tri. Part 6 Trailer! Plus Synopsis and Art

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Woo, trailer time!

Our first look at Digimon Adventure tri. part 6!

Toei put up this short trailer in advance of Jump Festa where it'll likely be featured.

We've mirrored it since the Youtube version is geolocked. If the embed doesn't work this link should.

The dialogue in the trailer is rather short...
Agumon: We'll meet again! Definitely!
?: If you do not stop Ordinemon, then there will be no future left for this world.
Gabumon: Because this is something that only we, as [their] friends, can do [for them]!
Yamato: We'll save the world, with our own way of doing things!

Garm wasn't 100% sure who the second voice was, but we think it's Hackmon.

The trailer also reiterates the 3 week theatrical run and the theatrical version Blu-ray.

In addition to the trailer, there are a few other things at the official site...

Including the Part 6 synopsis! Here it is translated to English by garm.

The destruction of the world has begun.
Meicoomon, who had gone berserk, absorbed the dark-evolved Tailmon and transformed into Ordinemon, who possesses tremendous power.
As predicted by Yggdrasil, the Real World is starting to get engulfed by the Digital World.
However, even as despair looms ever closer, the Chosen Children continue to move forward with determination.
Now that Taichi isn't around, Yamato is the only one who can take his place.

"We have to do this if we want to save the world!"

Gabumon acts as a pillar of support for Yamato; Agumon believes that Taichi will surely return.

At the same time, Homeostasis, who has decided that Ordinemon is beyond salvation and needs to be disposed of, is about to proceed to the final stages of its plan, which will involve the Real World.
The children and their Partner Digimon carry on fighting in an attempt to stop the spread of the destruction.

"All of the light lies within Meicoomon..."

Tailmon's voice reaches Hikari, who is currently in a state of despair.
And so the time for the children to make their final decision draws near.
What will the future, which the Chosen Children themselves have chosen, be?

Now, the adventure evolves again...

On top of that, they've updated some of their images...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

An updated version of the relationship chart, mentioning what's happened to Taichi and Tailmon.

And they've updated the evolution images, which now includes Ordinemon!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Digimon Adventure tri. Part 6 Our Future comes out on May 5th.

Update- Added translations for the trailer dialogue and synopsis above.

Update- Crunchyroll has put up an English version of the tri. Part 6 poster on the show page for tri.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

No announcement or news from Crunchyroll or Toei accompanied the image replacing the Part 5 poster.

Thanks to neko for the heads up about the poster.

lvr815

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
finally we get a new pv

Velocifaptor

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Judging by the trailer, Bokura no Mirai's gonna be a pretty sad movie. Just look at
poor Tailmon. Oh my heart aches seeing her like that
! Also, does it count as whining if I again point out the obvious and conspicuous absence of the Zero Two squad?

lvr815

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Judging by the trailer, Bokura no Mirai's gonna be a pretty sad movie. Just look at
poor Tailmon. Oh my heart aches seeing her like that
! Also, does it count as whining if I again point out the obvious and conspicuous absence of the Zero Two squad?

yes it's whining

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh. That's interesting. It calls Ordinemon a Fusion instead of a Jogress.

Velocifaptor

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Right Marc, sorry 'bout that. Moving along,
Huh. That's interesting. It calls Ordinemon a Fusion instead of a Jogress.
There could be a variety of reasons for this, but my pet theory is that Ordinemon is also an Ultimate (Mega), like Omegamon. Come to think of it, do we know of many Digimon that as Ultimates (Megas), Jogress to become Super Ultimates? As an aside, what does the relationship chart say about Taichi and Daigo? As much as I'm trying to learn Japanese, I can't read any kanji yet, so I have no idea what that text says.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
"Whereabouts unknown"

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There could be a variety of reasons for this, but my pet theory is that Ordinemon is also an Ultimate (Mega), like Omegamon. Come to think of it, do we know of many Digimon that as Ultimates (Megas), Jogress to become Super Ultimates?

Super Ultimate doesn't generally exist as an actual 'level' overall in the franchise. It's generally used as a descriptor.

A handful of games do use Super Ultimate as a level for organizational purposes, so it does exist in a few places as an actual level. But on the whole, the franchise doesn't use a level above Ultimate.

And the text specifically refers to Ordinemon as an Ultimate, that was never really in question.

Kingbeemon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have a feeling those are tais and matts digivices highlighting they'll get a new mega form.

Don't see anything note worthy other than that, I'm assuming Kari is talking to gatomon while she's still inside ordinemon and I have a feeling wizardmon will really help save the day and gatomon again.

Surprised were getting more clips of Matt instead of Meiko. I'm guessing a majority of the movie will consist of Matt and his character growth especially since the poster colors blue and the poster usually denote the main digidestined of the movie.

Tavo-Lobo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
LOL some people in another forum said: "Tailmon will die in this movie, so she can live being friend of wizardmon forever in the ghost world."

It's hilarious how people seems to forget the ending of 02 :D

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nice trailer, but in fairness, it doesn't show anything else apart from what we knew or expected before. The Tailmon scene is touching indeed, but she can't die and meet up with Wizardmon in the afterlife for two reasons:
1) The epilogue of 02.
2) The manga of Xros Wars.
Assuming they respect the two continuities.

Anyways, now I'm wondering if we'll ever see a proper Mega evolutions for both Tailmon and Meicoomon in the final part, in case Ordinemon turns out to be the final antagonist. I'm really hyped to see my beautiful Rasielmon in action after all this time.

clanc

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They'll definitely follow the 02 ending, but I dunno if the Xros Wars manga is cannon to Adventure.

Kingbeemon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't think so I think ordinemon will be the villain for the majority of movie 6 and we possibly will get a last minute gatomon mega form but I really doubt we will get a proper meicomon mega but it's possible we could get a scene like cherubimons in it's purified states as it dies.

Kingbeemon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well I think tri in general since I believe tri will go longer then 6 movies because they still have to fix the digital world with possibly two dark masters still out there and save the season 2 cast.

I think next movie just ends meicomon as the central threat of the movie they still have to face the real threat.

C-MC

Banned
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm prepared for the worst given how Loss & Symbiosis disappointed me :/

@KingBeemon it's been confirmed that chapter 6 is gonna be the last

Last edited:

Markcb

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Of course the first thing they show is Agumon fucking eating, like always. God how I hate what they've done with him.

Fortunately, the rest of the trailer got me in hype mode. Matt looks cool as hell and the Butterfly remix sounds amazing.