tri. Part 5 Spoilers

Jmac28211

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I feel like she's on the poster for the same reason that TK isn't on that Part 4 poster: it's her movie, along with Meiko.

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
OK, this is a movie about Hikari, but it's clearly not an OFM's movie. My objection was about the presence of a digimon that doesn't do so much in the whole movie and just acts as a component of another dark digimon or whatever that monster is.

lvr815

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It seems to be a Meiko movie and Hikari has some highlight spot in it

Hikarix

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It seems to be a Meiko movie and Hikari has some highlight spot in it

A meiko feat hikari movie: disappointed but not surprised.

It's not like I waited 15 years for this and Hikari deserved to shine properly for once after being slept on in Adventure and 02, nahhh.

lvr815

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

It's not like I waited 15 years for this and Hikari deserved to shine properly for once after being slept on in Adventure and 02, nahhh.

Ditto but maybe flim 6 will be Hikari's since she is the cause if the lastest villian and has not overcome her darkness yet.

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I agree.

However, it seems she has a moment to shine when she opposes Homeostasis.

Ditto but maybe flim 6 will be Hikari's since she is the cause if the lastest villian and has not overcome her darkness yet.
I really doubt Part 6 will focus on her. I see more likely that this film focus on Taichi, Yamato and maybe Meiko (to continue the trend).

It is possible that she opossing Homeostasis is the overcoming of her inner conflict (she seems to have problems with the Digital World hating them).

After seeing the mega evolution of Patamon in Part 4, I do not have high hopes for the mega evolution of Tailmon in Part 6.

Last edited:

lvr815

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really doubt Part 6 will focus on her. I see more likely that this film focus on Taichi, Yamato and maybe Meiko (to continue the trend).

It is possible that she opossing Homeostasis is the overcoming of her inner conflict (she seems to have problems with the Digital World hating them).

After seeing the mega evolution of Patamon in Part 4, I do not have high hopes for the mega evolution of Tailmon in Part 6.

I will give the digimon seris one thing that is consistent is that they know how to make the final battle be epic as hell so you never know.

lvr815

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
With the way this is going, it is understandable why Taichi got the job he did in the epilogue lol.

It is nice to finally get explanation for the career choice as it was a very strange choice thay came out of left field from 02

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I will give the digimon seris one thing that is consistent is that they know how to make the final battle be epic as hell so you never know.
I agree that the final battles in Digimon are great. I hope Tri has a great final battle too.

I just really doubt that Tailmon's mega or the way to get this mega will have a important role in this battle.

Last edited:

lvr815

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I agree that the final battles in Digimon are great. I hope Tri has a great final battle too.

I just really doubt that Tailmon's mega or the way to get this mega will have a important role in this battle.

As long she plays a role in the battle I will be happy. I fear she would reduced to a egg for the final battle.

I really want now about the image of dark gennai? He looked super ominous

Last edited by a moderator:

Veeshadow

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So what was the point of including her on the poster when she is effectively absent from the episode hereself? Odd choice of characters for the poster. It might've been better to use Makie instead of OFM as the three of the girls share lots of similarities and according to the spoilers, she experienced the same scene as Hikari in 02. OFM appearing for some nanoseconds yet being on the poster is so silly.

Because of marketing and plot? Plot wise they obviously can't show the "real boss", a lot of RPGs get villains in the trailer/teaser that literally just play 5% role in the real plot. Marketing wise, it's just to tempting? Yeah fans valued Seraphimon/Holydramon scene 10x than Magnamon/Rapidmon in same movie...

Hououmon in part 4 doesn't get exclusive role either (Sora and Biyomon are main focus yes, but the battles are not), along with other mis-roled characters in Tri so far. Rosemon and H-Kabuterimon are just there. The battle in 2nd movie is Joe's resolve and Vikemon technically able to solo. Then they simply can't get deadline to animate Seraphimon that more fit in 3rd movie instead H-Kabuterimon (can they do what? Say all Digimons infected, Takeru can reach Angemon's heart and out from and infection then Digivolve?)..

I can just suspect that when they making tri, they make posters first and plot later. Then they can't edit out from public when they realize they can't fit all their story ideas in one movie and shrunk the character's role. This is actually the problem when anime didn't have any manga/novel source.

Last edited:

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Because of marketing and plot? Plot wise they obviously can't show the "real boss", a lot of RPGs get villains in the trailer/teaser that literally just play 5% role in the real plot. Marketing wise, it's just to tempting? Yeah fans valued Seraphimon/Holydramon scene 10x than Magnamon/Rapidmon in same movie...

Hououmon in part 4 doesn't get exclusive role either (Sora and Biyomon are main focus yes, but the battles are not), along with other mis-roled characters in Tri so far. Rosemon and H-Kabuterimon are just there. The battle in 2nd movie is Joe's resolve and Vikemon technically able to solo. Then they simply can't get deadline to animate Seraphimon that more fit in 3rd movie instead H-Kabuterimon (can they do what? Say all Digimons infected, Takeru can reach Angemon's heart and out from and infection then Digivolve?)..

I can just suspect that when they making tri, they make posters first and plot later. Then they can't edit out from public when they realize they can't fit all their story ideas in one movie and shrunk the character's role. This is actually the problem when anime didn't have any manga/novel source.

Good points. I'm 100% convinced now :)

MajinAkuma

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Then they simply can't get deadline to animate Seraphimon that more fit in 3rd movie instead H-Kabuterimon (can they do what? Say all Digimons infected, Takeru can reach Angemon's heart and out from and infection then Digivolve?)..
I disagree with that. The way the movie played out, Takeru shouldn't be able to make Angemon evolve to Seraphimon. Takeru wasn't able to clear his prophecy trial. He despaired after learning that Patamon was infected and was only able to confess it to the other seven (OH SEVEN) after the reboot happened. His despair was made into reality when Angemon's infection completed, and he didn't get his hope back until Meiko confessed to him. It's Meiko's confession that made Takeru realize that hiding things was the wrong choice and after learning from that mistake, he gained his hope back and he was more determined to reunite with his lost partner.

In contrast, Koushirou managed to clear his trial after Tentomon taught him the lesson of his life. He mustn't lose his joy for knowledge and he must keep his inner child within his heart and that was the moment that Koushirou was able to overcome his inner darkness.

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder how long the escene of Hikari opposing Homeostasis lasts. It seems a short escene, but I hope it isn't too short.

I disagree with that. The way the movie played out, Takeru shouldn't be able to make Angemon evolve to Seraphimon. Takeru wasn't able to clear his prophecy trial. He despaired after learning that Patamon was infected and was only able to confess it to the other seven (OH SEVEN) after the reboot happened. His despair was made into reality when Angemon's infection completed, and he didn't get his hope back until Meiko confessed to him. It's Meiko's confession that made Takeru realize that hiding things was the wrong choice and after learning from that mistake, he gained his hope back and he was more determined to reunite with his lost partner.
It's true that the mega evolution for Patamon in the battle of Part 3 wouldn't fit with the prophecy.

Takeru gradually regained his hope and determination throughout the last part of Confession after the reboot: his talk with Koushiro, he with the other digidestined hearing the sound of the whistle and his talk with Meiko (as you mention, this confession was pretty important in his resolution). He seems to have some last doubts in the battle of Part 4, but overcome these with the support of the other digidestined.

Last edited:

MidoriHime

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thanks for the spoilers everyone! I read on Tumblr that maki was holding a gun in the Dark ocean. Is this true and where did the gun come from?

Yes. It's already been shown that Maki's agency is making and using weapons against Digimon. It's not a stretch they'd have smaller personal weaponry on them.

I wonder how long the escene of Hikari opposing Homeostasis lasts. It seems a short escene, but I hope it isn't too short.
It's short, but it does it's job well. I would have liked it to be a little bit longer, but it's not bad as it is.

lvr815

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's short, but it does it's job well. I would have liked it to be a little bit longer, but it's not bad as it is.

I read that they show Hikari as like a ghost/shadow yelling at Homeostasis in her body

MidoriHime

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes. Btw the tumblr spoiler is mine (url change since last time lol)

DBxDigimon_fan

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Anybody else think that Yamato taking the leadership position could end up being the thing that solidifies Sora's feelings for him? And I don't mean her feelings like throughout 02 when they did the whole cutesy dating thing and she wanted to give him an xmas gift one time etc etc. I'm talking about actually falling in love this time. Like she sees a side of him perhaps she'd never seen and/or had been wanting to see from him?