tri. Part 6 ED is Butter-Fly -tri. Version- Sung by... Everybody, Pre-Orders Open

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We got early details a week ago about the tri. Part 6 ED, but important bits, like the title and singer were missing...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Well now we know... the ED for Digimon Adventure tri. Part 6 will be Butter-Fly -tri. Version-, and it will be sung by... everyone.

All 9 Chosen Children actors: Natsuki Hanae, Yoshimasa Hosoya, Suzuko Mimori, Mutsumi Tamura, Hitomi Yoshida, Junya Ikeda, Junya Enoki, MAO, and Miho Arakawa.

All 9 Digimon actors, credited under the old Digimon group VA name the Digimon Shinkers: Chika Sakamoto, Mayumi Yamaguchi, Atori Shigematsu, Takahiro Sakurai, Kinoko Yamada, Junko Takeuchi, Miwa Matsumoto, Yuka Tokumitsu, and Yukiko Morishita.

Ayumi Miyazaki

AiM

And Wada Kouji. It appears they will be using Wada Kouji's vocal track from the original release of Butter-Fly -tri. Version- for his part.

In addition to the song itself, the Digimon will also have dialogue during the song (a tradition going back to Digimon Adventure.)

No cover image(s) yet, but hopefully we get those soon.

The CD will be released on May 2nd and there will be 2 versions:
A normal edition for 741 yen.
A first print limited edition for 1,481 yen. The limited edition will include a paper jacket and a mini pin-up poster of the art from the jacket.

Pre-Orders are available at CDJapan (affiliate links.)
tri. Part 6 ED CD (Normal)
tri. Part 6 ED CD (First Print Limited Edition)

Prior thread with news about the ED is here.

Vaioumon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sweet. I can't wait to see what inspiring words Agumon has to add to the song.

Shinraisei

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Here is something worth noting about Butter-fly as the ending theme (I'll double check in case I'm wrong):

For Japanese fans, I think this marks the first time since Part 3's Confession that Butter-fly will be played again in Tri.

Parts 4 and 5 did not have Butter-fly as the opening (the films were...of a rather different tone than 1-3) so you'll probably notice a lot of Japanese fans replying with tweets expressing thanks on Twitter about this news.

Compare that for most who have solely followed the Crunchyroll streams--we're just too used to seeing the international OP video that we never had a moment where it wasn't playing. Just thought it'd be an interesting fact for those not following the Japanese version (discs or iTunes rental). :)

EDIT: I stand corrected! Looks like the use of the OP in Part 4 didn't leave enough of an impression on me like Part 3's delayed used did!

Last edited:

Duramon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Here is something worth noting about Butter-fly as the ending theme (I'll double check in case I'm wrong):

For Japanese fans, I think this marks the first time since Part 3's Confession that Butter-fly will be played again in Tri.
Butter-fly was played in Chapter 4: Loss, in the scene with WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon.

C-MC

Banned
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Damn I was hoping for Re-Fly.... Great another unoriginality *sigh*

lvr815

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Re-fly is a good track but butterfly is a better choice as it has a special connection to the show. Also if all you do is complain about Tri why do you watch it?

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
While Re-Fly does feel like a spiritual "sequel" to Butter-fly (for lack of better term), it was never made specifically for Digimon. That and they probably wouldn't achieve much in re-releasing a three year old song to sell as a single for Tri.

A part of me was a little disappointed at first, maybe more unsurprised. But the more I think about it the more it makes sense to use another version of Butter-fly as the final ending theme. Adventure did it, 02 did it, so Tri absolutely should too. This could very well be the final installment of Adventure, period, so why not use its most iconic song as the ending theme?

dramaqueen

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
AMAZING! :eek::eek: *-* I was hoping for something like Bokura no Digital World and we'll have Butterfly with everybody <3 OMG I loved it so much!!!!

Grovyle48

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm more excited by the fact that it's going to be sung by the cast. Whenever the Digimon casts sing an existing Digimon song, it's always really sweet and sentimental. I prefer new music, but I'm okay with this.

Hagaren Gao

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope the dub matches this by having the entire cast sing the new dub theme song, because that would be a sweet, sweet mess.

Velocifaptor

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Minna, this is not a drill! :D
Me, I'm so damn excited. I'll probably buy the CD sometime in the future. Butter-fly as a song holds a special place in my heart, as it probably does in the hearts of millions of Digimon fans.

shiramomo

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh my the feels and nostalgia truck probably gonna hit me hard...i don't believe it's already the end...i'm sad yet so happy to see the children smiles :)

"In addition to the song itself, the Digimon will also have dialogue during the song (a tradition going back to Digimon Adventure)"

I don't really get this...what dialogue do you mean??

Vande

Roll Roll, Critical, Critical
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh my the feels and nostalgia truck probably gonna hit me hard...i don't believe it's already the end...i'm sad yet so happy to see the children smiles :)

"In addition to the song itself, the Digimon will also have dialogue during the song (a tradition going back to Digimon Adventure)"

So while the song plays there will be character(s) speaking I would imagine.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yay! This sounds like it would be really good. Can't wait to hear it.

shiramomo

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

So while the song plays there will be character(s) speaking I would imagine.
Oh i see!! Wow! Thanks for the reply! We still haven't heard it yet i'm already emotional!