Unpopular opinions and rants about the Digimon franchize.

JR9386

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wrote this elsewhere, but here goes...

Honestly, while Lopmon is "cute", I dislike it being shoehorned as a default line for Cherubimon in practically every incarnation of the franchise. Sure, the same could be said for Salamon and Patamon, but Lopmon seems like a natural pair to Terriermon, that gets forced into the Holy Angel family of Digimon. While this is just Tamers specific, SaintGargomon, while probably inspired by a Saint Bernard (dog), seems like a quasi tie-in to Cherubimon. I'd honestly rather him than SlashAngemon, but that's another story.

DigiKing Tamer

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
While I actually like Zubamon, it seems like 90% of the fanbase is out to get him and his Digivolution line. (Not that I can't see why though.) I just hope that the 25th anniversary Digimon doesn't suffer the same fate.

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
While I actually like Zubamon, it seems like 90% of the fanbase is out to get him and his Digivolution line. (Not that I can't see why though.) I just hope that the 25th anniversary Digimon doesn't suffer the same fate.
I see Zubamon's evolution line to be strictly worse than Hackmon's aesthetically. Durandamon and Jesmon are both trying to be anniversary sword dragons but why was Jesmon made first and look tons better? I like Zubamon and yellow is my favorite color but god Durandamon looks silly when it's trying to look cool