MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Time for a few small tri. updates!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The art for the theatrical version Blu-ray of tri. Part 5 looks quite fantastic.

The vivid pink really looks great against the white background.

Like prior tri. theatrical versions, it will include a paper sleeve (the white/pink cover) and an insert based on the theatrical poster.

It will also include the liner notes, but will not include the bonus booklet.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The disc itself is expected to be the same as the normal tri. Part 5 Blu-ray but with a custom label.

It will be available September 30th (the day the theatrical release begins) at theaters showing tri. part 5 and cost 7,407 yen. Stock will be very limited for those interested.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

For those who won't be at theaters in Japan and want to get tri. Part 5, the DVD will be 7,000 yen and the Blu-ray will be 8,000 yen and be available November 2nd. In their initial release both will be in digipak packaging along with an additional booklet.

Like Parts 1 thru 4, there will also be Amazon exclusive versions which include a B2 size (roughly 20 by 29 inches) cloth poster.

And tri. part 5 is currently available to pre-order right now if you want to hop in early! CDJapan links are affiliate, Amazon Japan are not.

Digimon Adventure tri. Part 5 Blu-ray
Digimon Adventure tri. Part 5 Blu-ray (Amazon Version)
Digimon Adventure tri. Part 5 DVD
Digimon Adventure tri. Part 5 DVD (Amazon Version)

Update- Via Natalie we have a product layout for the theater version Blu-ray of tri. Part 5 that was added above.

Also, we have a small update for the early preview screenings of tri. Part 5 on September 1st.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

When the two preview screenings for tri. Part 5 were originally announced, it was with four guests: MAO (Hikari), Miho Arakawa (Meiko), Ayumi Miyazaki, and AiM. They've updated the screening information with the great news that Natsuki Hanae (Taichi) will also be on hand for the preview screenings.

Spongebond

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sigh, I'm pretty down thinking that we may be close to the end of Tri. I remember the simple announcement trailer in 2014 actually brought a tear to my eye. Here we are almost at the end now.

Here's to hoping Tamers a tamers sequel might show up. Although that does not seem likely.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Updated the news with an overall product layout image of the tri. Part 5 theater version Blu-ray.

MajinAkuma

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As someone who is still new here, I don't know what early screening exactly means.

Velocifaptor

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sometimes the Real World, sometimes the Dream Worl
As someone who is still new here, I don't know what early screening exactly means.
It's basically a special pre-release screening of the movie, to build press hype and what not. From what we're given to understand, it's based on a lottery system, and the people who view the movie have to sign some sort of nondisclosure agreement regarding spoilers (not sure about this last part). For the general public, what this means is, there is going to be a load of spoilers on the internet, but the only way we can separate fact from fiction is if a WtWer sees the screening, or after it's released in episodic format on Crunchyroll. On a slightly unrelated note, I'm concerned that they haven't unveiled the ED theme for this part yet.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm concerned that they haven't unveiled the ED theme for this part yet.
They did, nearly a month ago at DigiFes.

It was performed live on stage, same as Boku ni Totte was for Part 3 last year.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To be fair Neko, I also like Meiko and that is nice art. That is a really cool DVD.

MajinAkuma

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
https://scontent-sof1-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/21107407_844935342344348_1299610795432214528_n.jpg

Saw this image on instagram and didn't know where to post it.. but does anyone know what's being written in japanese besides the cast & crew ?
Hmm. I can't read the text, but the pictures provide some interesting tidbits.
There's that one traumatic looking one with Meiko and a single tear. Her eyes are off-screen, which is not a good sign.
Ophanimon Falldown Mode. Apparently surrounded with some shadowy stuff.
Taichi seems to fall into a distortion. And there's something orange in front of his body. Could be Meicoomon or some sort of claw.
Then there's the picture where people would scream "Koumi" and "Takari". And hey, Jou and Sora are also there, too.
No Yamato too be seen. Lol, the only person.

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ophanimon Falldown Mode. Apparently surrounded with some shadowy stuff.
I remember that V-Jump said that Ophanimon Falldown Mode was an Angel Digimon corrupted for sinister flames.

This is likely the moment of ger corruption.

Taichi seems to fall into a distortion. And there's something orange in front of his body. Could be Meicoomon or some sort of claw.
I don't see any distortion in that image. Taichi just seems to be falling.

I think the something orange is a mountain.

MajinAkuma

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't see any distortion in that image. Taichi just seems to be falling.

I think the something orange is a mountain.
The dark background might be a mountain. Because of the black part and the bright dots I was thinking of a distortion.

Anyway, is there any WtW member at the early screening?

Velocifaptor

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sometimes the Real World, sometimes the Dream Worl
https://scontent-sof1-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/21107407_844935342344348_1299610795432214528_n.jpg

Saw this image on instagram and didn't know where to post it.. but does anyone know what's being written in japanese besides the cast & crew ?
From what I can tell, it's basically stuff that we already knew. The kana is barely readable, and the kanji is so badly faded that even running the image through a commercial or freeware (such as online recognition) OCR software would yield nothing but unreadable gobbledygook. But I wouldn't get too hyped about it. The screenshots on the flyer (?) do provide some fuel for the imagination though, and I can already see people speculating in this thread and elsewhere.
Not that this is a speculation thread or anything

MidoriHime

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's basically a special pre-release screening of the movie, to build press hype and what not. From what we're given to understand, it's based on a lottery system, and the people who view the movie have to sign some sort of nondisclosure agreement regarding spoilers (not sure about this last part). For the general public, what this means is, there is going to be a load of spoilers on the internet, but the only way we can separate fact from fiction is if a WtWer sees the screening, or after it's released in episodic format on Crunchyroll. On a slightly unrelated note, I'm concerned that they haven't unveiled the ED theme for this part yet.
I realise this is an old thread, but to clarify, nobody signs non-disclosures. You apply for the lottery, win or lose. Win, buy ticket at a conbini. Lose, try for general sales. Win, buy ticket. Lose, go to scalpers. No ID checks.

This is done in a regular cinema. First session goes in and as soon as they come out second session is already going in (talk session happens after movie one, then just before the second screening starts - can't keep seiyuus hanging around long). So there is absolutely no chance for non-disclosures. It'd be unnecessary paperwork and get in everyone's way (this cinema is oddly set out - elevator up nine floors to get to the lobby, then another three or four up by escalator to the premier area, so it's all very narrow with not a whole lot of room). Also, it wouldn't help for foreign language spoilers (and yes, the staff and fans are much aware of some foreigners who attend frequently), since I doubt Toei staff are going through the internet and translating anything that could be a possible spoiler and then hunting people down lol.

I'd also say that you shouldn't completely trust forum members who have seen the movie. I say that despite being the one posting spoilers for the last movie and this one (kitto-toberu-sa). Obviously these are more reliable than random people on twitter or wherever, but I know people do attend these events (Digi Fes etc as well) without knowing any Japanese and then trying to assert what they thought happened. Also, not everyone who sees the movie has perfect Japanese, tiredness and excitement play a factor, distractions in the cinema, etc etc

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd also say that you shouldn't completely trust forum members who have seen the movie. I say that despite being the one posting spoilers for the last movie and this one (kitto-toberu-sa). Obviously these are more reliable than random people on twitter or wherever, but I know people do attend these events (Digi Fes etc as well) without knowing any Japanese and then trying to assert what they thought happened. Also, not everyone who sees the movie has perfect Japanese, tiredness and excitement play a factor, distractions in the cinema, etc etc
That's been brought up a number of times in the spoiler thread. In general people have more or less ignored it, as they've begun to ask more granular questions.