Typing Crest/Virtues and Partners: Adventure, Adventure 02, and Tamers

JR9386

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So this is more of a light-hearted, but a somewhat intriguing exercise in character development and perception.

What are some characters that you believe fit the bill in so far as their associated Crests/Digimentals, and those which you would have swapped out? The same applies to human and digimon partnerships.

Personally, I think that for the most part, the Crests and partnerships for the vast majority of the original team syncs up quite well, though Kari's Crest is somewhat vague. In so far as 02, I think that Yolei should haven gotten Knowledge and Courage. I know what they were going for with Davis, but I can't think of anyone more like Tai and Izzy than Yolei. This may apply more towards the VA for the dub, but I always took Hawkmon to be intended as a rather sagely character.

Were it not for my own headcanon concerning Ken, Kindness would have gone to Davis. Veemon's general cheerful disposition and Davis' general trusting nature make this an appropriate fit. but if we're going with classic Digimentals, then Friendship and Reliability.

Cody basically gets stuck with what's left over, but I actually believe that Sincerity is a good match for him, because of his brutal honesty. What I have difficulty with is Love as applied to Cody. Not that he didn't care deeply for his friends, but his character suffered such poor development, that it's hard to peg him as one thing or the other. If I had to swap him with Davis, perhaps I'd say Sincerity and Reliability for Cody, and Friendship and Love for Davis.

I think Takato and Guilmon delivered when it came to Courage, Love, and Kindness. While Tamers doesn't operate under the same mechanics, the Crests etc. are known within that universe, even if they are just fiction to them.

Rika fits the bill in so far as Friendship, Sincerity, and Light. Light is the harder sell out of all of these, but taken in tandem with Sincerity, I think it works quite well.

Henry is perhaps what I had hoped Cody to be were he developed accordingly. Personally, I could see him embodying Knowledge, Hope, and Reliability.

TheMatrix

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
How aboiut Meiko having the crest of friendship? Yeah, she is shy and somewhat antisocial but much like Matt/Yamato there is a level of irony that the best of friends aren't necessarly the most social people.

JR9386

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
How aboiut Meiko having the crest of friendship? Yeah, she is shy and somewhat antisocial but much like Matt/Yamato there is a level of irony that the best of friends aren't necessarly the most social people.
Meiko didn't get much in the way of character development to merit a Crest proper, though she is "included"amongst the core cast. I implicitly apply the Crest of Justice to her,because Meicoomon was intended to be the keeper of Libra. Raguelmon and Ophanimon Reaper Mode (That's what I call her, because to me she's not quite Fallen, proper, but more in keeping with an Eastern dark avatar.) both deal with judgement. Their combined form produced Ordinemon which is again concerned with judgement. The scale tipped against the Human World, which was likewise deemed worthy of a reboot (Was that her intention?). Omnimon Merciful Mode steps in and spares our world of that fate. Meicoomon must in turn be reminded of the good in humanity, and that true Justice is likewise tempered with Mercy. Personally, and this goes beyond the scope of the thread, I don't like that Omnimon gets a mode change. He should have become a totally different digimon after all of them combined into one. Perhaps Shakamon?

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
...Maybe she'd have the crest of Balance. Or Mercy. Justice always seemed more Cody. Or at least that's what people always say.

JR9386

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What is that?
The Digimental of Darkness (Void).

But this further confirms my suspicion that she was intended to become Raguelmon, but Digimon didn't want to invest in having a evil digimon be a partner digimon.

JR9386

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What is that?

But this further confirms my suspicion that she was intended to become Raguelmon, but Digimon didn't want to invest in having a evil digimon be a partner digimon.
But she did become raguelmon
I know, but that's what I am getting at.

Many would say that's her corrupted form, and that under different circumstances she would achieve Rasielmon.

I'm arguing the opposite. I don't think she was ever intended to achieve Rasielmon. I think by default she's intended to become Raguelmon. She's the "Sailor Saturn" of the digidestined.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What is that?

Many would say that's her corrupted form, and that under different circumstances she would achieve Rasielmon.

I'm arguing the opposite. I don't think she was ever intended to achieve Rasielmon. I think by default she's intended to become Raguelmon. She's the "Sailor Saturn" of the digidestined.
the director said that meicoomon was created to be opposite gatomon with meiko as opposite kari. before tri even started they chose to use falldown mode to fuse with meicoomon to be the final boss

so yes meicoomon was always intended to be the villain

the entire reason shes a champion cat is cuz they wanted the new digimon to fuse with gatomon to be the final boss

JR9386

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What is that?

the director said that meicoomon was created to be opposite gatomon with meiko as opposite kari. before tri even started they chose to use falldown mode to fuse with meicoomon to be the final boss

so yes meicoomon was always intended to be the villain

the entire reason shes a champion cat is cuz they wanted the new digimon to fuse with gatomon to be the final boss

But I'm going beyond that point.

I'm claiming that by default, Meicoomon's dark digivolution is her natural progression over the course of a battle.

TL;DR:

Under any and all circumstances, should Meicoomon feel threatened and need to fight, she'll always assume those forms.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
...Yeah. She sure is an opposite Kari. Not as far as I would make her but still. ...Huh. That Dark Egg never did make much sense. But oh well. I still like the angel form more.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Seems like if the corrupted line was the normal one we’d have Maicrackmon Calm Mode instead of Maicrackmon Vicious Mode.

Darklabo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What is that?

It seems to me, however, that in Tamers, Guilmon was predisposed to become Megidramon, and that it is his transformation into Dukemon that is "unnatural".

JR9386

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What is that?

It seems to me, however, that in Tamers, Guilmon was predisposed to become Megidramon, and that it is his transformation into Dukemon that is "unnatural".
To some degree, I am inclined to agree.

But that would also call into question whether the BioMerge forms are "natural".

Megiddomon is explicitly born of Takato's rage, but given Guilmon, I could see it being his default non-BioMerge form.