MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Time for some great news!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

They've announced a big stack of theatrical news for those of us in the US, so let's start with the earliest...

On Thursday, February 1st, Digimon Adventure tri. Part 4 Loss will get a one night theatrical run via Fathom dubbed in English.

The screening will include a recap of tri. Parts 1 thru 3 and a new interview with Joshua Seth.

Screenings will be at 7:30pm and tickets are currently on sale!

As if that isn't enough...

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

They've announced English dubbed theatrical runs via Fathom for tri. Parts 5 and 6 also, with the English title of Part 6 being given as 'Future'.

tri. Part 5 will be on May 10th and tri. Part 6 will be on September 20th. Both will also be on Thursday at 7:30pm.

No specific bonus features have been announced for Parts 5 and 6 yet, minus that they will have something similiar to Part 4.

Tickets are already on sale for Part 5 Coexistence and Part 6 Future!

Part 4 is a nice surprise, but to have plans already announced for 5 and 6 is beyond what we could have expected for the moment and quite fun. It isn't abnormal for Fathom to announce more theaters later, so look at the theaters that are available and plan accordingly.

It really is a bit of a surprise tickets are up for all 3 already. And Fathom has made a launch page with details of all 3.

Shout has also clarified that, for the time being, there is nothing to announce as far as home video information for Parts 4 thru 6. Often (but not always, such as with Part 1) theatrical runs via Fathom are timed to happen just before a home video release. We can all hope that is the case here.

This announcement certainly clarifies Joshua Seth's tweets a month ago.

And last, we have nice theatrical posters for Parts 4, 5 and 6 with the English titles!

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Hopefully we get more information soon.

Update- We have a short trailer for Fathom's showing of Part 4 which has no dialogue.

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Very exciting.

A bit strange that they cut out the "Our" in Part 6's title but whatever.

Crazy_Tai

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Looks like I'm off to New York next September to watch PT.6 Future :D

WiiU0706

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thats awesome/sad that by this time next year the Season 1 digidestined story will be complete, i been buying the Dvds and hope they release soon after the theatrical releases since none near me showed the first movie.

hackmon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It you what to see the movie in theater at least one person need to pro order the movie ticket it no one pro order the movie the theater at the location will not show the movie

Vaioumon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is awesome! I will definitely go see these if they're in my area again.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It you what to see the movie in theater at least one person need to pro order the movie ticket it no one pro order the movie the theater at the location will not show the movie

These screenings are months away and generically Fathom screenings, once scheduled, happen. I don't forsee that changing.

The only thing surprising is them being Thursday night, since many theaters show multiple early screenings of Friday releases early (Part 1 was also done on a Thursday night.) It appears they scheduled away from release weekends of the types of films that would 'take over' theaters though.

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wasn't even aware you could pre order a movie ticket lmao.

Surprised they're airing them all so quickly but fair play to them. I figured it'd take like 3 years before we have all of them done.

hackmon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

These screenings are months away and generically Fathom screenings, once scheduled, happen. I don't forsee that changing.

The only thing surprising is them being Thursday night, since many theaters show multiple early screenings of Friday releases Thursday night (Part 1 was also done on a Thursday night.)
it happen to me my movie theater cancel the fathom screening because no one pre order it

Vaioumon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wasn't even aware you could pre order a movie ticket lmao.

Surprised they're airing them all so quickly but fair play to them. I figured it'd take like 3 years before we have all of them done.

Yeah, pre-ordering can be a pretty good idea with these, depending on the movie. Going to the first Tri screening I was able to show up and the theater was maybe half-full, but going the Yugioh movie that came out in January I had to go through about 3 theaters because they were completely booked.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm happy to hear about this. If only I had someone to go with and one to go to.

Hagaren Gao

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is cool to see, but what a bizarre strategy skipping movies 2 and 3 like that. It's nice to see that this will be in a theater near me again, I really didn't care for movies 4 and 5 but a dub can only improve them so I might make a point of going to see both.

Also, I was kinda hoping they would shorten movie 6's name to 'Future' and minor as it is, I'm glad they did.

Togemon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is so exciting!! It was amazing to see it in theaters last time, so I'm glad these will get the same treatment. Hopefully the dvd/blu rays won't take as long to come out afterwards like for the first movie though, I felt like that took forever.

Also, they have the run times listed for the movies too. Part four is 1 hour 40 minutes, part five is 1 hour 50 minutes, and part 6 is two hours which I'm sure includes all the bonus stuff too. Hopefully that means that part 6 might actually be around Confession's length and it's not just a lot of extras! (though who knows.. maybe it's just a place holder, but considering Toei is involved too, maybe they already know how long it'll be)?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Also, they have the run times listed for the movies too. Part four is 1 hour 40 minutes, part five is 1 hour 50 minutes, and part 6 is two hours which I'm sure includes all the bonus stuff too. Hopefully that means that part 6 might actually be around Confession's length and it's not just a lot of extras! (though who knows.. maybe it's just a place holder, but considering Toei is involved too, maybe they already know how long it'll be)?

I would assume it's a place holder, as they're unlikely to have an extra edited 9 months early.

They likely just put 2 hours on it for now as that's a time they can certainly fill and provides a good rounded number.

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is cool to see, but what a bizarre strategy skipping movies 2 and 3 like that.

I though Tri Part 3 (English) was broadcasted in theatres too. It seems I was mistaken.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

BlankShell

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well hot damn. I figured (especially after Joshua Seth's tweet) that they'd do one more theater showing, but all three is a nice surprise, and I'm amazed they've planned it all this far in advance. I missed Part 1 in the theater, so I definitely want to catch at least one of these; not sure which yet, but Future is looking good for it.

Velocifaptor

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yippee! This is awesome news! Hopefully this means we'll be getting Part 4 on DVD by next Easter. Really gotta start saving up some cold hard cash. Also, those theatrical posters look wicked. I could totally get behind them.

Tsurugi

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Very exciting.

A bit strange that they cut out the "Our" in Part 6's title but whatever.
Actually it makes sense considering all the previous Tri movie titles were all one word. They probably wanted to stick with the naming scheme set by what came before.