Hey, the most recent one in Japan, Zenkaiger, had a final boss that was just a head and arm in a wall until the final arc. He needed Dark Knightmon to do everything he had planed.

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Does Nene have a character ever? In the anime or manga?
Nene has a character in the anime and the manga.
She's just needlessly and regrettably sexualized.

Yamato-san

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Eh, point made about Bagramon. Though I still prefer DarkKnightmon, and I would've absolutely loved to see him succeed in pulling a Kefka at the end there.

Masonicon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
whatever Digimon anime actively give humans superpowers at any occasion, Digimon has already gone with all new kids and universes

Takatofan1986

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Applimon is underrated, highly.

Probably really unpopular, but adventure 2020 was too dark for me. They had some light eps later on that were nice, but I didn't like the overall tone.

Darklabo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
- Digimon V-Tamer isn’t that good, Xros Wars is the best Digimon manga.

- Veedramon and AeroVeedramon have boring design, the worst evolutions of Veemon.

- UlForceVeedramon is decent but inferior to Imperialdramon (all three forms).

- UlForceVeedramon Future Mode is one of the lamest Digimon ever, designwise, storywise and lorewise.

- People take Chronicle way too seriously when it’s just a few pages unrelated to each other to explain the context of the Pendulum X.
It’s almost publicity at this point, like the Pokémon Origins anime is for the games.

- People take the DRB way too seriously when it has been canonically written by researchers who aren’t omniscient nor completely objective.

Be salty, my body is ready 😎

Illu

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

- Veedramon and AeroVeedramon have boring design, the worst evolutions of Veemon.

- UlForceVeedramon Future Mode is one of the lamest Digimon ever, designwise, storywise and lorewise.

- People take Chronicle way too seriously when it’s just a few pages unrelated to each other to explain the context of the Pendulum X.
It’s almost publicity at this point, like the Pokémon Origins anime is for the games.

- People take the DRB way too seriously when it has been canonically written by researchers who aren’t omniscient nor completely objective.

- I agree that people overhype V-Tamer too much, but I think Xros Wars is only a smidge better than it.
-How dare you
-Extra how dare you. (I actually just hate Fighter and Paladin mode. I think the designs are stupid. Paladin mode had a good backstory and anime appearances, but I think it's still kinda ugly.)
-I agree that design wise, it's not too good. Lorewise, I think it's okay, but I really like how they portrayed him storywise.
-Literally this! It's basically just Go! Go! Digital monsters but for the Pendulum X. People put way too much stock in it.
-Again, word.

Darklabo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

- I agree that people overhype V-Tamer too much, but I think Xros Wars is only a smidge better than it.
Fair.
-How dare you
He’s fat.
-Extra how dare you. (I actually just hate Fighter and Paladin mode. I think the designs are stupid. Paladin mode had a good backstory and anime appearances, but I think it's still kinda ugly.)
His design make a lot more sense than Ulforce, Imo.
He’s a badass dragon warrior with sick bat wings and a super belly-canon.
Even his name and colors are better than Ulforce’s, and he just looks like he could crush him with one hand.
Paladin is super cool as well with his holy white color-scheme and his OP sword.
-I agree that design wise, it's not too good. Lorewise, I think it's okay, but I really like how they portrayed him storywise.
Eh. I think he’s kinda pointless, he appear literally 5 minutes after Vanilla Ulforce’s first appearance and just one-shot the final boss.
-Literally this! It's basically just Go! Go! Digital monsters but for the Pendulum X. People put way too much stock in it.
-Again, word.
Honestly, I was expecting a lot more salt from the first answer :p

Mon-Ohma

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I prefer ‘Next’ out of all the Manga myself.

Yamato-san

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A friend of mine was fairly disappointed in the fact that Imperialdramon's Dragon Mode got shafted for a humanoid form. I kinda find myself agreeing with him, especially when you consider how the Ultimate level grew ridiculously over-saturated with humanoids in the time since 02.

Eh. I think he’s kinda pointless, he appear literally 5 minutes after Vanilla Ulforce’s first appearance and just one-shot the final boss.
Good point. Zeromaru as an Aero V-dramon was already slaughtering Ultimates left and right, and he only JUST evolved into Ulforce V-dramon to take out Arcadimon in his Super Ultimate form. But then, just because Demon suddenly returns and becomes a Super Ultimate himself, it's as if Zeromaru's newly acquired Ultimate form had immediately become completely pointless and he couldn't take on THIS Super Ultimate without evolving yet again?

Regardless, I would like to see Future Mode see some usage in the franchise once more. Still kinda surprise it didn't appear in Hacker's Memory, given how much that game revolved around Arcadimon, and even seemed to have some involvement from V-Tamer's mangaka (also kinda helps that Cyber Sleuth seemingly reintroduced the Super Ultimate terminology for more recent media). For that matter, I was thinking they could've taken the opportunity to expand on that dimension's Ulforce V-dramon (who was presumed to be unceremoniously killed off in the first Cyber Sleuth), but alas, that wasn't to be the case.