Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
booster12tyutyumon_november7_2022.jpg
booster12damemon_november7_2022.jpg
booster12tuwarmon_november7_2022.jpg

The Digimon Card Game Twitter has updated with a card preview from Booster Set 12 Across Time. This time it's Tyutyumon, Damemon, & Tuwarmon.

After Yuu we get a trio! Tyutyumon is hanging around with some coins and has a bit of a fun smirk. Damemon looks to be a specific scene from Hunters (if I'm remembering right.) And Tuwarmon gets a great action pose in the sky.

All 3 are already on the errata list, along with Astamon.

Previous previews for Booster Set 12 Dimensional Phase:

Booster Set 12 Across Time is out November 25th, 2022.

We have early detailed for Booster Set RB-01 Rising Wind.

We have early details for Booster Set EX-04 Alternative Being.

We have early details for Booster Set 12 Across Time.

We have early details for Starter Deck 14 Advanced Deck Beelzebumon.

We have clean card images from Booster Set 11 Dimensional Phase, Battle Pack 14, & Special Promotion Pack 2022 Version 3.0.

And images from previous Digimon Card Game releases:
Starter Decks 1, 2, and 3, and first 10 promo cards
Booster Set 1 New Evolution
Booster Set 2 Ultimate Power
V-Tamer Promo Cards
Purple/Black Promo Set
Tamer Battle Pack 1 and Tamer Battle Winner's Card
Booster Set 3 Union Impact
Starter Decks 4, 5, & 6, plus Tamer Battle Pack 2 & winner's Card 2, & 1st 2 scene vote cards
Booster Set 4 Great Legend, Tamer Battle Pack 3, 3rd Scene Vote, Dark Digimon Promo Pack, & Apparel Cards
Booster Set 5 Battle of Omega, plus Tamer Battle Pack 4, 4th Scene Vote, & Vital Bracelet Pack-In Cards
Starter Decks 7 & 8, plus Delay Promos, Tamers Battle Pack 5, 1st Anniversary Promos, & Pulsemon
Booster Set 6 Double Diamond Cards, the 1st Anniversary Adventure Pack, and more
Booster Set EX-01 Classic Collection, plus Tamer Battle Pack 6 & 7, Tyranomon & dual Zeromaru Promo Cards
Booster Set 7 Next Adventure, Campaign Cards, & Tamers 20th Promo Cards
Starter Decks 9 & 10, plus Tamers Battle Pack 8, Ghost Game Promos, Online Promos, Tamers Evolution Box 1, & Amazon Starter Promos
Booster Set 8 New Hero, Starter Deck 11, plus Tamer Battle Pack 9 & Event Cards
Booster Set 9 X Record, plus Battle Pack 10, Special Promo Pack 2022, Update Pack, & Evolution Box 2
Starter Decks 12 & 13, Luxury Finished Tamers, plus Battle Pack 11
Booster Set 10 Xros Encounter, plus Battle Pack 12, Special Promo Pack 2022 v2, & Evolution Cup Cards
Booster Set EX-03 Dragon's Roar and Survive, DC-1, Memorial, Battle Pack 13, Illustration, & Espimon Promo Cards

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 11,926

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You know when I asked if we were going to get Damemon and/or Tuwarmon because of Yuu, it wasn’t with the expectation of actually getting both along with ChuuChuumon.

Dynamicmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
they goofed on the inheritable.
all 3 give blocker on your turn
they were quick to respond with an errata tho

Hydranoid413

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
ChuChumon’s a little weird since he died in Xros Wars, although DarknessBagramon’s in this set so eh, and also he’s the only Rookie really associated with Damemon/Tsuwarmon

Bancho

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
does anybody else hear Baka Mitai from the Yakuza OST in their head when they see Damemon because of memes?

ChuuChuumon
Rookie | Virus | Beast
[Digivolve: 2 from Lv. 2 with <Save>]
[On Deletion] <Save>
Inherited Effect: [Opponent's Turn] While this Digimon has <Save>, this Digimon gains <Blocker>

Damemon
Champion | Virus | Mutant / Xros Heart
[Digivolve: 0 from Lv. 3 with <Save>]
[On Play] [When Digivolving] Reveal the top 3 cards from your deck. You may play 1 [Taiki Kido], [Yuu Amano], or [ Tagiru Akashi] from among the revealed cards without paying its play cost. Return the rest of the revealed cards to the bottom of your deck in any order.
[On Deletion] <Save>, then place 1 Digimon Card with <Save> from your trash to underneath 1 of your Tamers.
[Digixros -2] 1 Digimon card with <Save>.
Inherited Effect: [Opponent's Turn] While this digimon has <Save>, this Digimon gains <Blocker>

Tuwarmon
Champion | Virus | Mutant / Xros Heart
[Digivolve: 3 from Lv. 3 with <Save>]
[When Digivolving] <Dedigivolve 1> 1 of your opponent's Digimon that are Lv. 5 or lower. For every 2 cards in this Digimon's digivolution cards, increase the level this effect can target by 1.
[On Deletion] <Save>. Then, place 1 Digimon Card with <Save> from your trash to underneath 1 of your Tamers.
Inherited Effect: [Opponent's Turn] While this digimon has <Save>, this Digimon gains <Blocker>

CloneWarrior

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Okay, Damemon and Tuwarmon definitely weren't part of the Xros Heart army disbanded prior to Hunters, so I'm bringing my argument about Tagiru not being considered Xros Heart back up. :p

You know when I asked if we were going to get Damemon and/or Tuwarmon because of Yuu, it wasn’t with the expectation of actually getting both along with ChuuChuumon.

Eh, I was hoping we'd get an unused black level 3 instead of Tyutyumon, but I figured Damemon and Tuwarmon were a guarantee and Tyutyumon was the pretty likely.

D O R U g o r a m o n

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Shame there arent any fusions between him and shoutmon for the Xros heart tag to actually matter. Unless they create a new shoutmon this set that can fuse with him.

Dynamicmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
does anybody else hear Baka Mitai from the Yakuza OST in their head when they see Damemon because of memes?
when you live in japan for 5.5 years, not particularly
at this point it'd be like thinking of 'Can't Touch This' anytime someone says "stop", which, admitedly, does happen on occasion

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Shame there arent any fusions between him and shoutmon for the Xros heart tag to actually matter. Unless they create a new shoutmon this set that can fuse with him.
To be fair, they are compatible with any cards that involve Xros Heart in their effects such as Mervamon’s DigiXros effect.

robiu013

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Kinda figured these would be the missing black Digimon considering it was 1 rookie + 2 champions... and later the tamer being mentioned in other support cards of the set.

Honestly, it bothers me more than it should that Tuwarmon is treated as a battle mode for Damemon rather than his ultimate form. I could easily see the evolution line of Chuuchuumon -> Damemon -> Tuwarmon -> KingEtemon working parallel to Chuumon -> Sukamon -> Etemon -> MetalEtemon. But it probably messes with it's fusions.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Honestly, it bothers me more than it should that Tuwarmon is treated as a battle mode for Damemon rather than his ultimate form.
The problem is that Damemon is canonically a disguise for Tuwarmon, Hunters basically fucked the dog when it made Tuwarmon Damemon’s Digivolution since this directly contradicts not only original Xros Wars but Tuwarmon's own lore.

It would like making Arukenimon’s human form Level V and her true form Level VI.

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It would have been better if in Xros Wars, Damemon best friended Scumon. And Scumon wearing Etemon's suit as its combat form. Just like Damemon switching to Tuwarmon. Also, we can leave all level things in Scumon-Etemon in Xros Wars if they did this. The Etemon could still be Scumon inside, not a Scumon that evolved.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Honestly, it bothers me more than it should that Tuwarmon is treated as a battle mode for Damemon rather than his ultimate form.
The problem is that Damemon is canonically a disguise for Tuwarmon, Hunters basically fucked the dog when it made Tuwarmon Damemon’s Digivolution since this directly contradicts not only original Xros Wars but Tuwarmon's own lore.

It would like making Arukenimon’s human form Level V and her true form Level VI.
It should’ve and could’ve been both as with Sleipmon in Savers disguising herself by lowering her own level down to Child. The lore being “Tuwarmon is the evolved form of the weakling Damemon and as part of its infiltration abilities it has the ability to appear as its old self so when one encounters a Damemon you have no way of knowing if it is pathetic or a secret threat” makes perfect sense.

Bancho

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It should’ve and could’ve been both as with Sleipmon in Savers disguising herself by lowering her own level down to Child. The lore being “Tuwarmon is the evolved form of the weakling Damemon and as part of its infiltration abilities it has the ability to appear as its old self so when one encounters a Damemon you have no way of knowing if it is pathetic or a secret threat” makes perfect sense.
oh, that would have been a cool concept: "is this the Champion level Damemon who can't transform or the Perfect level Tuwarmon in disguise?". We currently don't have any Digimon who do that that I can recall

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
oh, that would have been a cool concept: "is this the Champion level Damemon who can't transform or the Perfect level Tuwarmon in disguise?". We currently don't have any Digimon who do that that I can recall
The problem is that Tuwarmon was already firmly established as Adult well before the the mass Level registration, both in Crusader reportedly and on Twitter alongside Damemon so safe to say Perfect Level Tuwarmon was never gonna happen and most likely was never even up for consideration as far as Bandai were concerned.

HeroWars

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I love they put this line with Wisemon and AncientWisemon
Tuwarmon being mutant and metal in same time make it fit better for AncientWisemon
I also think Tuwarmon fit for Gokumon too because both are dual wielding.

CloneWarrior

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The problem is that Tuwarmon was already firmly established as Adult well before the the mass Level registration, both in Crusader reportedly and on Twitter alongside Damemon so safe to say Perfect Level Tuwarmon was never gonna happen and most likely was never even up for consideration as far as Bandai were concerned.

You say that like a time didn't exist between Damemon evolving into Tuwarmon in Hunters and Crusader and that tweet happening.

Hindsight is 20/20.

HeavyLeomon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Bandai made some poor decissions while leveling the Xros Wars mons, and one of them was Tuwarmon. Outside of the show there is no use for the change form thing, they are two different digimons with whole different abilities but they count as one for no reason. The disguise thing would still work if you specify it being a tuwarmon technique that allows him to "de-digivolve" into the adult lvl digimon damemon.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You say that like a time didn't exist between Damemon evolving into Tuwarmon in Hunters and Crusader and that tweet happening.
Except there was only about nine months difference between Hunters' end and Crusader's release so there really wasn't much time between them.

Bandai made some poor decissions while leveling the Xros Wars mons, and one of them was Tuwarmon. Outside of the show there is no use for the change form thing, they are two different digimons with whole different abilities but they count as one for no reason.
You say that like Toei didn't a mistake in making Tuwarmon a Digivolution when it was the Encyclopedia itself that established them as being one and the same.

CloneWarrior

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Except there was only about nine months difference between Hunters' end and Crusader's release so there really wasn't much time between them.

How is nine months not enough time for people to come up with theories about stuff?

Also the Crusader pages on Wikimon show the Xros Wars Digimon as still being "No Level."

You say that like Toei didn't a mistake in making Tuwarmon a Digivolution when it was the Encyclopedia itself that established them as being one and the same.

It's weird how you're so adamant about Toei making a mistake here. We just established a perfectly reasonable explanation as to why they could be two different levels, but literally every time someone disagrees with you about evolutions or levels you always feel the need to tell us why we're objectively wrong and you've always known better.

It's a fictional franchise about transforming monsters. Let us have fun and theorize.

Last edited: